Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

LA Rams draft recap

19 johnny newton dt illionis

52 tj tampa cb iowa st

83 brandon trice edge washington

99 blake fisher ot notre dame

154 gabe hall dt baylor

155 james williams lb/s miami

196 daijun edwards rb georgia

209 ryan flournoy wr southwest Missouri 

213 jarred wiley te tcu

217 tyrice knight lb utep

254 cameron little k Arkansas 

the rams had a huge hole at dt and drafted 2 including top rated dt in newton. Tampa is a solid cb and the rams used this drsft to refill the defense with a ton of picks. The got a potential LT in fisher who was starting over alt until he got hurt at notre dame. Got a kicker in little

with their last pick which was a big need. Jarred wiley is a late round tight end who has huge size and is a red zone threat at 6 ft 7. 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Can you suggest 2 players for Jets?

One slightly Relevant,

Another Mr. IrRelevant

Yes one second 

• Like 2

Just now, VikingsFanInChennai said:

So, Tua's brother is our Mr. Irrelevant :)

Thank you @Mike06181 for helping out, it's such a fun draft this time! Hope to catch up with you again after Lions' actual draft, Good Luck building a championship team in and for Detroit fans! 

Thank you for running this outstanding draft! Maybe see you at the lions vs

colts game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

Thank you for running this outstanding draft! Maybe see you at the lions vs

colts game.

I'm not in US.. maybe in future one day again. Enjoy the Colts game, should be fun season this year. And, let's regroup to share how the draft went on for everybody. 

@Yoshinator @Solid84 @RollerColt @crazycolt1 @chad72 @stitches @CR91 @w87r @John Hammonds @csmopar @SaturdayAllDay @coltsfanej @Archer @Defjamz26 @TomDiggs

I've been picking for Colts in Vikings forum Mock Draft that started last night, and we had 2 rounds completed.

I picked TE Brock Bowers in round 1 and S Kamren Kinchens in round 2, didn't get to trade up or down, so I'm probably gonna let the board fall and pick the best player available.

5 QBs were taken in 1st round, there was a run on OTs and top 3 WRs, and 2 Edge rushers. 0 CBs and 0 DTs were taken when I was on clock, so all of them were available. Edge Latu was also available among others. I went with Bowers as that'd be rare opportunity to get an  explosive, potential elite weapon on offense.

By Colts pick in round 2, there was a huge run on CBs, OTs and OG/Cs, and S Nubin was also taken. All of the other top WRs were also taken, and I was eyeing on Ladd McConkey who just went a pick prior to Colts, otherwise I'd have taken him, even if that meant going offensive playmakers back to back.

I didn't like many of the other receivers or DL players available, as I had lower grade for them for #46, Ricky Pearsall and Mike Sainristil were there , other players available were TJ Tampa, two other top LBs who I considered, DT T'Vondre Sweat was also available... Among Safeties, only Nubin had been taken already at that point, so all other Safeties were there.

I considered between Kinchens and Bullard, both of whom I liked, but eventually thought Kinchens' versatility in playing different positions would suit Colts defense better. 

Rounds 3 and 4 tonight...

Let me know what you think I could've done or you'd have done, that'd help me target in upcoming rounds. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

@Yoshinator @Solid84 @RollerColt @crazycolt1 @chad72 @stitches @CR91 @w87r @John Hammonds @csmopar @SaturdayAllDay @coltsfanej @Archer @Defjamz26 @TomDiggs

I've been picking for Colts in Vikings forum Mock Draft that started last night, and we had 2 rounds completed.

I picked TE Brock Bowers in round 1 and S Kamren Kinchens in round 2, didn't get to trade up or down, so I'm probably gonna let the board fall and pick the best player available.

5 QBs were taken in 1st round, there was a run on OTs and top 3 WRs, and 2 Edge rushers. 0 CBs and 0 DTs were taken when I was on clock, so all of them were available. Edge Latu was also available among others. I went with Bowers as that'd be rare opportunity to get an  explosive, potential elite weapon on offense.

By Colts pick in round 2, there was a huge run on CBs, OTs and OG/Cs, and S Nubin was also taken. All of the other top WRs were also taken, and I was eyeing on Ladd McConkey who just went a pick prior to Colts, otherwise I'd have taken him, even if that meant going offensive playmakers back to back.

I didn't like many of the other receivers or DL players available, as I had lost grade for them for #46, Ricky Pearsall and Mike Sainristil were there , other players available were TJ Tampa, two other top LBs who I considered, DT T'Vondre Sweat was also available... Among Safeties, only Nubin had been taken already at that point, so all other Safeties were there.

I considered between Kinchens and Bullard, both of whom I liked, but eventually thought Kinchens' versatility in playing different positions would suit Colts defense better. 

Let me know what you think I could've done or you'd have done, that'd help me target in upcoming rounds. 

I would have taken Pearsall at 46 myself in your situation. In the 3rd round, maybe someone like Cam Hart or Khyree Jackson at CB could be a good pick. If Jonathan Brooks or Jaylen wright could be good at RB. I also like Junior Colson in the third round if he's available. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

I would have taken Pearsall at 46 myself in your situation. In the 3rd round, maybe someone like Cam Hart or Khyree Jackson at CB could be a good pick. If Jonathan Brooks or Jaylen wright could be good at RB. I also like Junior Colson in the third round if he's available. 

I think Colts' current roster heavily moved me towards addressing defense, but didn't like CBs available by round 2, so went for a safety.

I could've gone for LBs as only Edgerrin Cooper had been taken by then. I could've gone for Christian Haynes, í liked OTs Kingsley Suamataia and Patrick Paul but didn't want to draft OT. I've not studied much on Pearsall, so my ignorance played a part in not picking him. 

• Like 1

I think Colts' current roster heavily moved me towards addressing defense, but didn't like CBs available by round 2, so went for a safety.

I could've gone for LBs as only Edgerrin Cooper had been taken by then. I could've gone for Christian Haynes, í liked OTs Kingsley Suamataia and Patrick Paul but didn't want to draft OT. I've not studied much on Pearsall, so my ignorance played a part in not picking him. 

Pearsall played a year at Florida with Anthony Richardson, so there's some familiarity there between the two. Haynes is a favorite of mine, he has versatility at G and T. If he's there in round 3, take him. An EDGE you could go in round 3 is Adisa Issac, he's one of the better day 2 EDGE rushers in the class after Kneeland. 

CB is very deep actually. You should have no problem getting one in round 3 or later.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Pearsall played a year at Florida with Anthony Richardson, so there's some familiarity there between the two. Haynes is a favorite of mine, he has versatility at G and T. If he's there in round 3, take him. An EDGE you could go in round 3 is Adisa Issac, he's one of the better day 2 EDGE rushers in the class after Kneeland. 

CB is very deep actually. You should have no problem getting one in round 3 or later.

Isaac and Kneeland have been taken by now. LBs are definitely an option as only one has been taken so far. Lot of CBs are available, I'd be comfortable picking in round 3, not earlier though. 

Players I'm targeting apart from LBs: 

Zak Zinter

Khyree Jackson

Brandon Dorlus

Masson Smith

Dominick Puni

Leonard Taylor

Few other CBs

So, options are rich going into #82, only 17 picks to go! 

1 minute ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Isaac and Kneeland have been taken by now. LBs are definitely an option as only one has been taken so far. Lot of CBs are available, I'd be comfortable picking in round 3, not earlier though. 

Players in targeting apart from LBs: 

Zak Zinter

Khyree Jackson

Brandon Dorlus

Masson Smith

Dominick Puni

Leonard Taylor

Few other CBs

Zinter will miss most of the year next year. Not sure I'd take him in the 3rd round. Love Jackson. Dorius is good. Smith is ok. Puni I have more of a 4th rounder. Taylor is a luxury pick based on our DL. Sounds like the Vikings forum is smart if these are the main options remaining.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

Zinter will miss most of the year next year. Not sure I'd take him in the 3rd round. Love Jackson. Dorius is good. Smith is ok. Puni I have more of a 4th rounder. Taylor is a luxury pick based on our DL. Sounds like the Vikings forum is smart if these are the main options remaining.

WRs available

Walker, Corley, Burton, Polk, Washington, Rice, McMillan, Baker, Johnny Wilson, Thrash

Some of them could be available in round 4 as well

WRs available

Walker, Corley, Burton, Polk, Washington, Rice, McMillan, Baker, Johnny Wilson, Thrash

Some of them could be available in round 4 as well

Walker has stone hands, I think he will go day 3 for real. Love Corley, he is a 2nd rounder IMO, Polk is solid, Washington is good, Rice has a lot of potential, he's late day 2 pick IMO. The others are day 3 picks IMO. 

57 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Players I'm targeting apart from LBs: 

Zak Zinter

Khyree Jackson

Brandon Dorlus

Masson Smith

Dominick Puni

Leonard Taylor

Few other CBs

Puni or Jackson 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Definitely think Puni will go in round 3, his stock has been rising.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I didn't like many of the other receivers or DL players available, as I had lower grade for them for #46, Ricky Pearsall and Mike Sainristil were there , other players available were TJ Tampa, two other top LBs who I considered, DT T'Vondre Sweat was also available... Among Safeties, only Nubin had been taken already at that point, so all other Safeties were there.

I like the Bowers pick. I'm not sure what I think of Kinchens. He has some decent tape, but his testing was terrible, so maybe not so much upside to him?

I think for the 3rd round I'd look at:

Khyree Jackson

Christian Mahogany

Dominick Puni

Payton Wilson

4th round:

Tanor Bortolini

Cam Hart

Jarrian Jones

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think you went for Kinchens too early. From most of the mocks and Twitter talk I see he’s a round 3-4 guy. If you had to pick a safety in round 2, I would have said go with Dadrion Taylor-Demerson.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 10:38 AM, VikingsFanInChennai said:

You should share the link so that folks can see how people are selecting.

I picked for the Giants and Titans. I had my first round picks lined up -- Nabers for the Giants and Alt for the Titans. Both were taken earlier.

My picks:

Giants:

Jayden Daniels in 1st

Roman Wilson in 2nd

Calen Bullock, S, in 3rd to replace Xavier McKinney (I wanted Blake Fisher to address OL, but he was drafted a pick or two ahead)

Caelen Carson, CB, Wake Forest in 4th

Titans:

Olumuyiwa Fashanu, OT, Penn St in 1st

Troy Franklin, WR, Oregon in 2nd

Austin Booker, EDGE, Kansas in 3rd (moved up from pick 106 to 92 to make that pick)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike06181 said:

Kitchens has a bad ras. No way colts take him. I think he will be a good player and pick is ok. I never see the colts going te in rd 1. Regardless how good bowers is going to be.

Yeah, if the exercise was about what Ballard would do, I'd not be wasting my time in mock draft though :) I think about what Ballard would do, but eventually go with my instincts. 

Link is here for the draft in Vikings forum, clicking the link opens the Google Sheets

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EvVEjd1aqtU7ASvVUJVJZMqzWVCwO5myqhrz4xCoc4w/edit?usp=drivesdk

Lions draft is acceptable. 2 oline is a bit much but ok

Yeah, if the exercise was about what Ballard would do, I'd not be wasting my time in mock draft though :) I think about what Ballard would do, but eventually go with my instincts. 

Understandable.  

Bengals draft:

Bowers TE 10

Kichens S 80

Smith DT 97

Burton WR 115

Lamea IOL 149

Johnson RB 194

Dial CB 214

Harrell EDGE 224 

Jackson WR 237

Chargers draft: