Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chad Kelly sighting

Soooo.....a little bored this AM and youtubed the 2003 divisional playoff game ..Colts at Chiefs.. which of course the Colts won. At the end of the 3rd qtr, they honored the punt ,pass, and kick champions. Jim Kelly was an award giver. In the 8-9 year old division, one of the champions was a young boy named  Chad Kelly. (Jim's nephew) Remember him.? Thought that was funny.

On 5/5/2024 at 2:30 PM, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

He’s better than Matt Ryan, Sam Ehlinger, and Nick Foles. 

The fact he’s never been a league MVP or a Super Bowl MVP says you are wrong about at least two of these.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The fact he’s never been a league MVP or a Super Bowl MVP says you are wrong about at least two of these.  

Or ever done anything in the NFL.  He is currently suspended in the CFL

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Technically the reigning CFL MVP. Not the right league but he has been the MVP of A League. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Technically the reigning CFL MVP. Not the right league but he has been the MVP of A League. 

He's is currently suspended, and being investigated for sexually harrasing a strength and conditioning coach.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:13 PM, GoColts8818 said:

yeah I’m going with the current (or when they were with the Colts specifically) versions not the 6+ years ago versions. 
laughs fanfiction GIF

1 minute ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

yeah I’m going with the current versions not the 6+ years ago versions. 

Yeah that’s not how you decide who was the better overall player but you do you.

9 minutes ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

you decide how good a player is based on what? Something that happened 6+ years ago? 

You do it based on their careers.  Using your logic you might as well say Chad Kelley is better than Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees too because Ryan and Foles are or are practically retired so yeah it’s impossible for them to be better than Kelley right now because he’s playing and they aren’t because they are older and their careers are over.  

Also using your logic Sam is on a NFL roster and Kelley isn’t and it’s not because teams don’t know about this hidden gem.  They have seen him in the CFL and still don’t even want bring him in for a training camp spot.  That tells you NFL teams just don’t think he’s good enough for the NFL so even using your logic he’s not better than Sam.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You do it based on their careers.  Using your logic you might as well say Chad Kelley is better than Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Tom Brady, and Drew Brees too because Ryan and Foles are or are practically retired so yeah it’s impossible for them to be better than Kelley right now because he’s playing and they aren’t because they are older and their careers are over.  

Also using your logic Sam is on a NFL roster and Kelley isn’t and it’s not because teams don’t know about this hidden gem.  They have seen him in the CFL and still don’t even want bring him in for a training camp spot.  That tells you NFL teams just don’t think he’s good enough for the NFL so even using your logic he’s not better than Sam.

Jmo bud. 

On 5/8/2024 at 12:57 PM, KelownaColtsFan said:

He's is currently suspended, and being investigated for sexually harrasing a strength and conditioning coach.

He is definitely the kind of guy who lets accolades get to his head. From the drunken incident with the Broncos who gave him a chance despite his issues at Ole Miss, to these new allegations now, he would be the last person I’d give a chance as a backup. 

31 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How was Chad's 2022 NFL season?

I get it. You’re not a fan. Some of us wanted to see what he had to offer the team when the Colts had bigger questions at QB. Others didn’t like how many of us wanted to see what he had. I’m willing to drop it and let this thread fall into oblivion if you are. I’m entitled to my opinion whether you like that opinion or not. And you are to yours. Ultimately, I’d take AR at his current status over any of them. 

Chad Kelly isn’t right in the head, which is why he’s not in the league. Ultimately I don’t have the energy or desire to try and change anyone else’s opinion on his talent/skills. 

so if you’d be so gracious, I’d like to drop it and continue talking about where the Colts are now in other threads. Happy Mother’s Day, and Go Colts! 

14 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I get it. You’re not a fan. Some of us wanted to see what he had to offer the team when the Colts had bigger questions at QB. Others didn’t like how many of us wanted to see what he had. I’m willing to drop it and let this thread fall into oblivion if you are. I’m entitled to my opinion whether you like that opinion or not. And you are to yours. Ultimately, I’d take AR at his current status over any of them. 

Chad Kelly isn’t right in the head, which is why he’s not in the league. Ultimately I don’t have the energy or desire to try and change anyone else’s opinion on his talent/skills. 

so if you’d be so gracious, I’d like to drop it and continue talking about where the Colts are now in other threads. Happy Mother’s Day, and Go Colts! 

Chad Kelly’s only real impact for the Colts was the pre-season, something Sam has been better at since he’s been here.  Even then we saw how over whelmed Sam looked playing in a real game.  The logically conclusion is Kelly would have too.  Don’t fall for the pre-season trap.  The jump from back up to third string pre-season QB to NFL starter in a regular season game is the size of the Grand Canyon.  Let’s not forget Curtis Painter once looked good enough in the pre-season that some fans actually thought he could be developed into Peyton’s replacement and we all saw how that played out.  

Rather anyone likes Kelly or not is irrelevant to the fact he’s had a tone of tape out there for NFL teams to see.  We know NFL teams will give just about anyone they think can be a franchise QB a chance to at least look at him.  The fact no NFL teams have come calling for even a tryout since the Colts released him tells you what teams think of him.  

Fans can like him all they want that and $20 will get you a “value meal” at McDonalds.  He’s not some superstar who never got his chance, he’s a pre-season darling who isn’t good enough for regular season football.  Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  It’s not that people don’t like or aren’t a fan, in fact I’d argue he’d be a major underdog that most people would cheer for, it’s they have seen this before and recognize it for what it is.  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Million-dollar talent, 10 cent brain. 

He obviously has some personal challenges to deal with.

But I think his talent is probably overrated, and if he wasn't Jim Kelly's nephew, maybe we wouldn't still be talking about him. I think he showed some talent in college and in a couple preseason games, but I never saw him as a potential starter in the NFL. He rode the bench for the Colts and Broncos, two QB-needy teams, and they never gave him a meaningful shot in the regular season. He's just a practice squad quality QB, with a recognizable name.

24 minutes ago, Superman said:

He obviously has some personal challenges to deal with.

But I think his talent is probably overrated, and if he wasn't Jim Kelly's nephew, maybe we wouldn't still be talking about him. I think he showed some talent in college and in a couple preseason games, but I never saw him as a potential starter in the NFL. He rode the bench for the Colts and Broncos, two QB-needy teams, and they never gave him a meaningful shot in the regular season. He's just a practice squad quality QB, with a recognizable name.

If he had his head screwed on straight I think he’s at best Sam.  If he had the talent of his Uncle some NFL would have given him a legit shot regardless of his “issues”. Look at how many other NFL players have had issues but get shots over and over because they have talent.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

If he had his head screwed on straight I think he’s at best Sam.  If he had the talent of his Uncle some NFL would have given him a legit shot regardless of his “issues”. Look at how many other NFL players have had issues but get shots over and over because they have talent.

I think he maybe had a little more juice to him than Sam, but yeah.