Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can the Colts replace the 8 bit helmet logo with a horeshoe

I get the “old school” mentality of the current logo but it would look very sharp to have a horseshoe on the field instead. 
I have to admit I cringe when I see the low quality helmet logo when watching home games

8 hours ago, TigerColt said:

I get the “old school” mentality of the current logo but it would look very sharp to have a horseshoe on the field instead. 
I have to admit I cringe when I see the low quality helmet logo when watching home games

I'm assuming you are talking about the mid field logo...I'm old school but think the old bucking horse logo would look cool. Horseshoe on the helmet must stay 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Change nothing except the numbers in the loss column. The horseshoe is to the Colts what the Statue of Liberty is to the United States of America.

He's not talking about changing the horse shoe. Just the helmet with the horseshoe on it. 

• Like 1

Yes. A larger horseshoe without the helmet. Simple but the horseshoe is the best logo in the NFL. 
This is coming from a guy in south Louisiana where everything is a fleur de lid (Saints logo)

7 hours ago, King Colt said:

Change nothing except the numbers in the loss column. The horseshoe is to the Colts what the Statue of Liberty is to the United States of America.

The flag of the US is a better comparison to the horseshoe. 

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The flag has been modified many times, not so our lady.

"If it aint broke don't fix it."

If the players decide to wear those guardian caps in 2024 the logo won't be visible, so the logo issue is null & void.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

"If it aint broke don't fix it."

If the players decide to wear those guardian caps in 2024 the logo won't be visible, so the logo issue is null & void.

2 things. 

1. The op is talking about the logo at the 50 yard line.

2. The guardian caps will have logos 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

The flag has been modified many times, not so our lady.

Exactly, and so has the Colts logo. For all intents and purposes, the team was the Dallas Texans for one year. Then in Baltimore, there were a few iterations of the logo. The logo was last modified in 2002. That's why I said the flag is a better comp. Also, the Statue of Liberty is a national monument, but it's not the official symbol of the US. The Colts logo is the official symbol of the team, but I digress. 

16 hours ago, DattMavis said:

Exactly, and so has the Colts logo. For all intents and purposes, the team was the Dallas Texans for one year. Then in Baltimore, there were a few iterations of the logo. The logo was last modified in 2002. That's why I said the flag is a better comp. Also, the Statue of Liberty is a national monument, but it's not the official symbol of the US. The Colts logo is the official symbol of the team, but I digress. 

The team was the Dallas Texans not the Colts. When you leave town you die ask old Baltimore Colts fans. Even Unitas said he would never step foot in Indianapolis.  The Cleveland Browns were the Cleveland Browns. They died, They were extinct just like the Texans. The Ravens were created in Baltimore, not the former Browns. There is no hyphen in their name.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The team was the Dallas Texans not the Colts. When you leave town you die ask old Baltimore Colts fans. Even Unitas said he would never step foot in Indianapolis.  The Cleveland Browns were the Cleveland Browns. They died, They were extinct just like the Texans. The Ravens were created in Baltimore, not the former Browns. There is no hyphen in their name.

I'm an old Colts fan ...and followed them to Indy. Still a Colts fan. .... I get a kick out of Mel Kiper who was a Baltimore Colts fan but now doesn't like the Colts because they moved to Indy. Instead he is a Ravens fan...you know, the team they stole from Cleveland. Can you say hypocrite?

4 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

I'm an old Colts fan ...and followed them to Indy. Still a Colts fan. .... I get a kick out of Mel Kiper who was a Baltimore Colts fan but now doesn't like the Colts because they moved to Indy. Instead he is a Ravens fan...you know, the team they stole from Cleveland. Can you say hypocrite?

I have been a fan since 1956 and I would not wipe my rear with a Ravens logo. To me, the Colts did not leave Baltimore they deserted it. 

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I have been a fan since 1956 and I would not wipe my rear with a Ravens logo. To me, the Colts did not leave Baltimore they deserted it. 

They left Baltimore for greener pastures.   Happens all the time in Sports.  I followed them to Indy as well.  If something happens in Indy and they move again I will follow them to that city.  Owners die and teams are sold.  Anything can happen and it usually does.  

• Like 1

I think as the team ownership slowly transitions from Jim to his daughters, the likelyhood of change and tweaks will increase. They will most likely honor the spirit of Jim's wishes when that day comes, but seek opportunity to put their own spin on things......I think we are already starting to see some signs of that already. 

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Do you like the Rams and the Raiders?...or the Chargers?

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

They left Baltimore for greener pastures.   Happens all the time in Sports.  I followed them to Indy as well.  If something happens in Indy and they move again I will follow them to that city.  Owners die and teams are sold.  Anything can happen and it usually does.  

You leave out the facts of the move to Indy proving Isay was a low life scoundrel. 

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

You leave out the facts of the move to Indy proving Isay was a low life scoundrel. 

What was the city of Baltimore?   Trying to steal his team.   Seems plenty of scoundrels to go around.   Only 1 of which owned the team

• Like 1

15 hours ago, richard pallo said:

But you’re still a Colts fan so you have moved on like the rest of us.

Of course but I never snuck out of anywhere in the dark unannounced. They still talk about it today and will continue to do so for many years.

On 5/4/2024 at 6:15 PM, DattMavis said:

I will say I stay with the Statue of Liberty because there is only one while there are billions of American flags on display nearly everywhere from underwear to hats, to jackets, pants, car bumpers, bathroom stalls, toolboxes, tattoos and even standing alongside of Swastika flags and Dixie flags.  I think we would find the majority of flags sold here are made in China.   

On 5/5/2024 at 12:04 PM, King Colt said:

I always feel my integrity questioned being from southern MD and remaining a Colts fan after they moved. I was 14 yrs old in '84. The Redskins were very good in those years, it would have been easy to just jump teams.. but it never would have felt right in my heart. They never died, just moved to a different pasture and I followed them there in spirit.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I always feel my integrity questioned being from southern MD and remaining a Colts fan after they moved. I was 14 yrs old in '84. The Redskins were very good in those years, it would have been easy to just jump teams.. but it never would have felt right in my heart. They never died, just moved to a different pasture and I followed them there in spirit.

Agree. I'll leave this world a Colts fan but Baltimore is stuck in my fuel tank. "Indianapolis" is too many syllables. They should change the name of the city to "Indy."

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

I will say I stay with the Statue of Liberty because there is only one while there are billions of American flags on display nearly everywhere from underwear to hats, to jackets, pants, car bumpers, bathroom stalls, toolboxes, tattoos and even standing alongside of Swastika flags and Dixie flags.  I think we would find the majority of flags sold here are made in China.   

And I have the horseshoe logo on hoodies, on t-shirts, on hats, on polos, on banners, on wall art, on a license plate cover, and on a car window decal. I still think the American flag is the better comp, unless Jim Irsay has built a giant horseshoe statue on an island in the Indianapolis canals that I haven't seen.

3 hours ago, DattMavis said:

And I have the horseshoe logo on hoodies, on t-shirts, on hats, on polos, on banners, on wall art, on a license plate cover, and on a car window decal. I still think the American flag is the better comp, unless Jim Irsay has built a giant horseshoe statue on an island in the Indianapolis canals that I haven't seen.

I don't dare doing any of those living in Houston.

On 5/3/2024 at 6:25 PM, King Colt said:

Yeah, everybody always wants to change things leave well enough alone. 

On 5/5/2024 at 8:00 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are good this year and just won a World Series in 2016. King actually has bragging rights here. I love the Cubs, have since 1984.

I’m a huge Cubs fans and I even go back much further than that. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, King Colt said:

I don't dare doing any of those living in Houston.

I lived in Clarksville, Tennessee for a spell about 20 years ago.  I had a Colts plate on the front bumper of my pickup.  Someone tore it off one night