Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Gavin Mock Draft -- Sign up and Discussion

Is there any interest from others about doing a Gavin Mock draft this year?  I know a lot of the long time participants have said they’re taking a break and last year, we had people manning multiple teams. But if the interest is there, I’ll set it up again.

@chad72

@NFLfan

@danlhart87

@w87r

my memory is fading so help me by tagging folks that I’ve forgotten so far

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@J@son @OffensivelyPC @EastStreet @WarGhost21 @stitches @Clem-Dog @CR91 @Jared Cisneros

@Archer @BProland85 @Shive @coltsfanej @luv_pony_express @PuntersArePeopleToo@DiogoSales@SaturdayAllDay

are some of the others that have participated in the past.

I am sure newcomers might like to join too like @TaylorTheStudMuffin @ChuggaBeer etc.

@EastStreet had a good format he implemented last year, would like that again.  

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Is there any interest from others about doing a Gavin Mock draft this year?  I know a lot of the long time participants have said they’re taking a break and last year, we had people manning multiple teams. But if the interest is there, I’ll set it up again.

@chad72

@NFLfan

@danlhart87

@w87r

2022: My memory is fading 

2032:

spongebob squarepants patrick GIF

• NFLfan pinned this topic

Thank you for putting up this thread. This will likely be another fun year.  I will not participate this year but I can assist. I am pinning this for now.

A few weeks ago, @Clem-Dog said he was interested.  

@chad72 You seemed to have captured many of them. @twfish@Defjamz26@MPStack and @Zoltan are also loyal participants.  @Coltsman1788, are you interested in joining again this year?

@VikingsFanInChennai Would you like to pick for the Vikes this year?

@PRnum1, @Lancer1, are you interested?

54 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for putting up this thread. This will likely be another fun year.  I will not participate this year but I can assist. I am pinning this for now.

@chad72 You seemed to have captured many of them.  @MPStack and @Zoltan are also loyal participants.  @Coltsman1788, are you interested in joining again this year?

@nfl fanyes sounds like fun. I would be interested 

4 hours ago, chad72 said:

@J@son @OffensivelyPC @EastStreet @WarGhost21 @stitches @Clem-Dog @CR91 @Jared Cisneros

@Archer @BProland85 @Shive @coltsfanej @luv_pony_express @PuntersArePeopleToo@DiogoSales@SaturdayAllDay

I am sure newcomers might like to join too like @TaylorTheStudMuffin @ChuggaBeer etc.

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

@chad72

@NFLfan

@danlhart87

@w87r

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@chad72 You seemed to have captured many of them.  @MPStack and @Zoltan are also loyal participants.  @Coltsman1788, are you interested in joining again this year?

Depends when, I am in the middle of busy season and will be out at clients in April at a few points so a bit harder to keep track

And @VikingsFanInChennai is that an Indian fan there?

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Thanks for thinking of me.  Fun time!

But I’m not going to be able to do it this year.

@Colt.45 , @Solid84, @Hawkeyecolt, @Dobbinblitz, @Fisticuffs111, @Four2itus, @AwesomeAustin, @IrsaysArmy, @Captain_Colts1317, @AustinnKaine, @smittywerb@DEFENSE, @Art_Vandelay, @AustexColt, @Mitch Connors, @Patrick Miller, @Fluke_33, @tvturner@buffalo34 for the Bills, @JimJaime for the Patriots, @jaxjag for the Jaguars, 

Are you interested in participating in the Gavin Mock Draft? We do it every year.

Edit: You only need to reply if you are interested. Thank you.

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@Colt .45, @Solid84, @Hawkeyecolt, @Dobbinblitz, @Fisticuffs111, @Four2itus, @AwesomeAustin, @IrsaysArmy, @Captain_Colts1317, @AustinnKaine, @smittywerb@DEFENSE, @Art_Vandelay, @AustexColt, @Mitch Connors, @Patrick Miller, @Fluke_33, @tvturner@buffalo34 for the Bills, @JimJaime for the Patriots, @jaxjag for the Jaguars, 

Are you interested in participating in the Gavin Mock Draft? We do it every year.

I’m sorry, I would rather not participate unless absolutely necessary. I don’t follow college football closely and will

be on vacation the 2nd half of March. 

2 hours ago, AwesomeAustin said:

I’m sorry, I would rather not participate unless absolutely necessary. I don’t follow college football closely and will

be on vacation the 2nd half of March. 

Why would it be "necessary"? And you don't have to apologize. 

I'm more than likely in, but we're still about 2 months away. But great to get this out there create interests. 

14 hours ago, Solid84 said:

No thanks. I don’t really follow college football. 

You really don't have to know a ton about college FB. 

We will post things like NFL team needs (for all teams), big boards and similar showing the best prospects in the draft, as well as some of the better known mocks.

In short, all you need to do is pick a team, and spend a little time reading some of links posted to understand their positional needs. 

5 hours ago, IrsaysArmy said:

Rules and regulations?

Hey IA, it's on the first page here. Should be very similar to last year, but perhaps a few tweaks from lessons learned.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@csmopar @chad72 @EastStreet

I thought it worked very well last year. Each participant was given an assigned time and if they missed their pick after the allotted time, the team was awarded BPA.

I was present for the entire time and updated the Draft Board and the Big Board right after a pick was made. I thought it worked smoothly. 

Yup. Easy squeazy with the parameters we set last year. I'd have to go back and look at last year's threads, but I don't think many tweaks are needed. 

23 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe. He would not be the only fan from India. Have you visited there?

BTW, I believe this will take place before April.  

No he would not, @chad72 is from there (but has lived in US longer than I)

And I have, visited family, since half of my family lived there as I am mixed Indian and White.

And if it is before April I am likely in, if it is April I can the first 3 weeks

41 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And I have, visited family, since half of my family lived there as I am mixed Indian and White.

That's great. I did not know that. Thanks for sharing. Yes, @VikingsFanInChennai lives in Chennai. You and he would get along. 

I think you're in, as I do not see the Mock Draft going until the last week of April. 

On 2/17/2022 at 6:04 AM, Solid84 said:

No thanks. I don’t really follow college football. 

That's ok, you don't need to follow college football.

But if you haven't taken an interest in the draft.....   What have you been doing with your life???

Jokes aside, most of us draftniks use many of the same resource sites for player rankings, player commentary, and stuff like that.  Makes it easy to follow the trail of who has been picked, who hasn't, what your team needs, and when they're picking next.

https://www.drafttek.com/2022-NFL-Draft-Big-Board/Top-NFL-Draft-Prospects-2022-Page-1.asp

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/big_board

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/ALL/1/2022

I didn't link to WalterFootball because I can't stand the firehose of ads on their site.

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Needless to say, I am in. :thmup:

@csmopar @EastStreet - let us know once you gathered enough interest from 32 posters, when the team sign ups begin. We can always do a randomization for being the GM for the Colts draft picks.  :) 

Cool, if @EastStreetfeels up to running the show again, I’m all for it. My spring just got a lot busier work wise that I wasn’t expecting (watch the news and you’ll see why, all I can say)

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Needless to say, I am in. :thmup:

@csmopar @EastStreet - let us know once you gathered enough interest from 32 posters, when the team sign ups begin. We can always do a randomization for being the GM for the Colts draft picks.  :) 

Given the lack of a 1st, picking for the Colts might be a little less in demand this year. Jets, Giants, Philly, Jags, and Detroit will likely be popular. Dolphins for a change, don't have a ton of capital. Colts are 30th ranked in draft capital. 

https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/power_rankings

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Cool, if @EastStreetfeels up to running the show again, I’m all for it. My spring just got a lot busier work wise that I wasn’t expecting (watch the news and you’ll see why, all I can say)

I'm likely in, but been pretty busy lately. Still a few months away, so can't commit yet, but I do intend to join in. 

Archived