Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bold predictions for the draft

stitches

10 minutes ago, Creekside said:

Ok..how about this:

Colts draft Guard Cooper Beebe at 15...Then 89 year old Elvis comes out and sings "My Way".

Elvis sings My Way by Limp Bizkit???limp bizkit GIF

Taking Care Of Business GIF by Baz Luhrmann’s Elvis Movie

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t really have a hot take, or a bold take.   But I’ll offer this…..

Ballard won’t use all 7 rounds of the draft.  He’s done that twice before.   

2017:  his first year drafting, Ballard was done about 1/3rd of the way into the 5th round. 

2019:  Ballard had made enough trades to have 3 picks back to back to back toward the bottom of R6.  

So there is precedent.   I think CB taps out after R5 or R6.   

Last years draft:

1 we drafted 1-AR

2 we drafted 1-Juju

3 we drafted1-Downs

4 we drafted 2-Freeland and Adebawore

5 we drafted 4-Rush, Scott, Malory and Hull

6 we drafted 1-Wagner

7 we drafted 2-Jones and Witt

That was 12 total last year. More than I remembered but knew we drafted at least 1 per round.

If Bowers or one of the 3 top receivers are gone by 15 Colts will trade back to later in the 1st, pick up a 2nd and take best player available in their 1st between a WR or CB. may trade back more as this draft seems deep.

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

On one of the talkie-talkie shows yesterday it was said there will be no hugging the Commish this year, handshakes only. A welcome change.

Because Goodell recently had back surgery 

2 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

If Bowers or one of the 3 top receivers are gone by 15 Colts will trade back to later in the 1st, pick up a 2nd and take best player available in their 1st between a WR or CB. may trade back more as this draft seems deep.

If they get a 2nd in a trade back then I could see them trading back into the bottom of the 1st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hoosierhawk said:

Last years draft:

1 we drafted 1-AR

2 we drafted 1-Juju

3 we drafted1-Downs

4 we drafted 2-Freeland and Adebawore

5 we drafted 4-Rush, Scott, Malory and Hull

6 we drafted 1-Wagner

7 we drafted 2-Jones and Witt

That was 12 total last year. More than I remembered but knew we drafted at least 1 per round.

Sorry, Hawk….  You lost me.  I didn’t understand your response to my post.  How are they connected?   

6 hours ago, King Colt said:

According to Boomer himself when he learned the Colts are moving to Indy he said he would never play football in Indy. This was part of a documentary this week on QB's waiting to be called in the draft. What exactly he meant he never elaborated.

They will draft Murphy a DL.

I'm sure Boomer would have played in Indy.   He didn't have the options Elway had.   Boomer was drafted in the second round not first overall

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry, Hawk….  You lost me.  I didn’t understand your response to my post.  How are they connected?   

I thought you were insinuating that CB is not a fan of late draft picks that our draft could be over early. If that was not what you were implying then my bad. I am the one who should be sorry New Colt!!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I thought you were insinuating that CB is not a fan of late draft picks that our draft could be over early. If that was not what you were implying then my bad. I am the one who should be sorry New Colt!!

No worries.  We’re always good.   

Actually most years Ballard wants more picks and he’s especially good late in the draft.   I was only noting that several times he finished early.   His first and third drafts in 17 and 19.   I was guessing CB will be done before R7.    

Hope that clarifies.   Appreciate the response.    :thmup:

• Thanks 1

On 4/24/2024 at 6:55 PM, DougDew said:

Chargers trade Herbert to the Vikes for picks 11, 23, and 2025 1st and 3rd round picks.   LAC selects JJ McCarthy at 5, and then adds OT and WR at 11 and 23.

That a great trade idea that could work for both teams. I do believe MN traded this year and next 2nd round picks for #23. Would mean they don’t pick until 3rd round this year and 4th next year. Not sure how stacked that team is to absorb two years of now high picks.  

On 4/24/2024 at 3:07 PM, smittywerb said:

- 6 QBs get taken in the first 15 picks.

- 5 or less defensive players will be taken in the first round.

- Colts will trade out of the first round (I don’t want this to happen lol)

I’ve hit on my 6 qb take lol

On 4/24/2024 at 9:32 PM, ChuggaBeer said:

My bold prediction is that the Colts will draft a game changing D player when there are top named O players still on the board and this place will go into a meltdown       And in a couple years hindsight will kick them in the * 

The first part of your prediction was spot-on.  Now let's see if the 2nd part of your post comes true.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 10:31 PM, stitches said:

Since after I posted my bold prediction in our no. 15 pick thread and got tons of replies on it, I decided to post a separate thread where we all unload our unpopular takes/bold predictions/hot takes about the draft tomorrow. So ... here we go... 

Here's mine:

- Chargers take Joe Alt at 5 and this an avalanche of OT picks and trade ups for OTs

Got that one right.

- Colts trade back in the 1st and take Xavier Worthy 

Nope.

- Not sure this fits... but... only 4 QBs go in R1. 

Nope. 6 in top 12!!! WOW! 

- At least 8 OTs go in R1

Yep!

So I'm 50-50 on my bold predictions :D 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm sure Boomer would have played in Indy.   He didn't have the options Elway had.   Boomer was drafted in the second round not first overall

YOU are sure?! Boomer said when the Colts were next to pick after the Raiders did not choose him he said he would never play in Indy yet YOU somehow know he would. Man, you sure know your stuff. He was not only taken in the second round but he went #38.

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

YOU are sure?! Boomer said when the Colts were next to pick after the Raiders did not choose him he said he would never play in Indy yet YOU somehow know he would. Man, you sure know your stuff. He was not only taken in the second round but he went #38.

Yes. The money difference from the top of the 1st and the second was much more

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yes. The money difference from the top of the 1st and the second was much more

So again. you are a mind reader. Get over it. Why not email Boomer and tell him what his golf game will be a year from now?

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

So again. you are a mind reader. Get over it. Why not email Boomer and tell him what his golf game will be a year from now?

The Colts didn't want him anyway.   They passed on him 3 times

23 hours ago, Superman said:

I think he's a little overrated as a corner prospect. Doesn't mean I don't like him, I do. But I was hearing about how incredibly athletic he is, people were talking about him like he was a lockdown defender, then I watch him for a couple games and I don't see that. So at first I was pretty down on him. Then I went back and watched him with my expectations much lower, and I see what he has to offer.

He's definitely athletic, but not the standout, premier athlete people were making him out to be at first. Watching his high school basketball videos helped me contextualize his athleticism, there's plenty of burst there. He has some struggles flipping his hips and staying connected late in the down. He's feisty and physical, plays the run with enthusiasm, tackles well, and he has explosiveness. He's better in shorter areas when he doesn't have to try to keep up with a receiver with elite speed. I know he ran 4.43, but it wasn't a pro day, it was a private workout. I discount timed speeds at pro days, and definitely at private workouts. To me, he's closer to 4.5 than 4.4, and that's what I expected when watching him play.

To me, he's a safety/nickel prospect, not a boundary corner. And if he were looked at as a boundary corner, I think his arm length would probably disqualify him for the Colts, at least in the first round. And I think the Colts already view corner as a Day 2 position. He's said all the right things about playing multiple positions. And while I don't know how the new rules will affect kickoffs, I think it makes sense to have good options at returner, so that helps his stock as well. But I think the second round is the right range for him. If we drafted him, I think we still need a boost on the outside.

You were spot on and I was wrong. DeJean slips to the 2nd round. He will be a steal for whoever picks him.

On 4/25/2024 at 6:55 PM, Fluke_33 said:
On 4/25/2024 at 6:26 PM, Superman said:

I like Latu, but don't you think there's a significant number of teams that are scared off by his medical? And then a couple more who will downgrade him because of his age?

Medical definitely.  His production heavily outweighs the age issue. Although I’ve wondered if his physical maturity is why he did so well.  But he doesn’t rely on great physical attributes.  

I think two bold things.  Irsay demands we go get Marv jr.  if not then we are taking an edge rusher.  If latu is at 15 it seems like the clearest lock to me.   Maybe not so bold.  

@Superman  are you happy with the pick?

Medical aside, if you could get tj watt at age 24 with the 15th pick you would in a heart, right?   That’s kind of my thinking. 

if he can rush the passer, you have to take him. 

10 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Medical aside, if you could get tj watt at age 24 with the 15th pick you would in a heart, right?   That’s kind of my thinking. 

Latu was playing Rugby 2 months after his surgery, apparently without complication, and before heading to UCLA. Have not seen where there has been any medical setbacks since the surgery. 

3 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Latu was playing Rugby 2 months after his surgery, apparently without complication, and before heading to UCLA. Have not seen where there has been any medical setbacks since the surgery. 

Yeah.  I’m not worried about the medicals.  I think supe had concerns about that and age.  I just had a follow up reason on the age issue.  

experience and youth help but a stud is a stud 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Yeah, I'm good with the pick. I wasn't exactly jumping up and down, but I think it was the obvious choice for us.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 9:49 PM, danlhart87 said:

Colts trade up for Nabers

Latu falls to the 2nd round

Corley gets drafted in 1st

10 OL go 1st round

College Football Dancing GIF by LSU Tigers

It hasn’t been that long, but this one has aged terribly!

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Rd 2 Bold Prediction.    Ballards moves to 33 in a trade with Carolina and selects one of the CB's.   Not quite sure which one though 

My bad.      33 is Buffalo.    Ok yea that's even bolder.  The Bills trade once again!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Never seen that many qbs in the top 12

I'll be surprised if we see that again anytime soon. What's really going be interesting is if any are franchise worthy in a few years.