Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2022 Gavin Mock Draft -- Sign up and Discussion

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai I got one from Drafttek. It took some time to remove the table formatting but I was able to do it. The Big Boards are so different.

I created another thread with the Big Board and the draft order that you posted.  I will add your Big Board as an alternative. 

( @John Hammonds  What do you think of the rankings on the Big Board above? )

I have no problem with it.  It's not about which one is "right" but rather which one is most easily translated into this format.  If it works better, it works better.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I have no problem with it.  It's not about which one is "right" but rather which one is most easily translated into this format.  If it works better, it works better.

I was able to translate the Drafttek one earlier in the day. I can share some of it now but I have it in another thread that I will open later.

I thought about having the Big Board on the same thread as the actual mock draft. Then folks will not go from thread to thread -- they can just look on the first page to find the list of prospects as well as the list of who is assigned to what team. Let's see how that works out for the first round. If that works, I will keep all the rounds on one thread. It seems like it will be easier for me to manage by myself. 

Here are the first 30 prospects that Drafttek has ranked:

1         Aidan Hutchinson                 Michigan                           EDGE      6'6"       260     SR

2         Evan Neal                              Alabama                            OT          6'7"       360     JR

3         Ikem Ekwonu                        North Carolina State          OT          6'4"       325     JR

4         Travon Walker                      Georgia                              EDGE      6'5"       272     JR

5         Kyle Hamilton                       Notre Dame                       S              6'4"       210     JR

6         Malik Willis                            Liberty                                QB          6'1"       215     RSR

7         Ahmad Gardner                    Cincinnati                          CB           6'2"       190     JR

8         Garrett Wilson                      Ohio State                         WR         6'0"       203     JR

9         Jordan Davis                          Georgia                              DL1T      6'6"       341     SR

10       Derek Stingley Jr.                 LSU                                     CB           6'1"       200     JR

11       Jermaine Johnson II            Florida State                     EDGE      6'4"       254     RSR

12       Chris Olave                            Ohio State                         WR         6'1"       188     SR

13       Kayvon Thibodeaux             Oregon                              EDGE      6'4"       254     JR

14       Charles Cross                        Mississippi State             OT          6'5"       300     RSO

15       Matt Corral                           Ole Miss                            QB          6'1"       205     RJR

16       George Karlaftis                   Purdue                               EDGE      6'4"       266     JR

17       Treylon Burks                        Arkansas                            WR         6'3"       232     JR

18       Drake London                       USC                                     WR         6'4"       210     JR

19       Kenny Pickett                        Pittsburgh                          QB          6'2"       220     SR

20       Tyler Linderbaum                 Iowa                                   OC          6'2"       289     RJR

21       Jameson Williams                Alabama                            WR         6'2"       188     JR

22       Trevor Penning                     Northern Iowa                 OT          6'7"       321     RSR

23       Trent McDuffie                     Washington                      CB           5'11"     190     JR

24       Devin Lloyd                           Utah                                   ILB          6'3"       232     RSR

25       Andrew Booth Jr.                 Clemson                            CB           6'0"       195     JR

26       Devonte Wyatt                     Georgia                              DL3T      6'3"       304     SR

27       Sam Howell                           North Carolina                 QB          6'1"       230     JR

28       Daxton Hill                             Michigan                           S              6'0"       195     JR

29       Roger McCreary                   Auburn                               CB           6'0"       193     SR

30       Arnold Ebiketie                     Penn State                        EDGE      6'3"       240     RSR

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I was able to translate the Drafttek one earlier in the day. I can share some of it now but I have it in another thread that I will open later.

I thought about having the Big Board on the same thread as the actual mock draft. Then folks will not go from thread to thread -- they can just look on the first page to find the list of prospects as well as the list of who is assigned to what team. Let's see how that works out for the first round. If that works, I will keep all the rounds on one thread. It seems like it will be easier for me to manage by myself. 

Doesn't matter which one we use, as long as we use the same one over and over, to reduce confusion.

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Doesn't matter which one we use, as long as we use the same one over and over, to reduce confusion.

Okay, refresh and see my last comment that I added to.

I already created the thread with the Drafttek one. I did it early yesterday (it is hidden).

If most people will be using their mobile phones to access the thread, I might use the one that @VikingsFanInChennai put up. On my mobile, that one looks cleaner. I will work on it later.

• NFLfan changed the title to 2022 Gavin Mock Draft -- Sign up and Discussion
1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

Just a question. Are we picking the guy we think will be picked, or the guy we would pick? I think I know who the Jags might pick #1, but I'm inclined to pick another guy, who I see as a BPA at a position of greater need.

It is up to you, but it should be who you think they should pick. Who do you think is the best player for them, regardless of who is believed to be the guy.

1 hour ago, Kangaroo said:

Just a question. Are we picking the guy we think will be picked, or the guy we would pick? I think I know who the Jags might pick #1, but I'm inclined to pick another guy, who I see as a BPA at a position of greater need.

You are the GM

You can pick Punter for Jags if you wanted 

9 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

Didn't they pick a punter in rd 3 a couple of years ago?

I think that there will be no trading up for #1 this year--it's not as if there's really a super standout QB that teams are desperate for

Yeah, I heard this year is not great for QBs.

Did you see the thread with the Mock Draft? Let me know if everything makes sense. 

On 4/16/2022 at 10:42 AM, NFLfan said:

I asked him and DefJamz in a thread but neither replied. CR91 is not interested this year. I thought maybe @shasta01 (or is it @shasta519) may be interested in playing. I am not sure if he was alerted. @PureLuck used to play but I have not seen him on the forum in a while.  There are many people that I have not seen. Do you ever see Coltsfan_12? He was almost as big here as Gavin was.

I will snag a team. Doesn't matter which onel

1 hour ago, shasta519 said:

I will snag a team. Doesn't matter which onel

Fantastic! We still have the Bears, Cardinals, Bucs and 49ers who need GMs. The Bears and 49ers do not have first round picks. The Cardinals and the Bucs will make First Round draft picks tomorrow.  Would you like one of them? You can choose your preference.

Thank you. 

To give a hint at my pick for the Steelers, it is almost to perfect to not choose a player that's already broken records in Pittsburgh.

Also just want to say thanks to @NFLfan for setting all this up, I know it's a lot of work to get it organized and keeping it moving

41 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

To give a hint at my pick for the Steelers, it is almost to perfect to not choose a player that's already broken records in Pittsburgh.

Also just want to say thanks to @NFLfan for setting all this up, I know it's a lot of work to get it organized and keeping it moving

I think it's a little too early to pick CB Damarri Mathis from Pittsburgh in the middle of the first round. But what do I know? :beg:

On 2/16/2022 at 1:43 PM, Coltsfan15653 said:

I would love to I watched for years as a guest and finally signed up to post and have always wanted to do this 

I was looking back and noticed that you expressed interest in participating in this Mock draft. We are in the 3rd round now. Are you still interested? I believe I asked you before but never heard back. 

• NFLfan unpinned this topic

Archived