Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The most hated/disappointing colt?

CR91

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

This should be interesting. I have a few good ones off the top of my head.

- Trent the blind squirrel Richardson

- Fumble bandit Keith

- Mike the * kicker vanderjagt

- The greatest Wr hype of all time Roy Hall

- Hank super bowl mvp Baskett

- Ryan the linemen, but cant draft linemen Grigson

I think Jeff George should be on the list.    I wouldn't put Vanderjagt on it.   I liked him and he was a very good kicker for us.

• Like 1

Just now, SOMDColtsfan said:

Marshall Faulk. Did pretty good with the Colts but really became the complete back and integral part of the greatest show on turf with the Rams. More disappointed,never hated, to watch him flourish in a different uniform than with Colts

Faulk was great but Dickerson was better so I see your point. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Faulk was great but Dickerson was better so I see your point. 

I looked Faulks #'s up and surprising to me his last year '98 was his best year in Indy and aside from his 13 game season in '96 the other 3 years were pretty stellar too. In my mind I never thought he reached the hype he had coming out of college until he went to the Rams..his #'s show otherwise tho

4 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I looked Faulks #'s up and surprising to me his last year '98 was his best year in Indy and aside from his 13 game season in '96 the other 3 years were pretty stellar too. In my mind I never thought he reached the hype he had coming out of college until he went to the Rams..his #'s show otherwise tho

I still think Dickerson was better, when we got him we won the AFC East in 1987. He was an offense by himself lmao . On Halloween night he would've went for 300 had he not been benched. 

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

- Fumble bandit Keith

Jeff George

• Like 1

Steve "Mustafah" Muhammad, beats his 5 month pregnant wife 10 days before she delivers her baby in which she passes away from. His 6 year old stepson testified against him because he witnessed it.  Doesnt get much more hated than that in my book.

Disappointed long list but along with those mentioned Andre Johnson comes to mind, was brought in with Gore for a Super Bowl run and did next to nothing......

2 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Well he coached almost a perfect season, so his blank stare seemed to work. 

I think our player/coach at the time had more impact on that successful season.  I just expect a coach to pull out all the stops in the Superbowl.  So my comment was directed at the Superbowl performance.

I will say I was rooting for him in Detroit as a head coach.  

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Corey Simon.

He was supposed to be the missing piece to a Super Bowl, but Booger filled that role because Simon couldn't stay healthy.

For the amount of money that Irsay shelled out to Simon, that was probably the least bang for the buck the Colts ever got out of a player...  :flaming:  For what it's worth, Irsay gave Edge a SB ring even though he wasn't on the 2006 team, while Simon (a member of the 2006 team, just on IR) wasn't even invited to the ring ceremony...  yikes

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He was supposed to be the missing piece to a Super Bowl, but Booger filled that role because Simon couldn't stay healthy.

For the amount of money that Irsay shelled out to Simon, that was probably the least bang for the buck the Colts ever got out of a player...  :flaming:  For what it's worth, Irsay gave Edge a SB ring even though he wasn't on the 2006 team, while Simon (a member of the 2006 team, just on IR) wasn't even invited to the ring ceremony...  yikes

giphy.gif

Yeah the Corey Simon thing was just bizarre. The guy was a hell of a player for the Eagles and I thought he was a huge addition.

And losing Edge was a major one as well. I forgot about that one. He was easily my favorite Colt ever at the time. It just crushed me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

- Fumble bandit Keith

I never 'hate' any Colts player...but Trent Richardson sure was a huge disappointment at a time when we needed a running game.

I want to retract my previous suggestions and just say the entire 1992 Draft.

Quentin Coryatts biggest memory was dropping a gimme INT that would have sent us to the SB in 95.

Steve Emtman was a disappointment as well, but his was more about injuries than anything else. 

Imagine having the top 2 picks and getting hardly anything out if it.

In 92 we had the first and 2nd overall picks, and in 94 we had #2 and #5. Someone mentioned Trev Alberts before, he was #5. We did get Marshall Faulk at 2 in 94, but imagine blowing 3 top 5 picks in a 3 year span, and STILL getting to the AFC Title Game and barely losing in 95. Faulk also didnt play in that AFC Title game due to injury. Imagine if we hit on just one of them we probably go that year for sure. If Faulk wasnt hurt we probably go as well.

I always think about that stretch in Colts history when somebody starts suggesting we trade a good player for draft picks. 

• Like 1

Not even a contest. Only one man has made me contemplate turning my back on this team. Polian. Giving up on the chance of history was a shameful moment in sport. Arrogant and deluded. And those quoting Vandetjagt are missing the point(s). The whole team 'choked' that day, including Manning. "Protection issues' indeed.....always easy to blame the kicker.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Well the sad thing is, we never got to see the end of the movie

I’m not so sure we can say that just yet... I think there’s a chance, albeit an extremely small chance, that Luck comes out of retirement. I’m talking like .000000000000123 percent chance but with him following the team closely, that tells me part of him still wants to play. 

8 hours ago, gspdx said:

We could put some of that blame for that SB loss on Jim "deer in the headlights" Caldwell.  Seemed to me like he coached it like it was just another game of the season. So he gets an honorable mention from me on most disappointing Colt.

Although that play with Hank was awful.

Was never happy that Caldwell got basically handed the HC job after Dungy retired b/c he was a good friend of Dungy.  I think we could've done way better.

8 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

The worst part for me is that the Irsay cleaned house for Luck, just for him to retire. 

But I would not ever consider Luck hated. 

Trent Richardson is the most hated Colt bar none, imo

I blame Grigs more than Richardson... Grigs got flat out ripped off, Richardson was not a good NFL running back and Grigs showed how bad of a GM he was by being duped by the Browns of all teams.  

8 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Well he coached almost a perfect season, so his blank stare seemed to work. 

Still mad at Caldwell and Polian for not letting us go undefeated that year... will never forget watching Peyton standing on the sideline with his helmet on the whole second half wanting to get back into the game to try to win.

7 hours ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Marshall Faulk. Did pretty good with the Colts but really became the complete back and integral part of the greatest show on turf with the Rams. More disappointed,never hated, to watch him flourish in a different uniform than with Colts

I think Edge fit the system w/ Peyton and Marv better than Marshall would have.. if Edge didn't come in and become the best RB in the game his first 2-3 years after we lost Faulk, watching Fauk's success would've been more difficult.

5 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

How about Arthur Jones who was brought in and expected to be a big time guy on our DL but couldn't stay off the PEDs?

A few disappointments for me: (1) Anthony Gonzalez (I thought he'd come out of OSU and make our O unstoppable, but other than a few glimpses, he was a major bust), (2) Bjoern Werner (this is more on Grigs, as Werner simply wasn't worth a 1st round pick), (3) Khaled Holmes/Hugh Thornton (I thought these guys were going to give us a line to protect Luck and establish a running game, but neither did anything..... (4) Just noticed but Werner, Holmes, Thornton were all part of the 2013 NFL draft (Let's blame Grigs for a draft which produced nothing for us, expect John Boyett had a funny way to get kicked off the team by telling cops they can't arrest him for being a drunken * because he was a Colt), (5) EG Green/Jerome Pathon -- don't hate either of them, but they both had so much upside and just couldn't stay healthy, I thought Green was an absolute stud the few games he actually got to play but he was always hurt, (6) Grigs FA class of Landry, RJF, Arthur Jones, (7) Daniel Adongo (I liked him, but the fact that Grigs made it out like he was going to be the best player in the NFL after he scouted him from a B-league rugby team and he did nothing, come on man), (8) Kordell Stewart (for running out of bounds in the back of the end zone and coming back in to catch a TD) and Aaron Bailey (for having me convinced he caught Harbaugh's hail mary) in the 1996 AfC Championship Game.

All random stuff, mental diarrhea.

Hank Baskett,... No explanation needed.

Lamont Warren... Getting tackled by a finger nail.

Montae Raegor for getting himself hurt.

The stupid 4th down Pagano play.

Wish we could have seen a long run of Thornton/Peterson/Washington at LB.

Hated Chad Cota, don't remember why.

Jeff George was my idol, stop the hate :).

Hate Edgerrin's actual ACL, it robbed him of being an all time great. First 2 years Edge was GOAT level.

Chud, Pep, Meeks.

The touchdown monkey stuffed animals.