Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Shedeur Sanders won’t be a 1st round QB next year

chad72

11 hours ago, chad72 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deion-sanders-snaps-back-critic-son-boldly-predicts-hell-be-top-5-draft-pick.amp

After dissing a former teammate and focusing on all the wrong things, and being enabled by his Dad, I’m sorry, I would not want this kind of leader playing QB for my team.

I hope Colorado football crashes and burns this year.

I'm guessing the Raiders will draft him

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing the Raiders will draft him

Antonio Pierce, their HC, is a good leader of men and he definitely gravitates towards good leaders. Shedeur seems to be the opposite of a good leader, he will have a hard time getting past the fact that he called an ex-teammate a nobody on twitter, and might need his Dad to go bat for him in public conferences. If he is smart, he will focus on playing QB and doing less tweeting. My opinion of Deion and his son have gone down lately after their public shenanigans on twitter. 

Plus, teams may not want the baggage of signing "look at me" Shedeur as a high draft pick, with Deion going to bat for him, no different than teams not wanting unwanted press from signing Kaepernick or Tebow, even when they were somewhat good.

Shedeur will be a first round pick like it or not (unless he falls apart this season but I doubt it), next years QB class is not nearly as strong as this years class and their will be more than 1 team looking for a QB. Frankly this class maybe 1 to 2 QBs look first round worthy right now, Beck will probably get some Buzz because Georgia will have alot of wins but Georgia doesn't ask a lot from there QBs. Of course someone will probably jump the rankings having an amazing season maybe Duke's Leonard.

This is what the current class is looking:

1. Shedeur Sanders Colorado

2. Carson Beck Georgia

3.Quinn Ewers Texas

4. Jalen Milroe Alabama (Who I think isn't a real QB more of a leg threat but bad at throwing)

5. Preston Stone SMU (First I'm hearing about)

6. Cam Ward Miami

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Antonio Pierce, their HC, is a good leader of men and he definitely gravitates towards good leaders. Shedeur seems to be the opposite of a good leader, he will have a hard time getting past the fact that he called an ex-teammate a nobody on twitter, and might need his Dad to go bat for him in public conferences. If he is smart, he will focus on playing QB and doing less tweeting. My opinion of Deion and his son have gone down lately after their public shenanigans on twitter. 

Plus, teams may not want the baggage of signing "look at me" Shedeur as a high draft pick, with Deion going to bat for him, no different than teams not wanting unwanted press from signing Kaepernick or Tebow, even when they were somewhat good.

Maybe, Sanders Sr is still thinking of his youth, the type of attitude in that age worked out as it was seen as resilient and upbeat despite the odds, but if his son is thrashing former teammates and indulging in smearing on X and generally not building a high level of trust and comradery among his brothers, I guess he'll lay his own bed or couch.

NFL is still in need of lot of quality QBs though so they're gonna be hungry for top of the QB class. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Maybe, Sanders Sr is still thinking of his youth, the type of attitude in that age worked out as it was seen as resilient and upbeat despite the odds, but if his son is thrashing former teammates and indulging in smearing on X and generally not building a high level of trust and comradery among his brothers, I guess he'll lay his own bed or couch.

NFL is still in need of lot of quality QBs though so they're gonna be hungry for top of the QB class. 

In his defense Shedeur wasn't randomly talking trash about a player unprovoked. It started with the player in question talking trash on Colorado and Sanders Sr. as he joined the transfer portal, Shedeur was giving it to him in return. You could even say he was defending his team and his coach/father. 

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Zoltan said:

Shedeur will be a first round pick like it or not (unless he falls apart this season but I doubt it), next years QB class is not nearly as strong as this years class and their will be more than 1 team looking for a QB. Frankly this class maybe 1 to 2 QBs look first round worthy right now, Beck will probably get some Buzz because Georgia will have alot of wins but Georgia doesn't ask a lot from there QBs. Of course someone will probably jump the rankings having an amazing season maybe Duke's Leonard.

This is what the current class is looking:

1. Shedeur Sanders Colorado

2. Carson Beck Georgia

3.Quinn Ewers Texas

4. Jalen Milroe Alabama (Who I think isn't a real QB more of a leg threat but bad at throwing)

5. Preston Stone SMU (First I'm hearing about)

6. Cam Ward Miami

Jaxson Dart should go very high, nice size,quality arm, has improved each season. Playing in sec always helps.

10 hours ago, Zoltan said:

In his defense Shedeur wasn't randomly talking trash about a player unprovoked. It started with the player in question talking trash on Colorado and Sanders Sr. as he joined the transfer portal, Shedeur was giving it to him in return. You could even say he was defending his team and his coach/father. 

Maybe he needs lessons in how to manage his image and draft stock as the more he does this type of stuff, he could drop out of the Top 5 that his Dad feels he would go at. With 6 teams taking QBs this year, and 3 last year, in Round 1, the demand won't be as high and the supply will still be good enough. If his OL doesn't protect him well like during their losing streak, is he going to throw his OL under the bus next? I rarely see Deion or Shedeur taking ownership of their on the field issues or have the humility to say "it was my fault". They talk like they are in denial that a team could shellack them or they always lost to a team that they could have beat, that is the impression that I get, and it gets old.

I think Danders would have to do a lot more to fall out of the first round next year.   I’m not a fan, I think his father is terrible for college football,  but he hasn’t done enough yet to fall out if the first round.  

But it’s worth watching and paying attention to for the next year.