Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the draft

stitches

Since after I posted my bold prediction in our no. 15 pick thread and got tons of replies on it, I decided to post a separate thread where we all unload our unpopular takes/bold predictions/hot takes about the draft tomorrow. So ... here we go... 

Here's mine:

- Chargers take Joe Alt at 5 and this an avalanche of OT picks and trade ups for OTs

- Colts trade back in the 1st and take Xavier Worthy 

- Not sure this fits... but... only 4 QBs go in R1. 

- At least 8 OTs go in R1

Might add other ones as we go... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Since after I posted my bold prediction in our no. 15 pick thread and got tons of replies on it, I decided to post a separate thread where we all unload our unpopular takes/bold predictions/hot takes about the draft tomorrow. So ... here we go... 

Here's mine:

- Chargers take Joe Alt at 5 and this an avalanche of OT picks and trade ups for OTs

I'm hoping your second one comes true. 

Which PA team do we trade with?

The Colts trade up to #8 or #9 for a WR or Bowers.

My heart says Ballard won't do it, but he got a rare clock restart when he drafted AR. He has to win the division or at least make the playoffs or his seat will be hot.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Then pack their bags and high tail it out before the pitchfork mob catches them!

Mayflower Transit moved to St. Louis, so they'll have Mayflower move the team to St. Louis in the middle of the night after the draft.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Jim Irsay tells Chris Ballard to trade up for Marvin Harrison Jr. We get him 4th overall.

I would imagine in that scenario Ballard would once again have a bit of a mulligan if the situation were to go south down the road…

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I would imagine in that scenario Ballard would once again have a bit of a mulligan if the situation were to go south down the road…

I agree with this. As it would be Irsay's idea.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

I agree with this. As it would be Irsay's idea.

Jim isn't going to force a move.  That's why he pays a general manager.   Jim wasn't a very good GM. He is a great owner though 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PRnum1 said:

My prediction for Colts fans after the 15th pick tomorrow 

friends sleep GIF

The only positions I think are out of the question in the first round,  Qb, Rb, K, P, Ol.  I think everything else is on the table

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Jim isn't going to force a move.  That's why he pays a general manager.   Jim wasn't a very good GM. He is a great owner though 

I don’t think so either. He’s learned to be patient, perhaps even to a fault. It is a positive for Chris that he has Irsay to work with and bounce ideas. Jim has a lot more experience with how to run a team properly compared to a lot of other owners. The Chiefs ownership for example is simply lucky that they scored a GM, HC, QB trio of perfection. Yet the dude hawks the Lombardi as if he did all the work. 

Ballard trades with the bears for number 1 overall, then trades back with the Commanders, recouping all his picks for number 1. Commanders take Caleb number 1, we take Marv Jr number 2. 

• Like 3

Just now, masterlock said:

Bold prediction: The Colts 1st round selection will leave Colts fans asking, "Who?" 😉

Every colts selection  will leave colts fans saying  who

26 minutes ago, James said:

Colts dont draft a WR in any round.

Colts don't take cb in any round

3 hours ago, stitches said:

Here's mine:

Chargers trade Herbert to the Vikes for picks 11, 23, and 2025 1st and 3rd round picks.   LAC selects JJ McCarthy at 5, and then adds OT and WR at 11 and 23.

• Like 3

•  I think it is Worthy. Steichen, Cooter, and Wayne all traveled to the Texas Pro Day. Steichen was said to have had a long conversation with Sarkisian -so some real interest there.
  • 5 Qb's round 1 with only Nix sliding out of the first round.
  • Colts go OLB round 2
  • Byron Murphy is the first defensive player drafted.
  • 2 guards go in first round Poers-Johnson and Fautanu.
  • DL Johnny Newton is drafted in the first round well ahead of where he is projected.
  • Like 2

Colts trade up with Chargers to #5, this years #15 and 2025 #1. Then trade with Vikings the #5 for both Vikings 1st rounders,#11,#23 this year and 2025 3rd. Trade #11 to Bengals for Hendrickson and their #2nd 2025, trade with SF, Aiyuk #23 and their pick #31, and 2025 3rd.

This leaves the Colts with all 2024 picks, except #31 1st round, and Hendrickson and Aiyuk, no 1st in 2025, but 2 #2nds and  3 #3rds to move up in 2025.

Draft 2024, take CB at #31, maybe Wiggins, Lassiter, maybe DeJean. #46 LB Cooper, Wilson, #81 S Kitchens, Bullock, Mustafa, #117 G/C McCormick, Bortolini, #151 RB Allen, Guardano (sp), #191 S Tre Taylor, Oladapo, #234....forget the name but WR Oregon St was 1st team All American returner.

Edited by Lifetime Colt
  • Thanks 1

The Pats trade back from #3, and JJ McCarthy gets drafted ahead of Drake Maye.

Latu is the third or maybe even the fourth Edge/DE to be drafted.

Nate Wiggins is the second corner drafted.

Cooper DeJean goes in the second round.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Superman said:

The Pats trade back from #3, and JJ McCarthy gets drafted ahead of Drake Maye.

Latu is the third or maybe even the fourth Edge/DE to be drafted.

Nate Wiggins is the second corner drafted.

Cooper DeJean goes in the second round.

Those are indeed- Bold predictions.😳

46 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Those are indeed- Bold predictions.😳

It's gonna be a crazy draft. TBH most of the other predictions don't come across as all that bold. Outside of anything that has the Colts trading up. 

• Like 1