Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024 Gavin's Mock Draft - Participants (Any New as well) Invited!

Just now, TomDiggs said:

I'll be good w whatever we decide as a start as long as i know the date and thew rough time of when i need to be online to make a selection. if i wont be around (example if it falls when i have to put my little ones to bed), then just let me know who to message my preferred list of picks in order to. thanks all and excited to have some fun w this again! 

We've all agreed on April 2nd, 7 pm EDT start, and you'd need to message me in advance if you'd like to send in your multiple choices of players in preferred order, if you think you may not be available during your time slot.

Time slot will be 5 minutes for a pick, and we'll have first round on day 1, and see how it goes, and make adjustments if needed. So, everyone can approximately calculate when their picks would be on clock on each day, and try to be available or PM the player choices in advance. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

We've all agreed on April 2nd, 7 pm EDT start, and you'd need to message me in advance if you'd like to send in your multiple choices of players in preferred order, if you think you may not be available during your time slot.

Time slot will be 5 minutes for a pick, and we'll have first round on day 1, and see how it goes, and make adjustments if needed. So, everyone can approximately calculate when their picks would be on clock on each day, and try to be available or PM the player choices in advance. 

I may not be available because I'm having roof repairs and they have to remove the antenna, which will cause me to lose internet for the day. I'll message you my top 5 picks for the Broncos in round 1. 

• Thanks 1

We've got all interested GMs and their requested teams filled in for 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft, please ensure the entries are right.

There are still 10 teams available, so interested GMs can go ahead and choose your second NFL team for the Mock Draft this year, from the list of teams given at the end of this post.

@tweezy32 and @EasyE were very much interested, but their plans changed and couldn't participate as of now, if you get available back again, please let us know.

@OhioColt, as in last year, feel free to visit during draft days, and if you'd like to participate in any of the days, there might be a team you could take on if available. Same for @NFLfan, if you'd have free time, you could jump in as commissioner anytime. 

Yoshinator - Denver Broncos @Yoshinator

Colts Germany - New York Giants @ColtsGermany

Stitches - Chicago Bears @stitches

Defjamz26 - Philadelphia Eagles @Defjamz26

Solid84 - Arizona Cardinals @Solid84

Chad72 - Detroit Lions @chad72

Coltsfanej - Washington Commanders @coltsfanej

Archer - New England Patriots @Archer

SaturdayAllDay - New Orleans Saints @SaturdayAllDay

John Hammonds - Green Bay Packers @John Hammonds

PRnum1 - Buffalo Bills @PRnum1

CR91 - Las Vegas Raiders @CR91

Indyfan4life - Minnesota Vikings @Indyfan4life

Tom Diggs - Atlanta Falcons @TomDiggs

VikingsFanInChennai - Jacksonville Jaguars 

RollerColt - Cincinnati Bengals @RollerColt

csmopar - Seattle Seahawks @csmopar

jvan1973 - Kansas City Chiefs @jvan1973

Hark - New York Jets @Hark

runthepost - Houston Texans @runthepost

Mike06181 - Los Angeles Rams @Mike06181

Teams still available to be taken as second team for GMs 

NFC

49ers 

Cowboys 

Bucs 

Panthers 

AFC

Dolphins    

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Browns 

Ravens 

Steelers 

Chargers

Titans 

@Archer, @TomDiggs, @coltsfanej, @chad72 and @John Hammonds, you've already expressed interest in taking second team, so go ahead and pick any available team of your choice. Anyone else who could spare their time to take another team may go ahead and mention your preferred choice as well.

As soon as all NFL teams are assigned, I'll run the Lucky Draw for choosing Colts GM, and it could be as soon as tomorrow, so let's pick all the remaining teams pretty quick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike06181 said:

I just realized how many picks the rams have. Stafford is going to need nametags at camp.

We'll probably run until 5th round only, unless many GMs want to continue until the end - the interest waned last year after about #160...

And, I guess Rams have got about 4 picks in round 6. This is probably the first in many years that Rams have more than less - less, in the sense very few draft picks. They're drafting and coaching up well on both sides, so this is great year for them. 

12 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Only 4 teams looking for GMs as of now,

NFC: 

Cowboys 

AFC: 

Dolphins    

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Ravens 

Steelers 

I'll take Steelers as my second team, and in case someone comes back and wants to participate or wants a second team later, I can give it to them. 

Remaining teams to be picked:

NFC: 

~~NONE~~

AFC: 

Dolphins    

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Ravens

@chad72, @TomDiggs, @Archer, @coltsfanej, @Mike06181, @John Hammonds

If any of you'd like to have 3rd team to round out the team assignment for this year, please do so - only 2 teams remain, Miami Dolphins (3 picks only in first 5 rounds) and Baltimore Ravens (6  picks in first 5 rounds). 

Let's move on to Drawing of Colts GM today! 

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

NFC: 

~~NONE~~

AFC: 

Dolphins    

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Ravens

If any of you'd like to have 3rd team to round out the team assignment for this year, please do so - only 2 teams remain, Miami Dolphins (3 picks only in first 5 rounds) and Baltimore Ravens (6  picks in first 5 rounds). 

I'll wait until the Colts Lucky Draw before deciding on taking on a 3rd team.  If I win, well....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

NFC: 

~~NONE~~

AFC: 

Dolphins    

Colts (Lucky Draw) 

Ravens

Toss me the ravens  if no one else wants them

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Only Miami Dolphins is in dire need of a GM :number1:

They only have 3 picks (Rounds 1,2 and 5 I believe), so it's a very Lite team for this draft to handle and won't take too much of your time. 

Somebody should claim before it gets sold soon! 

Why don't you take it? You don't need the Colts draw as much as we do. 😉

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Why don't you take it? You don't need the Colts draw as much as we do. 😉

I've already taken 2 teams, if someone doesn't take it today, I'll take it and go for the much awaited Colts Draw!

I'm not part of the Colts Draw as well, like last year when it was run by @csmopar,  only "in-house GMs" are given chance to be Colts GM :td:

Myself, @Mike06181 (Lions fan visiting, he's played as Colts GM in The Den already too this year) aren't part of it, so did @NFLfan when she was GM last year. @RollerColt has reclused himself from the opportunity this year, if he wants to be part of the Draw, I hope he'd change his mind and let me know in next few hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

I've already taken 2 teams, if someone doesn't take it today, I'll take it and go for the much awaited Colts Draw!

I'm not part of the Colts Draw as well, like last year when it was run by @csmopar,  only "in-house GMs" are given chance to be Colts GM :td:

Myself, @Mike06181 (Lions fan visiting, he's played as Colts GM in The Den already too this year) aren't part of it, so did @NFLfan when she was GM last year. @RollerColt has reclused himself from the opportunity this year, if he wants to be part of the Draw, I hope he'd change his mind and let me know in next few hours. 

I’m good. If you’re ready draw away 👍

• Thanks 1

18 GMs are part of the Lucky Draw to be Colts GM.

How it Works:

18 GM Names will be entered in the website, which will pick one name in a Wheel of Fortune.

To be Colts GM for this year Gavin's Mock Draft, the wheel of fortune with same names will be iterated until it picks same GM TWICE!

So, it will not be run only once, but everyone will be given at least a second chance (and more!) to be Colts GM.

The list of names selected in the Wheel of Fortune from the first iteration to the last will be featured here along with the screenshot of the Victorious Selection. 

4 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Colts GM Draw

Colts GM for 2024 Gavin's Mock Draft is

@jvan1973

@ Congratulations! 

Wheel of fortune iterations: 

Archer

Coltsfanej

Chad72

jvan1973

CR91

SaturdayAllDay

csmopar

runthepost

Stitches

jvan1973 

Screenshot_20240329_230635_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240329_230658_Chrome.jpg

Very cool.    I'm sure I will make a lot of people upset.  Lol

3 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

With the lions coming to play in indy this year I already have 5 lions fans who live in indy going to game. I would say if you are at that game come find me in my lions gear but i have a feeling there might be quite a few lions fans coming to that game.

• Like 1