Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remembering Gavin

NFLfan

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Thank you also Nadine & NFLfan for including his obituary & picture so that we could also put a face with a name as well. I like to see what my friends, my brothers from another mother, actually look like. But, I also understand the trepidation in doing so these days too with privacy needs & ID theft & manipulation as well since images can be used without a person's knowledge or even consent online once in awhile. 

I also appreciate what Jared & 21stisSuperman said about lending folding their ear if anyone on here is feel depressed or out of sorts as well. Nice sincere gesture on your part gentlemen. 

I don't remember saying that, but I'll always chat or listen if anyone wants to talk. This forum is the best on the internet IMO. A lot of us have been on here so long and chat and have a passion for the Colts that we are like a distant family. If anyone wants to chat, I'm always up for it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I don't remember saying that, but I'll always chat or listen if anyone wants to talk. This forum is the best on the internet IMO. A lot of us have been on here so long and chat and have a passion for the Colts that we are like a distant family. If anyone wants to chat, I'm always up for it. 

" I was just on his thread literally 5 minutes ago about loneliness and was going to offer a lending ear if he ever wanted to talk about stuff." 

These words were from a post on the previous page Jared. Anyway, I was merely complementing you my friend. It's all good. :thmup:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Also, sorry if I ever was a jerk to anyone on here. You guys treat me like a 2nd family and I've never been on any forum that is as close to this one in human quality.

Don't sweat it Jared. I've had my fair share of disagreements on here with fellow regulars too & yes, more than once; I've said words to other posters that in retrospect where foolish & shortsighted on my part. The cool thing is that members on here don't hold grudges, let stuff go after a point, & more or less, hit the refresh button with interactions everyday. 

Yes, absolutely Jared. The moderators & members do a fantastic job of making this place a groovy place to be 24/7. 

Jared, what I like most about you is you say what you mean & mean what you say with no ambiguity or confusion. That's why we keep coming back. Everybody is straightforward & usually side splitting funny when the right mood hits them. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Wow, Gavin looked amazingly young, if it didn't say his age, I would of thought he was in his 20s. Going to miss him a lot. Also, sorry if I ever was a jerk to anyone on here. You guys treat me like a 2nd family and I've never been on any forum that is as close to this one in human quality. Most of them are pretty vicious, this one the people here are genuine. Lets all make an effort to treat each other with respect and kindness from now on. I'm not saying we can't argue or disagree, that's what's great about being on here, we have differing opinions, but you never know when you can be mean to someone and something like this can happen and you'll never be able to take it back. Miss you Gavin and this forum will as well.

Out of likes....but here you go....

image.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Being aware of privacy issues, I spoke with Brandon's (Gavin's) mother to make sure she and her family approved of this. She gave me permission to post this. I believe she was touched that we thought of doing this. She said if anyone wants to attend services and pay their respects, she would welcome that. 

I would also like to point out that \m/colts\m/ also had a big part in this. Many thanks! 

image.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

NFLFan reached out to Brandon's mom.  We posted this thread with her permission. She and \m/COLTS\m/  became concerned when Gavin wasn't around for several days.

All the Colts are sending flowers to Gavin's Visitation from all of us here on the forums. We wanted his family to know how much he will be missed.

While, I like many of you are truly saddened today, I find this amazing, and feel glad to be a part of this forum, that as many have pointed out has come to be like a 2nd family in a way that is just different than other internet forums...

Also, thank you to @NFLfan, @\m/COLTS\m/, &  @Nadinefor extending that air of concern and care. It is not unnoticed.  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Being aware of privacy issues, I spoke with Brandon's (Gavin's) mother to make sute she and her family approved of this. She gave me permission to post this. I believe she was touched that were thought of doing this. She said if anyone wants to attend services and pay their respects, she would welcome that. 

I would also like to point out that \m/colts\m/ also had a big part in this. Many thanks! 

Just to be clear, I figured that you received permission to post everything you did on Gavin's behalf NFLfan. I just wanted to let you, Nadine, & yes, you're right, m colts m know how compassionate & kind you guys really are for doing all this.

You folks ROCK! It's as simple as that from where I'm sitting. :hat: 

Hopefully, I didn't miss thanking anybody else now. 

• Like 4

I am at a loss for words. I only knew Gavin as words on a screen but those words were always classy & never condescending. I am amazed at how much like a family this place is. I am so proud to be a small part of this wonderful community we have here in cyberspace.

You people here are the salt of the earth. Godspeed Brother Gavin. May you rest in peace & your loved ones know that you touched the lives of some strangers who will never forget you.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I am at a loss for words. I only knew Gavin as words on a screen but those words were always classy & never condescending. I am amazed at how much like a family this place is. I am so proud to be a small part of this wonderful community we have here in cyberspace.

You people here are the salt of the earth. Godspeed Brother Gavin. May you rest in peace & your loved ones know that you touched the lives of some strangers who will never forget you.

I am out of LIKES but I like this a lot. Very well put. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not sure who can fill his shoes

No one PT because everyone is unique and different . That's what makes the forum fun dealing with and conversing with all the different people and opinions. My prayers go out to the family and Gavin you will be missed here. RIP Gavin.

• Like 5

I ran out of likes, but I love everything that has been posted in this thread. I'm not sure that I've ever met someone on an online forum whose opinion I believe was more valued that Gavin's and who valued others' opinions just as much.

I had no clue what he was going through, but it sounds like things weren't easy for him and to interact with everyone the way he did shows how awesome of a guy he was. He will be seriously missed..

If ever there was someone I felt was most deserving to go into the Colts Forum "Ring of Honor", it would be Gavin.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, twfish said:

I was even more shocked at how hard it hit me. @Gavin a guy I have never met in my life nor even actually knew his actual name, the news of it left me in a very somber state and in a state of mourning.

He'd spread more knowledge on this forum in one week then some ever would. I've learned a ton from him and have tons of thanks for him. The past 3 or 4 years I've been apart of the forum a sort of relationship has been established and you don't really actually realize it until something like this happens.

Me too! I don't post too often, but I'm on these forums every day and it's crazy how much the people on this forum feel like real life friends/acquaintances.

• Like 5

Man, I don't know where to begin. Gavin was always very kind to me on here. Cannot remeber any disagreements between us. He was on a short list of members whose posts I always took the time to read.  always a fantastic source of info, especially around draft time. Even though you cannot see this post, know that you made me laugh and you were respected and loved by the family on here. RIP brother.

• Like 9

Wow that sucks. I may not have known him as well as others on here. But my heart goes out to his family. I'v been dealing with deaths in my family for the last 3 years now so I know this really sucks. But everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens without God's approval. So everybody, especially his family can find comfort in knowing he's in good hands now and in a better place. RIP my friend.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

I was actually sitting here wondering if there was an avatar someone could make that we could use to remember him by. Like a #gavinstrong kind of thing. 

I'm sure there is some very talented graphics people on here, unfortunately it's not me. Maybe one will chime in. I also wish we could have gotten some flowers together as a forum and put a heartfelt note on it.

• Like 2