Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NFLfan

Remembering Gavin

On January 24, 2017, the Colts Forum lost a treasured member of its family, @Gavin

Brandon Lee Marshall, known as Gavin to us, was a long-time member (Senior Member and Hall of Famer).  A diehard Colts, Cubs, and Pacers fan, he was active on the forum nearly every day, sharing his thoughts and insights. He had over 25,000 posts and more than 7000 likes. He made us laugh. We learned so much from him; his contributions will be missed.

We are not aware of the cause of death, but regardless of the cause, he was taken from us too soon and we'll miss him.

So glad Gavin (Brandon) got to see the Cubs win the World Series. And he shared his joy with us. Now he can celebrate with Harry Caray and all other Cubs greats.

On 11/3/2016 at 0:52 AM, Gavin said:

Hey Harry!!!

On 11/3/2016 at 0:53 AM, Gavin said:

Its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Man I'd say something but I just don't know what to say after a draining series like that and an extra inning in a game 7. Wow I've been waiting on that moment for 21 years."

RIP Gavin.  We miss you.

Please use this space to share your remembrances of our brother Gavin. 

Visitation and Funeral services:

Tuesday, 1/31/17 at 

Wilson St. Pierre Funeral Service & Crematory -- Lahm Chapel 

211 East State Street, Pendleton, IN

Visitation: 12 to 2pm

Funeral service: 2pm

Donations can be made to:

Spin Bifida Association of Indiana 

https://www.sbain.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donate.general

Additional information can be found here:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/brandon-marshall-obituary?pid=1000000183728942

Many thanks to \m/colts\m/ and Nadine for their assistance with writing this.

My deepest sympathy to Brandon's family.  He was smart, opinionated, passionate, funny, and kind.  

The forum will miss him terribly.  He was an important part of this band of very talkative Colts fans, our Colts family.

RIP Gavin, we wish you were still here. 

Definitely one of the more knowledgeable posters on here...

I do not follow college ball very much, so one of my favorite aspects that Gavin brought to the board was all of his great insights into potential players during draft time... 

This place will not be the same...

Gavin.....

I'm going to miss all of your contributions to this forum....You were a very knowledgeable(somewhat opinionated like me, lol) poster and I learned a lot from you. Enjoyed celebrating the Cubs World Series win with you in the Misc. topics thread. A straight shooter with no problem putting someone in their place, this forum is going to miss you.

RIP Gavin.

Wow I am speechless, I really do not know what to say. He was one of the best members here IMO and I always enjoyed his posts for so many years. Colts football was a true passion of his and analyzing the game and the X's and O's part.

I know he had some health issues though I believe. He had spoken off and on in OT sections about health things and scares a while back that sounds at times to me pretty scary. But, I never knew the details.

Going to miss him terribly. And going to his profile just now was very sad.

He was far too young, he was a year younger then I am.

RIP Gavin and we know your spirit is around here somewhere.

Followed this board for 3 and a half years befor signing up earlier this month. Gavin was always well represented on here and loved to interact with people. Gonna miss him

RIP Gavin.

The last thing I knew, he had spina bifida. He will be sorely missed. My heart just sunk hearing this :( and I pray for his family.

WHAT!? My prayers and condolences to Gavin and his family. He will be missed by many!

RIP brother. We may have not interacted much, but we have one thing in common: We are passionate Colts fans. 

Prayers and condoloences to you and your family.

RIP Gavin.  Heartfelt sympathies go out to his family and friends.

I always enjoyed reading his opinions on here.  He was very knowledgeable, and he will be missed.

RIP Gavin

A huge loss - not only to his family,  i am sure, but to this board.  I always looked forward to reading his posts, especially around the draft.

My prayers to you and your family, man.  Your love of the team and your memory lives on here...Peace.

Awful to hear this.  Gavin contributed a lot to threads that aren't as active, like the college ball or the Pacers thread, so you could always count on him to contribute to discussions.  I'm glad he got to see his Cubs win the World Series.  Rest easy, bud

dwight-freeney-1-420x260.jpg

Jesus Christ. I was just on his thread literally 5 minutes ago about loneliness and was going to offer a lending ear if he ever wanted to talk about stuff(He was pretty opinionated like me)... My God i'm truly shocked; I can't believe this, man. Weird that i'd be so emotionally affected by the loss of a guy on a forum I go on. 

Rest in peace, Brandon. You were always a guy I liked seeing post on here and often were my favorite poster. Seriously saddened to hear this but I know you're doing well in Heaven now

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Brandon Lee Marshall, known as Gavin to us,

I read that line & it stopped me dead in my tracks...Wait, our Gavin? I never met the man personally, but I felt like I knew him.

Like Chad72 said, "I knew, he had spina bifida." That's why I developed a bond with him or felt a tie with him. I was born with Cerebral Palsy myself & my childhood neighbor Kerry had a son born with spina bifida so I could relate to Gavin on the grounds of learning different ways to become self sufficient & find new to do ordinary tasks in life that most people take for granted & don't struggle with on a daily basis. 

Gavin knew his football, loved the Colts, & he never made anybody feel stupid if they weren't exactly a draft wizard. I liked that you could carry on a conversation with him about football on any level. Gavin didn't care if you didn't know formations or what the A gap or b gap even was. He was always kind, respectful, & informative. 

Man, it saddens me when I lose 1 of our own from the disabled community. This really hurts. I admired your positive persona, was pleased to see your CUBs win it all again & after a long drought, & there will always be a visible void on the forum now that will never be filled here again. Peace be with you Gavin. 

Thank you NFLfan for taking the time to post this melancholy news as well. We all need to give Gavin his props & well deserved accolades. 

Unbelievable!!!   I was just wondering about G.   RIP Brother

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Jesus Christ. I was just on his thread literally 5 minutes ago about loneliness and was going to offer a lending ear if he ever wanted to talk about stuff

This is the truth right here.  Mental health is a serious issue and people feeling lonely or depressed isn't something to scoff at.  If anyone ever needs someone to listen, fire me a PM!

I'm saddened by this news.  My prayers go out to his family and loved ones. It won't be the same around here without him.  

Yikes. That's so shocking. I had no idea he was suffering with health issues. Truly sad news. The few times I interacted with Gavin I learned that he was an honest and knowledgable dude. He knows his stuff. Prayers for his family. This forum lost a damn good one. 

Absolutely horrible news, can't believe it. Loved talking to Gavin about the draft the 3 years I've been on here. Got in some debates, like Mack Vs Clowney, Collins Vs Brown, and others which he could give incredible insight no matter who he favored. Extremely knowledgeable and easy to talk too, don't think he had an enemy on this forum and will be dearly missed. Sad day for this forum. R.I.P Gavin and Godspeed.