Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

We finish tomorrow 

237 bengals

238 texans

239 saints

240 panthers

241 dolphins

242 titans

243 browns

244 cowboys

245 packers

246 bucs

247 texans

248 bills

249 lions

250 ravens

251 49ers

252 titans

253 chargers

254 rams

255 packers

256 jets

257 jets

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Sorry guys, this week has been hell and nothing but bad news over and over again. I won’t be able to finish the draft…

Thank you for pushing through the draft as long as possible, I hope good things are right around the corner for you.. 

5 hours ago, Mike06181 said:

Not sure we get thru all that tomorrow 

21 picks

I think we can get it done... I had to leave early for some work last night, otherwise would've got further than that. 

I have another mock draft in Vikings forum starting the evening after so I wouldn't be able to spend any time on this after today. 

6 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I think we can get it done... I had to leave early for some work last night, otherwise would've got further than that. 

I have another mock draft in Vikings forum starting the evening after so I wouldn't be able to spend any time on this after today. 

I am game to rock this out tonight. We might have to pickup the pace a bit

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Mike06181 said:

I am game to rock this out tonight. We might have to pickup the pace a bit

We've done this last year, as not everyone has to be present, we can pick the remaining draft selections when time permits today throughout whenever we get time... If you see a team on the clock, you can provide suggestions or be ready to choose the players for your teams today. 

Houston Texans on the clock now 

So, I wanted to do a little write up with my thoughts on the Cardinals' draft, now that they're through all their 11 picks.

4 -- Marvin Harrison Jr., WR

27 -- Jackson Power-Johnson, OC

35 -- Kamari Lassiter, CB

66 -- Michael Hall Jr., 3-tech

71 -- Jonathan Brooks, RB

90 -- Dominick Puni, OG

104 -- Malik Washington, SWR

138 -- Javon Solomon, DE

162 -- Khristian Boyd, 1-/2i-tech

186 -- Michael Barrett, LB

226 -- Caedan Wallace, OG

The Cardinals have a lot of needs all over the team.

• They moved Rondal Moore and Hollywood Brown leaving them with almost nothing at WR.
  • The left side of their Oline and their OC is questionable.
  • They've added Sean Murphy-Bunting at CB, but have nothing besides him.
  • They are moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defensive front and will need talent on the Dline.
  • They had a LB carousel last season and need that locked down.

With Harrison available I felt I couldn't really move off the 4th pick. It would immediately and immensely help their WR room. With the 104th pick I was considering picking Mohamed Kamara, but hoped he'd fall to 138 and took Malik Washington who'd lock down the slot WR spot. With those two picks I feel their passing game should improve a lot if Murray can get in sync with them. Unfortunately Kamara didn't last until 138.

At 27 I originally wanted Kool-Aid, but he got taken just ahead of me, so plan B was JPJ here. He'll lock down the OC spot and bring a mean streak to the run game.

I think Lassiter will be a solid pick to play next to Murphy-Bunting and it should definitely improve their secondary. Wanted Zach Fraizer here if I'd gotten Kool-Aid.

James Connor is a solid RB for the Cardinals, but he hasn't played a full season ever. Brooks will give them a good 1-2 punch running behind JPJ and....

Dominick Puni. OT projecting as a OG. I was hoping I could grab Christian Mahogany at 71, but he got taken RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! Puni was plan B, but still a solid pick up I feel.

Javon Solomon was the consolation prize when Kamara got taken. Still happy with the pick even if Solomon probably won't turn around their Dline this season.

Khristian Boyd has snaps at 3T and NT. I wanted him to play 1T/2iT and essentially let him play the same role Stewart has for us.

With the Cardinals last two picks I wanted to go LB with both, but only managed to get Barrett. I'm happy with Caedan Wallace though. He (or Puni) may have a shot at playing LT - Murray's strong side with him being left handed and all.

Overall I'm decently happy with it. If I could do it over I'd probably go OT or 3T at 27 (Amarius Mims or Byron Murphy), then Zach Fraizer at 35 and a CB at 71.

Dallas draft recap

24 troy fautanu ot washington

56 trey benson rb Florida st

87 sedrick van pran c georgia

174 tyron hopper lb Missouri 

216 jordan jefferson dt lsu

233 bud means wr pitt

244 deantre prince cb Mississippi 

the cowboys allowed alot of vets to leave and had a major need at oline and rb and took care of both needs interior and exterior oline with immediate starters in fautanu for left tackle and van pran at center. They also took the first rb off the board with the big and punishing trey benson in rd 2. The rest of the draft was filled with depth for each level of the defense and a wr in bud means to groom.

• Like 1

The detroit lions draft recap

the lions decided to trade back out of round 1. Holmes is the villain and the draft is in Detroit. Fans were not happy to not have a day one pick after waiting all night.

40 zack fraiser c West Virginia 

61 kris jenkins dt michigan

73 max melton cb rutgers

100 brendon rice wr usc

164 jaylin simpson cb auburn

201 will reichard k alabama

205 mj davonshire cb pitt

249 qwantez stiggers cb Toronto 

the lions missed out on the super bowl because of their cbs. They go for a full rebuild here with 4 drafted and trading with the bucs for another. Melton, simpson, davonshire and stiggers are all dogs and competitive cbs. Zack frasier is a future center and leader on the line. Their current center has a bad toe that will shorten his career. Jenkins is a 2nd generation dt, he will backup and supply depth at both interior defensive line spots.  Brendon rice is jerry rice son and is a solid 4th wr who runs great routes and has great hands too. The lions needed a kicker and take the best one in this draft in reichard the Alabama kicker.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike06181 said:

The detroit lions draft recap

the lions decided to trade back out of round 1. Holmes is the villain and the draft is in Detroit. Fans were not happy to not have a day one pick after waiting all night.

40 zack fraiser c West Virginia 

61 kris jenkins dt michigan

73 max melton cb rutgers

100 brendon rice wr usc

164 jaylin simpson cb auburn

201 will reichard k alabama

205 mj davonshire cb pitt

249 qwantez stiggers cb Toronto 

the lions missed out on the super bowl because of their cbs. They go for a full rebuild here with 4 drafted and trading with the bucs for another. Melton, simpson, davonshire and stiggers are all dogs and competitive cbs. Zack frasier is a future center and leader on the line. Their current center has a bad toe that will shorten his career. Jenkins is a 2nd generation dt, he will backup and supply depth at both interior defensive line spots.  Brendon rice is jerry rice son and is a solid 4th wr who runs great routes and has great hands too. The lions needed a kicker and take the best one in this draft in reichard the Alabama kicker.

That's in total 12 CBs :D

Think Give Up GIF by Boomerang Official