Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookie numbers?

I don’t know why, but for some reason every year this post is always entertaining. What number will each player wear? I personally hope that Mitchell wears 17 my favorite number. I have a blank jersey with 17 on it. I would love to put Mitchell on the back of it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I don’t know why, but for some reason every year this post is always entertaining. What number will each player wear? I personally hope that Mitchell wears 17 my favorite number. I have a blank jersey with 17 on it. I would love to put Mitchell on the back of it.

Oh the notion is absolutely absurd, but that's the offseason for you. 

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

Yeah, well some people wanted Anthony Richardson to take 34.  Would have saved them a few bucks.    

• Like 3

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I would love to see Latu wear 83 Ted Hendricks old number but Mallory has that.  He physically reminds me of Hendricks.  An ER wearing 15?  Doesn’t look right.  Lol

Well an ER wearing 83 wouldn't look right either :P lol.  I'm with you though, I still haven't adjusted to the new rules.  

In soccer no. 9 is traditionally reserved for the striker - the scorer... and some of my favorite players have worn that number. I wouldn't mind Mitchell taking the 9 and turning into our scorer... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jason_ said:

I hope so.  That's the number I gave him in Madden

I had a disturbing thought.  Was Moncrief #10?  Maybe Mitchell reminds me of Moncrief, and that’s why I want him to have #10!?

10 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

not for 87 and it would be cool if reggie asked him to.  i don't want anyone in 88 again.  

I didn’t want anyone wearing 88 after John Mackey wore it, but we can’t retire them all….

• Like 3

12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Sam Havrilak’s Colts #?

10 hours ago, Archer said:

I had a disturbing thought.  Was Moncrief #10?  Maybe Mitchell reminds me of Moncrief, and that’s why I want him to have #10!?

He got Numero Uno (#1) Pat McAfee's number. :) 

17 hours ago, stitches said:

In soccer no. 9 is traditionally reserved for the striker - the scorer... and some of my favorite players have worn that number. I wouldn't mind Mitchell taking the 9 and turning into our scorer... 

I don't know why, but I like 9 for him.

I've been looking out for the new numbers way more often than I'd like and even settled for looking through other teams' new numbers just to scratch the itch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jimmy g said:

I didn’t want anyone wearing 88 after John Mackey wore it, but we can’t retire them all….

That's fair.  I'd probably change my mind if it was another great.

I do like what dallas does with 88 but it is risky.   the player has to be exceptional.

8 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Mackey was the TE for the SI NFL 50-Year Team.  The greatest.

He was one of the old school TE's that helped bring the position to where it is today.  Great player!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Archer said:

Hope not. Montcrief sucked..Ha!!

Had high hopes for Montcrief and he turned into Good Grief Montcrief.. :funny: