Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard took Campbell because that’s who Frank loved.   And do you know who else passed on McLaurin, Brown and Metcalf?  The rest of the NFL 2-3 times each.   Those guys went in the 50’s and 60’s.  

Everything is obvious in hindsight.  

I disagree agree the only hindsight  one was McLaurin,  but the vast majority  of us were hoping he would take brown or metcalf.

• Thanks 1

Another example  is odunze,Brian Thomas  jr, and Mitchell  the cb if any of them are there at 15 and Ballard  passes on them and they become  a super star you will never hear the end of it. I think Brian thomas  will be better  than worthy so when we pass on thomas you won't  be able to call it hindsight. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ballard took Campbell because that’s who Frank loved.   And do you know who else passed on McLaurin, Brown and Metcalf?  The rest of the NFL 2-3 times each.   Those guys went in the 50’s and 60’s.  

Everything is obvious in hindsight.  

I really don't want us to keep giving Ballard that excuse. This has become one of my pet peeves. We shouldn't give him a pass for every offensive player that failed just because Reich wanted him. He's the GM. It's his job to make the final call. And this is coming from someone who loved Campbell as a prospect... I thought this pick was awesome at the time. And I was wrong... and so was Ballard. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stitches said:

I really don't want us to keep giving Ballard that excuse. This has become one of my pet peeves. We shouldn't give him a pass for every offensive player that failed just because Reich wanted him. He's the GM. It's his job to make the final call. And this is coming from someone who loved Campbell as a prospect... I thought this pick was awesome at the time. And I was wrong... and so was Ballard. 

It’s not an excuse GMs draft the types of players coaches want.  That’s true of all GMs not just Ballard.

16 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think Steichen and Wayne had a lot of input on Downs. He was also a 8.99 RAS, even with really poor size on that rating. So he makes up for it in other ways. 

and if you think he “just focuses on RAS,” I really don’t know what to tell you. That’s an interesting perspective… 

I noticed  most the guys he drafts have a high ras and some don't  have the production in college. Based on how he drafted in the past adonai Mitchell,  Brian Thomas jr, xavier legette, Rome odunze,devontez walker,  Ricky Pearsall, Johnny wilson, Cornelius Johnson are all wrs he would draft due to high ras. Out of that list Thomas, odunze, and Pearsall  should be good. Wilson does have enough production  and don't  trust legette's late break out. Haven't  done any looking into Johnson, Mitchell  is said to take plays off when he doesn't  get the ball,walker has questionable hands at times.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s not an excuse GMs draft the types of players coaches want.  That’s true of all GMs not just Ballard.

They do... and it's still their choice when to do it and when to exercise better judgement... or to draft a different player of the same type. Being a GM caries responsibilities, including during the draft(maybe most importantly during the draft, and this is especially true with someone like Ballard who relies heavily on the draft). Otherwise - why not just let the HC/OC/DC run the draft and get whoever they want for the team they are coaching... I get it that it's a collaborative process. I get that you take input from your coaches, but when it's said and done... it's still your responsibility to make that decision. 

And BTW, you know who I bet would agree with me on this one? I bet Ballard sees it the same way and I bet he'd take responsibility for this one ... or other misses and he wouldn't just throw the sin on the sacrificial lamb that Reich seems to have become with a lot of fans(and I was not the biggest Reich fan by the end of it, but mainly for coaching related things with a sprinkle of his vouching for some QBs that didn't work out). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think Steichen and Wayne had a lot of input on Downs. He was also a 8.99 RAS, even with really poor size on that rating. So he makes up for it in other ways. 

and if you think he “just focuses on RAS,” I really don’t know what to tell you. That’s an interesting perspective… 

I’m one of Ballards biggest supporters on here but I can say that I see where the theory Ballard focuses or prioritizes RAS scores or athleticism originates from. It does at times appear that way on the surface. Especially when he’s taken guys that are or at the top of the charts in RAS scores the last few years. 

now I don’t think that is the only thing he focuses on. But I do think there is a lot more weight given to that category vs the rest of the league. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m one of Ballards biggest supporters on here but I can say that I see where the theory Ballard focuses or prioritizes RAS scores or athleticism originates from. It does at times appear that way on the surface. Especially when he’s taken guys that are or at the top of the charts in RAS scores the last few years. 

now I don’t think that is the only thing he focuses on. But I do think there is a lot more weight given to that category vs the rest of the league. 

I think it’s fair to say he places a high value on RAS scores.  I also think it’s an over simplification to say he only values RAS scores which is what seemed to be suggested earlier.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, csmopar said:

They definitely value metrics. There’s a clip of him in one of the with the next pick series that he clearly says when it comes down to a few players, always bet on the metrics. 

I always took it by that clip that when they stack their board, and they have several players relatively equal on it, they are always going to go with the guy with better measurables. Its easy to trash him for certain picks, but most on here seem to have the inability to step back and look at some of the picks that should have panned out for us but had bad injury luck. His very first pick here certainly did. He had a promising pass rusher in Turay that never recovered from a freak injury broken leg. Lewis (while still here) had a major knee injury right as he was peaking. Campbell had plenty of promise and is considered a bust, but it’s all because of injuries. Blackmon could have been a legit safety (and he still is very good) but his biggest knock is injuries. Even Carson Wentz (dare I even go down the path of defending him…) had injuries he was dealing with. Shaq Leonard was the best defensive player we’ve had in years, maybe ever at linebacker. Early retirement because of injuries. Our franchise qb. Early retirement because of injuries. 

Our franchise has had some really bad luck (no pun intended) with injuries at some of our key draft picks and guys that should have been (and should still be) game changers. Even khari Willis was a great player and would have changed the discussion on safety play. Retired abruptly to go into ministry. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stitches said:

They do... and it's still their choice when to do it and when to exercise better judgement... or to draft a different player of the same type. Being a GM caries responsibilities, including during the draft(maybe most importantly during the draft, and this is especially true with someone like Ballard who relies heavily on the draft). Otherwise - why not just let the HC/OC/DC run the draft and get whoever they want for the team they are coaching... I get it that it's a collaborative process. I get that you take input from your coaches, but when it's said and done... it's still your responsibility to make that decision. 

And BTW, you know who I bet would agree with me on this one? I bet Ballard sees it the same way and I bet he'd take responsibility for this one ... or other misses and he wouldn't just throw the sin on the sacrificial lamb that Reich seems to have become with a lot of fans(and I was not the biggest Reich fan by the end of it, but mainly for coaching related things with a sprinkle of his vouching for some QBs that didn't work out). 

Yeah I personally don't put the responsibility for draft picks on the coaches, even if the coach really wanted the player. Ballard runs the draft, the picks are on him. I don't mind giving Reggie credit for banging the table for Josh Downs, but if Downs doesn't work out I'm not going to say it's Reggie's fault.

The QB situation after Luck retired was a little different. The main reason I'm fine with hanging that on Reich is because it seems like that's what Irsay has done.

By the way, I wouldn't say anyone was wrong about Campbell. He didn't work out, but they drafted a really productive guy who had no known injury concerns, and then he was hurt his first three years in the NFL. They also intended for him to complement Andrew Luck, who retired before they got a chance to play together. Campbell is just a matter of circumstances. Maybe the best example of a pick gone wrong when it's no one's fault. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Yeah I personally don't put the responsibility for draft picks on the coaches, even if the coach really wanted the player. Ballard runs the draft, the picks are on him. I don't mind giving Reggie credit for banging the table for Josh Downs, but if Downs doesn't work out I'm not going to say it's Reggie's fault.

The QB situation after Luck retired was a little different. The main reason I'm fine with hanging that on Reich is because it seems like that's what Irsay has done.

By the way, I wouldn't say anyone was wrong about Campbell. He didn't work out, but they drafted a really productive guy who had no known injury concerns, and then he was hurt his first three years in the NFL. They also intended for him to complement Andrew Luck, who retired before they got a chance to play together. Campbell is just a matter of circumstances. Maybe the best example of a pick gone wrong when it's no one's fault. 

To some degree I agree with you about Campbell and his failure being partially due to injuries we couldn't have predicted. But I also think the FO made some serious projections I am not sure would have panned out even without the injuries - namely, they seemed to indicate from the very start that they see him as more than a slot receiver and gadget guy and they said after they drafted him that he showed them a lot with his route running in the pre-draft process. I was very skeptical about this at the time and I still am not sure he would have panned out the way they seemed to project him even without him getting hurt... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

To some degree I agree with you about Campbell and his failure being partially due to injuries we couldn't have predicted. But I also think the FO made some serious projections I am not sure would have panned out even without the injuries - namely, they seemed to indicate from the very start that they see him as more than a slot receiver and gadget guy and they said after they drafted him that he showed them a lot with his route running in the pre-draft process. I was very skeptical about this at the time and I still am not sure he would have panned out the way they seemed to project him even without him getting hurt... 

Even if he was just a slot/gadget guy, he could have been a really productive player. I think that's what they did with him in the 2020 opener and a few other times. Maybe that's not as exciting as having one of the other WRs from that draft, but we never really saw anything materialize with him. But he'll always be held up against the other receivers that year.

And that was just a dreadful second round for the Colts, coming off a really good second round in 2018. We got Rock Ya-Sin, Ben Banogu, and Parris Campbell. Yikes. And there were really good players drafted throughout that round. Just not by the Colts.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I don't bash Ballard's drafting philosophy per se. The issue is that he had not been able to hit on that pass rushing Dend after 7 years. He has continually drafted to try and get one wasting picks that could have been used on say a take the top off wr that everyone has wanted for 7 years. Seeing a pattern yet??

Here’s what I see…

The pass rush you complain about was 4th in the NFL with 51 sacks.  When you complain about lack of pressure, I’m going to introduce you to Charlie Partridge, the new highly regarded DL coach brought in to make his unit even better. 

Regarding that WR to take the top off,  Campbell was hurt 3 of his 4 years and Pierce, for all the complaining people do about him, averages 15 yards a catch.  That’s roughly 3 yards per catch better than Pittman and Pierce should only continue to get better.   You think Pierce is a JAG, I see potential. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

He's must be talking about our pathetic back seven, the constant meltdown here over no worthy pass rusher, and the exhausting dreamers that believe the mountain top is trading the kitchen sink for Marvin Jr. so we could be an 11 win team. This is how I'm reading him.

Nah, I have came to my senses, I would rather be like you and just stay average and go 9-8 every year, never win anything. Never take any chances to improve our team/roster by moving up in the draft, not getting AR any huge playmakers to help him out and hear you and half the forum complain about our roster and why we went 9-8 again. That's the ticket Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nah, I have came to my senses, I would rather be like you and just stay average and go 9-8 every year, never win anything. Never take any chances to improve our team by moving up in the draft, not getting AR any huge playmakers to help him out, and hear you and half the forum complain about our roster and why we went 9-8 again. That's the ticket Homer Simpson Laughing GIF by FOX TV

homer simpson laughing GIF

• Thanks 1

I am still trying to figure out how trading this year's 15th, next year's 1st round pick and even a 2nd round pick next year is trading away our future to move up into the top 10 this year? It's giving up 2 picks next season. Giving up your future would be like trading away 2 1st round picks = next year and in 2026 and 2 2nd round picks for example - that would be too much. 

People complain over and over that we never win anything, and we are average but yet the same people don't want Ballard to take any chances to get better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am still trying to figure out how trading this year's 15th, next year's 1st round pick and even a 2nd round pick next year is trading away our future to move up into the top 10 this year? It's giving up 2 picks next season. Giving up your future would be like trading away 2 1st round picks = next year and in 2026 and 2 2nd round picks for example - that would be too much. 

People complain over and over that we never win anything, and we are average but yet the same people don't want Ballard to take any chances to get better.

I think it’s too much. 

but I’m not in the camp of complaining about Ballard’s process either. 

Just now, Zoltan said:

Still waiting @Moosejawcolt  don’t know why you keep dodging. 

what would you consider an acceptable win percentage?

90%… that’s an A right? 

😂 

• Like 1

Just now, ColtStrong2013 said:

I think it’s too much. 

but I’m not in the camp of complaining about Ballard’s process either. 

I am happy with Ballard bringing back most of our players, we have some good players and it is good chemistry wise, but we still lack a huge playmaker and a really good CB.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 7:43 PM, Moosejawcolt said:

Do u ever get there is any sense of urgency with Ballard when he speaks bout the team? I hear a lot of I think they should. He just comes across like a guy who feels that he is safe as long as Irsay is the owner. Smooth talker, I guess, and I tire of the soft ball questions from the media. Your team was like at the bottom of the league and that was against horrendous qb play.  Your 2nd round pick corner couldn't stay healthy. Your other corners are late round picks and one coming back from serious injury. I know it's a presser and he can't give it away but man, you would think his defense is just peachy. I honestly think this D needs so much work both schematically and on the talent side. I do think listening to him, he will trade back. I think that the guys that he really covets will be gone or way too expensive. The  top 3 wrs will be gone as will be Bowers. Mitchell is probably not his guy the Dends will go fast. There might be a guy at say 12 but I think he won't pill the trigger and say give  up a 2nd or 3r rounder. 

It seems like with Ballard it has a Mike Tomlin type of feel. Tomlin knows as long as he can keep the Steelers at least average they won't fire him. He and the owner really get along. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since the 2016 season - let that sink in. Ballard and Irsay get along very well and for the most part in the Ballard era we have been average at worse and not a bad team other than Ballard's 1st year (2017 - Luck was injured so I don't blame Ballard for that) and in (2022). I think by drafting AR, that bought Ballard at least 2 more years because we really won't know how great AR can be for at least 2 more years, unless he just has a surprising breakout season in 2024. If AR pans out, then Ballard deserves to stay but AR bought him more time is the way I see it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am happy with Ballard bringing back most of our players, we have some good players and it is good chemistry wise, but we still lack a huge playmaker and a really good CB.

it’s fair. I just don’t know that I buy the cornerback debate. Yosh uses the chiefs for argument, and I understand it. But what we are attempting to do is what the chiefs had success with. Developing corners and being willing to walk when they hit big. I think it’s likely we see a day 2 corner this draft, but I will be shocked if we take Mitchell or Arnold, even if they are at 15. 

I don’t try and predict much, or more expect much I guess- because I don’t like to build it up that much for my own sake. I wasn’t expecting AR drafted last season, so I was pleasantly surprised. couldn’t believe it actually. I think there is a number of things that can happen that I would be satisfied with Thursday/friday. 

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It seems like with Ballard it has a Mike Tomlin type of feel. Tomlin knows as long as he can keep the Steelers at least average they won't fire him. He and the owner really get along. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since the 2016 season - let that sink in. Ballard and Irsay get along very well and for the most part in the Ballard era we have been average at worse and not a bad team other than Ballard's 1st year (2017 - Luck was injured so I don't blame Ballard for that) and in (2022). I think by drafting AR, that bought Ballard at least 2 more years because we really won't know how great AR can be for at least 2 more years, unless he just has a surprising breakout season in 2024. If AR pans out, then Ballard deserves to stay but AR bought him more time is the way I see it. 

It’s a good analogy here. I think Ballard was given the green light to a new plan with a build on a drafted qb. But more than that, he was given the green light to lead a new coach search and get it right finally. I don’t see his seat being hot this year, and maybe not even next. as long as the team competes and AR’s development with Steichen is obvious, then he’s not going anywhere. That’s my perspective. Could be entirely wrong. But I think a lot of folks are setting themselves up to be further disappointed. Ballard looks to have been given some grace for 6 seasons and a reset with a new direction that started with Irsay firing Frank- allowing Ballard to work through the coach/qb process, leading to hiring Shane and drafting AR. What we saw this offseason was a continuation of the some of the good parts of the first 7 years of Ballard’s drafting/roster building. No doubt the expectations are high for everyone now. I just don’t think there is a timetable on his seat in the executive office…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here’s what I see…

The pass rush you complain about was 4th in the NFL with 51 sacks.  When you complain about lack of pressure, I’m going to introduce you to Charlie Partridge, the new highly regarded DL coach brought in to make his unit even better. 

Regarding that WR to take the top off,  Campbell was hurt 3 of his 4 years and Pierce, for all the complaining people do about him, averages 15 yards a catch.  That’s roughly 3 yards per catch better than Pittman and Pierce should only continue to get better.   You think Pierce is a JAG, I see potential. 

Lol. Don't buy into stats. They set a sack record. Did it feel like they had a dominant pass rush  last year? They couldn't close out games because they couldn't rush the passer in the 4th quarter. If the pass rush is legit based on last year's stats, then why did Ballard pursue Hunter? If they are legit then why mostly likely won't they pick up Paye's fifth year. 

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

There isn’t one he just wants Ballard fired.

If I have to tell u what is an acceptable winning percentage, then u really don't get it.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Yoshinator said:

I'm very open-minded when I get proven wrong. Ballard hasn't proven me wrong at all. His methods suck. Sorry. He's a scout that GMs like a 13-year-old Madden player. You can't build through the draft without using FA and trades in real life. Then he thinks the secondary isn't important when the Chiefs proved otherwise last year by having two elite CBs that helped carried them to another SB title when Mahomes was average. 

You can't teach an old dog new tricks apparently. 

I have more faith in the Colts as I think Steichen  carries a lot of weight in that building. He will build the offence and now Ballard and Gus can focus on thr D which HD hasn't been able to build in 7 years.

• Like 2

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Lol. Don't buy into stats. They set a sack record. Did it feel like they had a dominant pass rush  last year? They couldn't close out games because they couldn't rush the passer in the 4th quarter. If the pass rush is legit based on last year's stats, then why did Ballard pursue Hunter? If they are legit then why mostly likely won't they pick up Paye's fifth year. 

I don’t expect Paye to have his 5th year option picked up.  But I expect Paye to be a Colt again next year.   Ballard isn’t afraid to go the distance before re-signing players.  Just look at all the Colts players he re-signed a month ago.   I know that’s a long time ago to remember.    Lol. 

The 51 sack stat is what it is.  It’s legit.  There are many teams who would kill to have 51 sacks.   And as I said in my post to you, (and you ignored) the Colts hired the best DL coach this off-season.  A coach that could’ve gone anywhere he wanted and he came to Indy.  Ballard is trying to get the most out of his entire DL.  As for Hunter?   Why should that surprise anyone?   He could play RDE and rotate with Ebukam.  Ballard is always looking for more pass rush.  Every year.   lol. 

I’ll let you get back to posting more anti-Ballard rants.  When you get on a roll, it’s really quite impressive!   LOL!

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am still trying to figure out how trading this year's 15th, next year's 1st Round pick and even a 2nd round pick next year is trading away our future to move up into the top 10 this year? It's giving up 2 picks next season. 

I just think it’s a couple years too soon for that type of trade. If we had a top 12 defense and AR had played great last year I would be liking every post you have about trading up. I just see that type of capital as two starters and a key backup. One of the picks would probably not pan out but if the colts could hit on two starters and one of them is pro bowl capable, it’s better for the team now. I like how you’re thinking though. 

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

There isn’t one he just wants Ballard fired.

Yeah, that's where I was going. If you consistently say "______ isn't enough" Yet you don't have a parameter which you would consider a success you can never think that person is successful. Frankly it's a sad way to think always living with disappointment.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

Yeah, that's where I was going. If you consistently say "______ isn't enough" Yet you don't have a parameter which you would consider a success you can never think that person is successful. Frankly it's a sad way to think always living with disappointment.

There’s a lot of setting themselves up for disappointment on this forum. Those in the fire Ballard camp would be happy and excited for a few years and then back to reality, which is the “always living with disappointment” you speak of. I like reading this forum around draft time for the quality discussion it brings in possibilities but there is a lot of people already setting themselves up to be disappointed. “If a or b players are at 15, we HAVE to take them.” And when we don’t? Cue the anti-Ballard sentiment and alarm bells on the colts.com forum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/5/2024 at 11:10 PM, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Look I am who I am. If you don’t like the way I express myself you could just skip over the post. I have never been great at expressing thoughts but that doesn’t give you the right to jump on me like a pack of wolves when I post something you don’t like. Sorry I am not good enough for you or express myself as well as you think everyone should.  I used to find this place enjoyable because I could talk football with everyone. I don’t have people in my life who like football. So being able to talk football is enjoyable to me. But it’s not enjoyable when people are rude and inconsiderate and make others feel silly.

I was wondering what happened to you. I think you did a good job defending yourself. You should not let others take away your love of football or of this site.

Hopefully I will see some of your posts on the draft.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I was wondering what happened to you. I think you did a good job defending yourself. You should not let others take away your love of football or of this site.

Agreed. Chloe is missed and I hope she returns for the draft. We all love the Colts and football and there is room under the sun for variety of opinions without people being rude to eachother. I know people are passionate about their opinions and things can get heated once in a while, but it's good to remember at the end of the day we are all fans of the same game/team and we want the best for that team. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Let's be honest here.

It was the Ballard Mafia that went after her

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Let's be honest here.

Ballard Mafia? I think I may be among those. 😂 (I'm a fan of Ballard's.)

Seriously, there is no reason for anyone to go after any member. There is no reason to ridicule or bait people. Some here do that.

All sides have to keep in mind that when people are silenced, you lose what makes this forum great. Exchanging different ideas makes the forum more fun. Imagine if everyone wrote the same opinions and thoughts. It would be boring.

All the best on the draft! (If Ballard drafts Bowers, will you join Ballard Mafia? :) )

• Like 5

10 hours ago, PRnum1 said:

Let's be honest here.

That is a very inaccurate description of what happened.  At this point it’s history and doesn’t need to be revisited but I will say Chloe adds value to this board and should be and is by most encouraged to post, even if people don’t always agree with her.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Ballard Mafia? I think I may be among those. 😂 (I'm a fan of Ballard's.)

Seriously, there is no reason for anyone to go after any member. There is no reason to ridicule or bait people. Some here do that.

All sides have to keep in mind that when people are silenced, you lose what makes this forum great. Exchanging different ideas makes the forum more fun. Imagine if everyone wrote the same opinions and thoughts. It would be boring.

All the best on the draft! (If Ballard drafts Bowers, will you join Ballard Mafia? :) )

oh this is real sweet coming from you

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

That is a very inaccurate description of what happened.  At this point it’s history and doesn’t need to be revisited but I will say Chloe adds value to this board and should be and is by most encouraged to post, even if people don’t always agree with her.  

There's plenty of active people on this forum in the last year or so that actively look to insult/berate people they don't agree with, especially towards Chloe and a few others. I've been on this forum since I was like 13 in 2009 and it's been pretty rough reading a thread now without some sort of squabble happening lol. Maybe it's a product of the social media age, but it's frankly annoying that some people aren't able to just ignore something they don't agree with, or at least attempt to make a response that isn't a cheap shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 4/21/2024 at 10:39 AM, GoColts8818 said:

Does it matter where he got him?  People praised Polian all the time for finding undrafted guys, the most notable being Jeff Saturday, and yet some how it’s a strike against Ballard.  I am sorry, and maybe this isn’t your point, but when people go but Ballard didn’t draft this guy it sounds like trying to find a technicality to avoid having to give Ballard credit for acquiring a good player.

Wow that's not at all my point. A poster seemed to state that CB had drafted K. Moore, and I simply said that he was an FA, not a draft pick. There was no hidden meaning in that, just stating a fact. I actually like CB.

• Like 2