Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

I did pick up a team or two late last year and enjoyed the opportunity.  With my work schedule am unable to be available when this takes place.  Keep my options open again and help if time frees up but no guarantees. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I work in Central Jersey but my manager is from Mt. Laurel which is South Jersey. Lincoln Financial is 20 minutes from his house. So yeah lots of Eagles fans. It’s Eagles, Giants, and Jets. Once you get to South Jersey it’s like all Eagles though lol.

What I know from our talks at work is that the Colts are in very good hands with Steichen and Eagles fans miss him lol. They feel Sirianni is just a puppet.

Don't call Sirianni a Puppet, he could rant and swear at other fans! 

I haven't been super active but usually this time of year is when i am most active and excited. And this was a lot of fun last year so count me in as coming back. 

Doesn't matter to me who I am assigned. Last year I had Washington so if i can navigate a Dan Snyder team (at the time) then I can handle anyone lol

Hope everyone is doing well! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Great. You may pick a team.

Lots of teams are still available including many selecting at the top:

Washington

Patriots

Chargers

Falcons,

Jets

You can be in the lottery to be the Colts GM.

I will take chargers and I want in on lottery for Colts GM. When does this draft go down?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EasyE said:

I will take chargers and I want in on lottery for Colts GM. When does this draft go down?

Will need to prepare a big board, it's an Excel sheet format (Google Sheets) we had last year that had big board, draft selection by order and list of players selected for each team all in one place. It will be updated online and will be shared with every one (participants and audience), and any changes made will be available for anyone to view in real time. 

If I get that format and data from the Vikings forum like last year, that'd make the preparation easier. 

We will decide the time soon, after the free agency frenzy is over, and everyone gets time to review what off-season moves each NFL team made, and what their primary and secondary needs are.

Looking forward to have our Mock Draft in the first week of April (tentative).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TomDiggs said:

I haven't been super active but usually this time of year is when i am most active and excited. And this was a lot of fun last year so count me in as coming back. 

Doesn't matter to me who I am assigned. Last year I had Washington so if i can navigate a Dan Snyder team (at the time) then I can handle anyone lol

Hope everyone is doing well! 

You had a good draft last year for Washington. 

Go ahead and pick a team of your choice, that will make it clear for everyone else to know which teams are still available.

I will make a list of teams followed by participants who have got their teams assigned. 

• Like 1

NFL teams selected so far:

Yoshinator - Denver Broncos  @Yoshinator

Colts Germany - New York Giants  @ColtsGermany

Stitches - Chicago Bears @stitches 

Defjamz26 - Philadelphia Eagles @Defjamz26 

Solid84 - Arizona Cardinals @Solid84 

Chad72 - Detroit Lions @chad72 

Coltsfanej - Washington Commanders @coltsfanej 

Archer - New England Patriots @Archer 

SaturdayAllDay - New Orleans Saints @SaturdayAllDay 

John Hammonds - Green Bay Packers  @John Hammonds 

PRnum1 -  @PRnum1 

CR91 - 

Indyfan4life - 

EasyE - Los Angeles Chargers @EasyE

Tom Diggs - 

VikingsFanInChennai - 

NFLfan - 

Tweezy32 - 

@PRnum1, @CR91, @Indyfan4life, @TomDiggs, @tweezy32 please select your team of choice to draft. 

@RollerColt are you available for the Draft Evenings in Early April? 

Teams Available: 

NFC: 

49ers 

Seahawks

Rams 

Vikings 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

Falcons 

AFC: 

Bills

Jets 

Dolphins 

Chiefs 

Raiders 

Jaguars 

Texans 

Titans 

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Bengals 

Only 3 AFC teams have been chosen so far, compared to 8 NFC teams. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Bears are taken. I think Washington with the second pick is still available. Patriots pick 3rd and are still available. Would you like one?

Sure. Commanders

2 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

PRnum1 -  @PRnum1 

CR91 - 

Indyfan4life - 

Tom Diggs - 

VikingsFanInChennai - 

NFLfan - 

Tweezy32 - 

@PRnum1, @CR91, @Indyfan4life, @TomDiggs, @tweezy32 please select your team of choice to draft. 

Teams Available: 

NFC: 

49ers 

Seahawks

Rams 

Vikings 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

Falcons 

AFC: 

Bills

Jets 

Dolphins 

Chiefs 

Raiders 

Jaguars 

Texans 

Titans 

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Bengals 

I'll take the Chiefs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Sure. Commanders

Commanders are taken, teams available are: 

NFC: 

49ers 

Seahawks

Rams 

Vikings 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

Falcons 

AFC: 

Bills

Jets 

Dolphins 

Raiders 

Jaguars 

Texans 

Titans 

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Bengals 

PRnum1 -  @PRnum1 

CR91 - 

Indyfan4life - 

Tom Diggs - 

VikingsFanInChennai - 

NFLfan - 

Tweezy32 - 

Teams Available: 

NFC: 

49ers 

Seahawks

Rams 

Vikings 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

Falcons 

AFC: 

Bills

Jets 

Dolphins 

Chiefs 

Raiders 

Jaguars 

Texans 

Titans 

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Bengals 

I'll take the bills

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Sure. Commanders

NFC: 

49ers 

Seahawks

Rams 

Vikings 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

Falcons 

AFC: 

Jets 

Dolphins 

Raiders 

Jaguars 

Texans 

Titans 

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Bengals 

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

NFC: 

49ers 

Seahawks

Rams 

Vikings 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

Falcons 

AFC: 

Jets 

Dolphins 

Raiders 

Jaguars 

Texans 

Titans 

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Bengals 

Raiders then

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You had a good draft last year for Washington. 

Go ahead and pick a team of your choice, that will make it clear for everyone else to know which teams are still available.

I will make a list of teams followed by participants who have got their teams assigned. 

I'll take the Falcons and if we have to double up on teams let me know and I will grab another

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomDiggs said:

I'll take the Falcons and if we have to double up on teams let me know and I will grab another

Hi Tom, good to see you! How are the kiddos(s)?

Let's do this in draft order

1 Carolina > to Bears @stitches

2 Washington @coltsfanej

3 New England @Archer

4 Arizona @Solid84

5 LA Chargers @EasyE

6 NY Giants @ColtsGermany

7 Tennessee (open)

8 Atlanta @TomDiggs

9 Chicago @stitches

10 NY Jets (open)

11 Minnesota @Indyfan4life

12 Denver @Yoshinator

13 Las Vegas @CR91

14 New Orleans @SaturdayAllDay

15 Indianapolis (lottery)

16 Seattle (open)

17 Jacksonville (open)

18 Cincinnati @RollerColt

19 LA Rams (open)

20 Pittsburgh (open)

21 Miami (open)

22 Philadelphia @Defjamz26

23 Cleveland > to Texans (open)

24 Dallas (open)

25 Green Bay @John Hammonds

26 Tampa Bay (open)

27 Houston > to Cardinals @Solid84

28 Buffalo @PRnum1

29 Detroit @chad72

30 Baltimore (open)

31 San Francisco (open)

32 Kansas City @jvan1973

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Great. You may pick a team.

Lots of teams are still available including many selecting at the top:

Washington

Patriots

Chargers

Falcons,

Jets

You can be in the lottery to be the Colts GM.

I’ll take the Vikings. Just saw the Chargers were picked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would also vote to allow trading of future picks in trades. Obviously they wouldn’t carry over to next year but I think it would allow our trades to be more realistic and not force someone to give up half of their draft to move up a few spots in the first round. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hi Tom, good to see you! How are the kiddos(s)?

what's going on?!?

all is well here. little one turned 2 and she's 2 going on 21. her brother just turned 6. so they're keeping me on my toes that's for dang sure. 

glad to be back on the boards. this is always my fave time of year here. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TomDiggs said:

what's going on?!?

all is well here. little one turned 2 and she's 2 going on 21. her brother just turned 6. so they're keeping me on my toes that's for dang sure. 

glad to be back on the boards. this is always my fave time of year here. 

I'm glad you are back and that your family is doing well. All is well with me too. Just a bit busy. It sounds like many here are busy too, but I'm glad we are getting participants.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

I would also vote to allow trading of future picks in trades. Obviously they wouldn’t carry over to next year but I think it would allow our trades to be more realistic and not force someone to give up half of their draft to move up a few spots in the first round. 

That would be nice. But only picks of next year.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, coltsfanej said:

The problem is we will need to have a proper way of having a chart or a reference to "value" future year draft picks.

Forget future round draft picks for a minute.

There are two draft trade value charts available right now to us: 

Rich Hill Trade Value Chart

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp?RequestTeam=Min

Classic Jimmy Johnson Trade Value Chart:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=Min

I don't believe Rich Hill Chart reflects the real world scenario. Let us take a trade similar to what SF did to move up from #12 to #3 in 2021 draft. This year's #12 pick holder, Denver, doesn't seem to have a second round pick so I'll take Minnesota's #11 pick and try to trade up to #3 using both charts.

By using Rich Hill Chart, I can give Minnesota's draft picks #11, #42 & #130 to move up to #3. That's all.

In reality, San Francisco had to give up 3 years worth of FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS to move up from #12 to #3. 

So, I'd not use Rich Hill Chart for 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, because simply that's NOT how it works in the real world, it's not even close and it feels like cheating! 

Let's use Jimmy Johnson Trade Value Chart for the same scenario: 

All of 2024 Minnesota's draft picks value amount to only 1935, and to move up to #3 they'd need to give at least 2200 points. It's still not good enough to reflect the trades in real world but it at least gets somewhere in the ballpark and it's not as bad as Rich Hill Chart.

So, if you would like to include future years draft picks in trade, let's define how the trade value for future years' draft picks  work.

Some say we need to map future first round draft pick of round 1 to this year's round 2 value, future second round draft pick to this year's round 3 value, so on.

Like that, let's define the parameters first.

Let's see if that looks fair next.

If they look and feel better and fair to all, I'd think we could use future years draft picks in trades (subjected to how everyone feels about it).

The problem is we will need to have a proper way of having a chart or a reference to "value" future year draft picks.

I don't believe Rich Hill Chart reflects the real world scenario. Let us take a trade similar to what SF did to move up from #12 to #3 in 2021 draft. This year's #12 pick holder, Denver, doesn't seem to have a second round pick so I'll take Minnesota's #11 pick and try to trade up to #3 using both charts.

By using Rich Hill Chart, I can give Minnesota's draft picks #11, #42 & #130 to move up to #3. That's all.

In reality, San Francisco had to give up 3 years worth of FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS to move up from #12 to #3. 

So, I'd not use Rich Hill Chart for 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, because simply that's NOT how it works in the real world, it's not even close and it feels like cheating! 

All of 2024 Minnesota's draft picks value amount to only 1935, and to move up to #3 they'd need to give at least 2200 points. It's still not good enough to reflect the trades in real world but it at least gets somewhere in the ballpark and it's not as bad as Rich Hill Chart.

So, if you would like to include future years draft picks in trade, let's define how the trade value for future years' draft picks  work.

Some say we need to map future first round draft pick of round 1 to this year's round 2 value, future second round draft pick to this year's round 3 value, so on.

If they look and feel better and fair to all, I'd think we could use future years draft picks in trades (subjected to how everyone feels about it).

Those charts are only guides. Teams give more or less all the time based on multiple variables such as draft depth and certain positions, star QBs and so on. 

i say let people make the trades they want to make and use what guide they would like or no guide. 

For instance: if I’m picking at 10 and there are 5 guys on my board with the same grade and don’t know which I’d prefer, I’d be willing to take less value than what a chart says in a trade to move back to 14. But if I’m at 10 and one guy I had ranked in the top 5 falls to me, it would take a lot more to get me to move back. This happens all the time. 

supply and demand my man, let the free market decide the prices. That’s fair for everyone. There’s no reason to impose a chart on people. It takes two to tango, so if they both like the music, I say let them dance. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I would prefer using current year's picks.

However, if you do want to use future year picks, no more than 2025 to be included. Future year picks typically end up 4-5 spots higher than this year's picks in value used for trades.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

Those charts are only guides. Teams give more or less all the time based on multiple variables such as draft depth and certain positions, star QBs and so on. 

i say let people make the trades they want to make and use what guide they would like or no guide. 

For instance: if I’m picking at 10 and there are 5 guys on my board with the same grade and don’t know which I’d prefer, I’d be willing to take less value than what a chart says in a trade to move back to 14. But if I’m at 10 and one guy I had ranked in the top 5 falls to me, it would take a lot more to get me to move back. This happens all the time. 

supply and demand my man, let the free market decide the prices. That’s fair for everyone. There’s no reason to impose a chart on people. It takes two to tango, so if they both like the music, I say let them dance. 

Not imposing a chart, but trying to draw a baseline that everyone's good with. These two charts actually vary so much only for top 3 draft picks but as we go further, both these charts work fairly the same. It's just that Rich Hill Chart is so detached from reality, when someone wants to trade up to #1 overall draft pick or the 2nd overall or the 3rd overall. 

When the trade talks happen, they typically do not involve the Draft commissioner and only when two parties agree with each other, they send it by PM unless both parties choose to include the host in PMs. 

Say, one person seems to be willing to give up all of next year's draft picks to move up to #2 over others, it's supply and demand too.. but the GM with the #2 pick doesn't get to use the supply of 2025 draft picks in this draft, so there's not much actual gain that GM gets to enjoy. Including future year draft picks is good only for those who move up, not much for the GM who trades down. And, the teams that have a large collection of draft picks in upcoming 2 Drafts will be set to trade up Easier. 

If two parties agree to do that, that's good. 

If everyone agrees on one principle and believe everyone else to play in fairness, it's all good.

As @chad72 suggested, including only one future year draft picks is good idea, and the trade value suggested sounds good too.

When we get all the GMs decided, let's ask if the majority would like to include one future year draft picks in trades. 

On 3/5/2024 at 4:26 AM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

We're hoping to conduct our own forum's annual Gavin's Mock Draft for the year 2024 in April.

It will be a 5-round mock draft this year that we all could participate typically around 3 hours every day in the evening for a week and few more days. 

Anyone who has not participated in last year's mock draft or earlier is very welcome to join on the fun.

Participants can state the NFL team that they'd like to represent this year as their GM.

Colts GM will be selected by a Lucky Draw using random generator as we did last year, among all the GMs who join one will get to represent Colts. 

Last year's participants listed below, can you please confirm if you'd like to be part of the Mock Draft this year? 

@ColtsGermany

@Yoshinator (formerly Jared Cisneros - Damn, my phone still remembers) 

@coltsfanej

@danlhart87

@Mike06181 (Lions fan presumably wishing to select for Lions) 

@CR91 

@El Potro 

@crazycolt1 

@runthepost 

@RNGDShobby 

@Archer 

@John Hammonds 

@TomDiggs

@NFLfan 

@Defjamz26 

@PureLuck 

@chad72 

@RollerColt 

@SaturdayAllDay

If you know any one else would be willing to join this year mock draft, please let them know and ask them to inform their interest here. 

@tweezy32 are you willing to join this year? 

Well just like that, my plans changed for the next month, no more desert “vacation”, so count me in. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Not imposing a chart, but trying to draw a baseline that everyone's good with. These two charts actually vary so much only for top 3 draft picks but as we go further, both these charts work fairly the same. It's just that Rich Hill Chart is so detached from reality, when someone wants to trade up to #1 overall draft pick or the 2nd overall or the 3rd overall. 

When the trade talks happen, they typically do not involve the Draft commissioner and only when two parties agree with each other, they send it by PM unless both parties choose to include the host in PMs. 

Say, one person seems to be willing to give up all of next year's draft picks to move up to #2 over others, it's supply and demand too.. but the GM with the #2 pick doesn't get to use the supply of 2025 draft picks in this draft, so there's not much actual gain that GM gets to enjoy. Including future year draft picks is good only for those who move up, not much for the GM who trades down. And, the teams that have a large collection of draft picks in upcoming 2 Drafts will be set to trade up Easier. 

If two parties agree to do that, that's good. 

If everyone agrees on one principle and believe everyone else to play in fairness, it's all good.

As @chad72 suggested, including only one future year draft picks is good idea, and the trade value suggested sounds good too.

When we get all the GMs decided, let's ask if the majority would like to include one future year draft picks in trades. 

Future picks have been problematic in the past in this mock. Similar to player involved trades. 

that said, limiting it to a single future pick might make things a bit more realistic while limiting the chaos

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Well just like that, my plans changed for the next month, no more desert “vacation”, so count me in. 

Thank you, pick a team of your choice.. I'm gonna do the same shortly

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Future picks have been problematic in the past in this mock. Similar to player involved trades. 

that said, limiting it to a single future pick might make things a bit more realistic while limiting the chaos

That sounds like we could give a try this year and let's see if that's okay for everyone. 

@tweezy32 you were the first to inform your interest in taking part in this year's draft, kicking off this thread but you've not picked your team yet. Or did I miss it? Perhaps you don't login often, and when you do next time, please let us know the team you'd like to draft. 

You'll be part of the Lucky Draw for choosing Colts GM, beforehand you can pick another team in case the Colts GM lottery goes to someone else. 

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Thank you, pick a team of your choice.. I'm gonna do the same shortly

That sounds like we could give a try this year and let's see if that's okay for everyone. 

I have no preference, throw me into the drawing for the colts and if I don’t get that, I’ll take whatever team is left. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@NFLfan will you be able to participate in this mock draft? You can choose a team, and in case you get busy at that time, we can have the team assigned to somebody else. Many have voiced interest in taking up second team if needed, so that'd not be an issue later. 

Thank  you. This is a very busy first half of the year.  I cannot commit to be being here all the time; so I will not be participating as a GM. I can help out, if needed.

Have you thought of asking some members that post often but don't seem to know about this. Some like 1959Colts, GoatfaceKillah, Dingus McGirt (spelling?), @Dunk , Richard Pallo, @teganslawand others? Any of the mods? @ShiveSeems to follow college football.

• Thanks 1

We have little more than ten spots left to participate as GM for one of the remaining tasks in 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, and participants would be part of the Lucky Draw for choosing Colts GM for this year.

Would you have time for 3 hours for around 2 weeks in early April and would you be interested in taking part as GM for the Mock Draft?

********You don't have to respond if you couldn't make it******

@w87r, @Shive, @richard pallo, @KB, @Hark, @Colt Overseas, @James, @krunk, @MikeCurtis, @Superman, @Dark Superman, @NewColtsFan, @ColtStrong2013, @G8R, @smittywerb, @coltsfanatic24, @Restinpeacesweetchloe, @throwing BBZ, @IndyColtsFan411, @Indeee, @compuls1v3, @rock8591, @hambone35, @NorthernColt, @Gigc, @Lifetime Colt, @Patrick Miller, @BProland85, @Boss7894, @Mr. Too Proud, @1959Colts, @Dingus McGirt, @Goatface Killah

• Like 1