Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Mike Garafulo reported this morning colts are open to keeping Moss but he will have a market.

I am guessing the Colts remaining free agents are going to be aloud to test the market at this point.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I thought we were close on Moore like we were with Pittman.  If so it should be today I would think.

Well that was a report from a so called insider on twitter.  Always take those reports with a grain of salt rather than unquestionable fact.  Not saying they can’t get something done with Moore though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well that was a report from a so called insider on twitter.  Always take those reports with a grain of salt rather than unquestionable fact.  Not saying they can’t get something done with Moore though.

That same guy reported on Pittman being close.

• Like 1

Gonna post this in this thread also...

OK .... take this to the bank. If you are expecting the Colts to sign a top safety , cb or edge , it is not going to happen. We will overpay for a few of our own free agents and not participate in the early "scramble" for the top free agents. Not saying we might not make a good "secondary" signing or 2 but forget about the elite free agents.

• Like 2

Just now, richard pallo said:

That same guy reported on Pittman being close.

Yeah and several other real media outlets also reported Pittman being close long before this guy and have said nothing about Moore.  Again, I suggest taking his report with a grain of salt but if you want to take it as unquestionable fact because it’s what you want to hear knock yourself out.  

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah and several other real media outlets also reported Pittman being close long before this guy and have said nothing about Moore.  Again, I suggest taking his report with a grain of salt but if you want to take it as unquestionable fact because it’s what you want to hear knock yourself out.  

Whoever said I was taking it as fact.  I didn’t.  It’s just another report where he was right on one of them.  That’s all.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

CYA.    Lol

It happens with anyone that gets inside info. Circumstances change ect. People need to remember that. Destin is actually a full time reporter now for a to z sports. He is one of the very few I trust. He swore  up and down the info he had colts were taking Richardson. 

15 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Gonna post this in this thread also...

OK .... take this to the bank. If you are expecting the Colts to sign a top safety , cb or edge , it is not going to happen. We will overpay for a few of our own free agents and not participate in the early "scramble" for the top free agents. Not saying we might not make a good "secondary" signing or 2 but forget about the elite free agents.

Well so far, we’ve yet to overpay for any of the two we have signed. Therefore, you’re wrong already. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It happens with anyone that gets inside info. Circumstances change ect. People need to remember that. Destin is actually a full time reporter now for a to z sports. He is one of the very few I trust. He swore  up and down the info he had colts were taking Richardson. 

Yeah I understand that.  Ballard said the same thing in his press conference.  He pursues players but doesn’t always get them.  It’s just the way it is.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Destin is doing a Twitter space right now if you have Twitter and want to listen. There is a lot of people listening.

I don’t use twitter.  I count on the posting for anything that might be interesting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah I understand that.  Ballard said the same thing in his press conference.  He pursues players but doesn’t always get them.  It’s just the way it is.  

You just have to know who to trust. Destin has earned my trust.

Sounds like from what he just said on his Twitter space colts are working through things with Blackmon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not surprising but if seems we’re betting on the home-grown talent. I mostly just want Grover and Kenny back back, but I would understand Blackmon as well. That would still leave us with some room to bolster the roster.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Then bring back Grover, Moore and Blackmon. Then use 15th  pick for an offensive play maker. Then depth rest of draft. They would be sitting pretty.

Ehhh maybe

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

lol Wilkins just signed with raiders for 3 years 110 million. Why raiders?

Destin said colts are talking to more tier one FA then he has heard in the past.

Wilkins went for the huge money.  Good for him.  Glad it wasn’t the Texans where many thought he was going.  Texans lost Grenhard too.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Destin said colts are talking to more tier one FA then he has heard in the past.

If Destin is right about pursuing tier one FA you would think secondary would be a position.  McKinney, Fuller to name a couple.

9 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Raiders doing Raider things. At least he’s not in the division 

10 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Talking is fine and dandy but that may not lead to anything. We shall see

• Like 1

Looking at some of those numbers... this is new NFL money taking effect. The raise of the salary cap is hitting hard on the market. I wonder what Grover will get now... possible he gets something like... 3/48? 

1 minute ago, stitches said:

Looking at some of those numbers... this is new NFL money taking effect. The raise of the salary cap is hitting hard on the market. I wonder what Grover will get now... possible he gets something like... 3/48? 

Now that Armstead is released I would rather pay him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

If Destin is right about pursuing tier one FA you would think secondary would be a position.  McKinney, Fuller to name a couple.

Justin Simmons baby!!! 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Fuller is better in zone I think.

Justin Simmons is a free safety, Fuller is a slot CB that plays same position as Kenny Moore but can also play outside.