Rams

Ravens 

Saints -- SaturdayAllDay

Seahawks 

Steelers

Texans -- John Hammonds

Titans

Vikings -- VikingsFanInChennai

I’m starting to get the feeling people en masse  aren’t interested this year. 

9 minutes ago, csmopar said:

A lot of people aren't as interested because the Colts don't have a 1st rounder this year. It's also not like 2020 where there's excitement in the air because we traded our 1st rounder for Buckner and had two 2nd rounders. Our 1st rounder this year has no more value besides a year of Wentz from last year, and we only have one 2nd round pick as opposed to two from 2020. Add to the fact that FA has been especially slow this year for us, and more people are nervous rather than excited for the draft (including myself) and just hoping we are able to fill our most basic needs at each position rather than hit on a bunch of solid players like previous years.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

A lot of people aren't as interested because the Colts don't have a 1st rounder this year. It's also not like 2020 where there's excitement in the air because we traded our 1st rounder for Buckner and had two 2nd rounders. Our 1st rounder this year has no more value besides a year of Wentz from last year, and we only have one 2nd round pick as opposed to two from 2020. Add to the fact that FA has been especially slow this year for us, and more people are nervous rather than excited for the draft (including myself) and just hoping we are able to fill our most basic needs at each position rather than hit on a bunch of solid players like previous years.

I don’t disagree. I’m just wondering out loud if there’s even enough interest to go ahead with this forum mock? I mean is it going to be as fun if 10 to 12 people have 2-4 teams a piece? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, csmopar said:

We have about 12 participants now. @Archer@John Hammonds@VikingsFanInChennai expressed interest in selecting for 2 or more teams. I have no problem with that. A smaller group of participants may make it easier to manage.

Maybe others like @RNGDShobby and @stitches may be interested in more than one. I think @Zoltan may still be interested.

Not having @chad72 and @CR91 participating lowered the number of participants. @EastStreet suggested posting a thread about it in the Colts Section, but I have not had the time. 

Did you still want to be one of the commissioners?

34 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

We have about 12 participants now. @Archer@John Hammonds@VikingsFanInChennai expressed interest in selecting for 2 or more teams. I have no problem with that. A smaller group of participants may make it easier to manage.

Maybe others like @RNGDShobby and @stitches may be interested in more than one. I think @Zoltan may still be interested.

Not having @chad72 and @CR91 participating lowered the number of participants. @EastStreet suggested posting a thread about it in the Colts Section, but I have not had the time. 

Did you still want to be one of the commissioners?

I can help sure

On 2/16/2022 at 9:38 PM, Four2itus said:

I'll partner with someone. I run my own business and can't commit to a deadline. 

You should partner with someone you know here.

It will take place in the evenings -- Indianapolis time.

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

That's why I chose the Texans this year.  I consider it a challenge.  They're starting up from nothing.  Rock bottom.  They've got a lot of draft picks.  But a draft that is a bit upside down in which positions the talent lies.  If you're the Texans GM, what do you do?  How creative do you get?

• Like 1

I'll take the Eagles if they're avail. I can help round it out drafting for other teams if needed.

Edit: not sure I follow how this works. What's "will take place in the evenings" mean? I figured you would start it soon and give each team X hrs to draft and if they don't, the mod or whoever will pick for them. It's not going to be all at once is it? Also how many rounds? We don't have long before the real draft so I wouldn't suggest more than two.

1 minute ago, jonjon said:

I'll take the Eagles if they're avail. I can help round it out drafting for other teams if needed.

Someone claimed the Eagles earlier. That was the last team claimed. Scroll to the top and you will see which teams are still available. 

16 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Edit: not sure I follow how this works. What's "will take place in the evenings" mean? I figured you would start it soon and give each team X hrs to draft and if they don't, the mod or whoever will pick for them. It's not going to be all at once is it? Also how many rounds? We don't have long before the real draft so I wouldn't suggest more than two.

Last year it worked very well. We started at about 7PM and ended at 10PM each evening for about 2 weeks. Each person had assigned times to come and make their picks. Many of those participating this year also played last year. 

In the years before last year, we gave each person several hours to make their picks and many times they missed their time to make their selections. Many participants were left frustrated. Last year, we did it the way the NFL does. Give each team/GM about 15 minutes to pick. Then move on to the next pick. If someone misses a pick, we will select BPA based on the Big Board. I am looking to start next Monday. I anticipate doing 3 to 4 rounds, as we do not have much time.

Let me look to find last year's rules. I will post. 

Below you will find the thread showing last year's rules. I will create a thread similar to that one with the rules and the times when everyone will make their selections. Since I may be the lone person handling this, I will give 10 minutes between picks to give myself time to update the draft board and the Big Board. I am not sure if we can do trades this year unless we can get another person to be a co-commissioner who will handle the trades. Let me know what you think.

I will put up everything this weekend. 

We have only 14 participants at this time. 

If any of you would like to claim other teams, you may do so.

Bears

Bengals  -- @stitches

Bills

Broncos -- @Jared Cisneros

Browns

Buccaneers 

Cardinals 

Chargers -- @PRnum1

Chiefs -- @Colt .45

Colts -- @danlhart87

Commanders

Cowboys

Dolphins -- @Archer

Eagles -- @runthepost

Falcons -- @PureLuck

49ers

Giants -- @Clem-Dog

Jaguars -- @Kangaroo

Jets -- @coltsfanej

Lions -- @RNGDShobby

Packers -- @stitches

Panthers -- @csmopar

Patriot -- @Archer

Raiders -- @LV-FrontRow

Rams -- @John Hammonds

Ravens 

Saints -- @SaturdayAllDay

Seahawks -- @VikingsFanInChennai

Steelers -- @Zoltan

Texans -- @John Hammonds

Titans -- @danlhart87

Vikings -- @VikingsFanInChennai

@JediXMan Are you interested in participating this year?

Sorry for my lack of activity, I’m coming up on my college graduation and haven’t been on the site in a while. However, I am still interested in participating. You can sign me up for any team at random depending on who wants what!

Just now, WarGhost21 said:

Sorry for my lack of activity, I’m coming up on my college graduation and haven’t been on the site in a while. However, I am still interested in participating. You can sign me up for any team at random depending on who wants what!

You can select a team. We still have about 15 teams without GMs.

Congratulations on your graduation.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Kangaroo said:

I'll take the Jaguars

Great! What time is it now where you are? You will have to make your pick at 7pm Indianapolis time (Eastern Time) on Monday. If you won't be available, you can send me a message with your selection and I will post it. 

8 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

Maybe someone will make you an offer to trade up? 

true--if anyone wants to make an offer of picks I would consider it, but if not, Hutchison will be the pick

Here is the first round. Teams in red are available to be claimed:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars 

2. Detroit Lions

3. Houston Texans

4. New York Jets

5. New York Giants

6. Carolina Panthers

7. New York Giants (via CHI)

8. Atlanta Falcons

9. Seattle Seahawks (via DEN)

10. New York Jets (via SEA)

11. Washington Commanders

12. Minnesota Vikings

13. Houston Texans (via CLE)

14. Baltimore Ravens

15. Philadelphia Eagles (via MIA)

16. New Orleans Saints (via IND)

17. Los Angeles Chargers

18. Philadelphia Eagles (via NO)

19. New Orleans Saints (via PHI)

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

21. New England Patriots

22. Green Bay Packers (via LV)

23. Arizona Cardinals

24. Dallas Cowboys

25. Buffalo Bills

26. Tennessee Titans

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

28. Green Bay Packers

29. Kansas City Chiefs (via SF)

30. Kansas City Chiefs

31. Cincinnati Bengals

32. Detroit Lions (via LAR)

3 hours ago, Archer said:

I'll take the Dolphins as my 2nd team.  I can take a third if need be...

Thank you. Let's see what happens. I need someone to take the Panthers, as they select early (6th).

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. Let's see what happens. I need someone to take the Panthers, as they select early (6th).

So change of plans (got to love Uncle Sam)

toss me the Panthers, I can do a team, just not Commish. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So change of plans (got to love Uncle Sam)

toss me the Panthers, I can do a team, just not Commish. 

Great.  You will not be selecting too late next Monday. Your Panthers pick will be due by 8:30PM on Monday.

I will spend part of this evening and some of tomorrow creating the threads. I will try to pull it off alone. I work from home on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, which helps. I will have to leave my office early next Tuesday and Thursday. 

BTW, do you know any of the Falcons fans who are posting here? I am going to ask a few if one is interested in selecting players for the Falcons.  I asked a Raiders fan but I have not heard back. 

Are there any Bears fans here? 

• Thanks 1

• NFLfan changed the title to 2022 Gavin Mock Draft -- Sign up and Discussion
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic