Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

3 hours ago, KB said:

Madden rating hands down. There's alot of study and analytical research that goes into those accurate ratings.

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

?

What are you referring to?

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

What are you referring to?

My comment was originally in a poll that got merged into here somehow. It was a joke poll so don't know why it went to the Ballard grievance thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts still have one draft pick but how are we feeling about Ballard now

Nothing has changed for me.  I wasnt a big hater before but I could have taken or left him too.  Hes gotten the benefit of the doubt for a long time, its time to win something.  Its not about today 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like that fact that Ballard picked some players he usually passes on. Shows that he can change and is listening to things the coaches want. If they go out and sign one veteran secondary player I think the colts are in a very good position. Gonna be lots of competition in camp and probably will see some decent players cut.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Mikemccoy84 said:

I like that fact that Ballard picked some players he usually passes on. Shows that he can change and is listening to things the coaches want. If they go out and sign one veteran secondary player I think the colts are in a very good position. Gonna be lots of competition in camp and probably will see some decent players cut.

Yeah I don’t think all the guys they re-signed will make the final roster (I am not talking something shocking like Stewart or Lewis or something).  Some of the guys like Pinter or Anderson who signed one year deals to stay could go during cuts.

On 4/26/2024 at 6:58 PM, KB said:

My comment was originally in a poll that got merged into here somehow. It was a joke poll so don't know why it went to the Ballard grievance thread.

Because anything that isn't pro Ballard goes in here. We have assigned seats on this forum 

• Like 2

On 4/26/2024 at 6:58 PM, KB said:

Ah. Okay. Thank you for replying. I understand now.

On 4/26/2024 at 5:00 AM, colts89 said:

There's plenty of active people on this forum in the last year or so that actively look to insult/berate people they don't agree with, especially towards Chloe and a few others. I've been on this forum since I was like 13 in 2009 and it's been pretty rough reading a thread now without some sort of squabble happening lol. Maybe it's a product of the social media age, but it's frankly annoying that some people aren't able to just ignore something they don't agree with, or at least attempt to make a response that isn't a cheap shot.

That's more accurate description, thank you.

I think every comment doesn't have to be seen as shot at Ballard (as in how @DynaMike had to explain in previous page unnecessarily, lol) and people don't have to delve deeper into such angle and based on the history of a poster's comments. 

I say this because Chloe continues to say the same when she is nervous, so she stands no chance with the crowd who think they need to defend the team's decision or circumstances, etc., Best is to understand her tendencies and allow her to express, and ignore the urge to reply to every one of her comments, even if that seems redundant or non-sensical.

That's the essence - let everyone express in their way. That's not to say such comments shouldn't be disagreed with, but everyone needs to realize to take off the foot from gas pedal before it gets out of hand (depending on everyone's tendencies) and rather ignore such posts at that point. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As always... I feel the best about Ballard right after the draft. I really do think he's a good drafter. I love a ton of what he does on draft day. I love his feel for the board, I love his trade backs(controversial take, I know), I love that he does have a thing for athleticism and I cannot understand people who dislike that(football is one of the most athleticism-dependent games out there... it's only natural to bet on athletic traits). And now I love that he's starting to diversify his approach a bit by making some exceptions to his rules. 

If Ballard fails as a GM it will not be because of his overall draft acumen IMO. It will be the other stuff... 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, stitches said:

As always... I feel the best about Ballard right after the draft. I really do think he's a good drafter. I love a ton of what he does on draft day. I love his feel for the board, I love his trade backs(controversial take, I know), I love that he does have a thing for athleticism and I cannot understand people who dislike that(football is one of the most athleticism-dependent games out there... it's only natural to bet on athletic traits). And now I love that he's starting to diversify his approach a bit by making some exceptions to his rules. 

If Ballard fails as a GM it will not be because of his overall draft acumen IMO. It will be the other stuff... 

Agreed, all these characteristics during the draft are good to have, he maintains the balance well on trading back and getting the players on his board.

He did try few options on elite players in free agency, so we start to see him being active in free agency (whether that resulted in bringing talents from other teams isn't entirely in his hands sometimes). Perhaps he'll do that more if Richardson grows into his role very well and when the team is primed to splurge on Elite talents to jump from being a good team to being a dangerous team, which currently Colts are not - that's fine pending knowing what we have in AR. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stitches said:

100% agree..

The problem is the lack of taking risks in FA. I agree with "B player, A money", but if you need an B player, you need to take the risk.

The "build tru draft" is 100% right IMO, the core comes from it, but if you lack complement or you make a draft mistake, you try FA.

Who knows, but better CB play would probably have us on playoffs last year. Sometimes thats the diference.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2024 at 2:20 PM, AKB said:

im back, and still think ballard sucks. so there's that

Yet here you are, and there he is making millions of dollars.   Your take is and has been tired.  Ballard and his staff are more successful than you, me or anyone we know.   Sit back and enjoy the ride.   My goodness 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Agreed, all these characteristics during the draft are good to have, he maintains the balance well on trading back and getting the players on his board.

He did try few options on elite players in free agency, so we start to see him being active in free agency (whether that resulted in bringing talents from other teams isn't entirely in his hands sometimes). Perhaps he'll do that more if Richardson grows into his role very well and when the team is primed to splurge on Elite talents to jump from being a good team to being a dangerous team, which currently Colts are not - that's fine pending knowing what we have in AR. 

The Colts offense scored the 10th most points last year with a journeyman QB.  We just added deep threats and JT will start week one.   I disagree they aren't dangerous.     Hopefully the defense takes a step forward 

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Well said

I 100% agree with your last sentence 

And hoping  that will lead us into next offseason . I see that as a bigger reason we restructured Buckner (who deserved it) for carryover $$$ We should have plenty even if we use some for FS or CB this year

• Like 1

Sometimes the best trade you make are the ones that you don't make. If the Colts trade up a few spots for Bowers , this draft is drastically different. When the dust cleared , we ended up with a top 12 edge rusher and an electric WR projected to go in the 20's. Plus we add to that Gould and Simpson. 

If we move up for Bowers we have him and a choice of the following defensive players . Going by what came off the board ... Nubin , Mason Smith , Kris Jenkins , Mike Sainristil , Mike Hall , or Marshawn Keeland would be the likely choices. Plus we probably  don't have one of  our 3rd or 4th used for the 2 offensive linemen.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

The Colts offense scored the 10th most points last year with a journeyman QB.  We just added deep threats and JT will start week one.   I disagree they aren't dangerous.     Hopefully the defense takes a step forward 

In theory, yeah... But last year's results can only project. It is good to declare Colts as a great team after seeing them in action against this year's competition.

The toughest part in the NFL is to jump from being a good team to a great team, that you begin to expect to win week after week. We'll see if that leap happens. 

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Great insight. 

18 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

The toughest part in the NFL is to jump from being a good team to a great team, that you begin to expect to win week after week. We'll see if that leap happens. 

That leap will depend on the continued development of Richardson. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

That leap will depend on the continued development of Richardson. 

1000 percent!    Richardson is the key.  I’ve said repeatedly that, at quarterback, there’s no shortcut for experience.  That AR has to play and be allowed to make his mistakes.   

There will be games where the Colts trail by 4 with time winding down.  The Colts must get a touchdown.  AR will make a throw into the end zone that will get picked off.  ALL QBs do this.  And certainly a QB with as little experience as Richardson has.   

And no doubt fans here who have no patience will pronounce they’ve seen enough to know that Richardson is not the guy.  He’s never going to make it.  You can easily predict today who will say that 5-8 months from now.   This fan base has to be patient with AR.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

1000 percent!    Richardson is the key.  I’ve said repeatedly that, at quarterback, there’s no shortcut for experience.  That AR has to okay and be allowed to make his mistakes.   

There will be games where the Colts trail by 4 with time winding down.  The Colts must get a touchdown.  AR will make a throw into the end zone that will get picked off.  ALL QBs do this.  And certainly a QB with as little experience as Richardson has.   

And no doubt fans here who have no patience will pronounce they’ve seen enough to know that Richardson is not the guy.  He’s never going to make it.  You can easily predict today who will say that 5-8 months from now.   This fan base has to be patient with AR.   

Absolutely. 

There will a few games where he does something absolutely jaw dropping that leads to a win, and then there will be several games where he will be responsible for a loss. Just how it goes. What will matter most is improvement game after game. 

• Thanks 1