Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Update on AR

Lines up well with what Ballard said in an interview (with McAfee or Eisen?) that he'd just watched AR throw 65 passes the day before the interview.

• Like 1

Just like what Ballard and Steichen said. They have both said for weeks he would be ready for OTA. 

43 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

Excellent news!  I do believe they will take a cautious approach at first though.

He has been throwing for weeks. Nothing to be cautious about.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Just like what Ballard and Steichen said. They have both said for weeks he would be ready for OTA. 

He has been throwing for weeks. Nothing to be cautious about.

As I age I tend to be more cautious, lol!  While I completely understnd your point, I still would hope that caution in the beginning would be the Colts mindset.

• Like 2

AR is 100%.  The more he uses his shoulder the stronger it’ll get.  Remember, AR didn’t have to get the surgery, they got it to be safe.  Now it’s time for him to build up the strength of his shoulder and get it back to game level.

hes fine.  What’s more important right now is him getting a full off season program in.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I'm just happy we're finally getting an off-season with no drama. 

2023- JT's Contract

2022 - Kenny's holdout or lack there of

2021 - the Wentz fall out

Me too and we got a good head coach heading into the season as well. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Young athletic people heal quicker and better than beer belly bongo players. 

That may be…but the beer and the bongos makes that time more enjoyable for us. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

2023- JT's Contract

Don’t jinx it!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It’s just OTA so I doubt they will go as hard as TC.

Yeah. The key thing now is working with his wideouts. Get the timing down, feel the speed of each guy. Footwork, footwork, footwork! (Though it was pretty good for a rookie last season)

• Like 4

They will put a chip in him and play the music to "Electric Slide", or Goo Goo Dolls' "So why don't you slide...". and like the Manchurian candidate, he will slide on a dime :) 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

Young athletic people heal quicker and better than beer belly bongo players. 

How’d you know I play the bongo’s?

🫣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

I hope that he's a "full go" into the NFL's strength and conditioning program.

AR even admitted he wasn't fully ready for the speed and power of NFL players. So I would think strength and conditioning is going to be a huge priority this summer.

Not to get all doom and gloom, but I hope he's not one of those guys who gets hurt all the time. Between his Sr year of HS and 4 games into his NFL career, he has at least suffered two AC sprains, a torn meniscus and multiple concussions. That might not seem too bad, until you realize it doesn't even encompass 30 starts at QB. That's less than two full seasons in the NFL. And if a player had that many injuries across 2-3 years in the NFL, I think people would view him differently than they do AR.

But that said, it's prob just as likely he ends up like Stafford and this is a just a bump in the road to a long career.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

AR even admitted he wasn't fully ready for the speed and power of NFL players. So I would think strength and conditioning is going to be a huge priority this summer.

Not to get all doom and gloom, but I hope he's not one of those guys who gets hurt all the time. Between his Sr year of HS and 4 games into his NFL career, he has at least suffered two AC sprains, a torn meniscus and multiple concussions. That might not seem too bad, until you realize it doesn't even encompass 30 starts at QB. That's less than two full seasons in the NFL. And if a player had that many injuries across 2-3 years in the NFL, I think people would view him differently than they do AR.

But that said, it's prob just as likely he ends up like Stafford and this is a just a bump in the road to a long career.

He seems like he was a college player that may have been thrust into a starting role because of natural gifts, perhaps without full immersion into the programs.  He improved his accuracy at least a little bit in the short time he received NFL coaching, so maybe with attention to S&C, he'll make some noticeable jumps in that area too.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2024 at 9:40 PM, chad72 said:

They will put a chip in him and play the music to "Electric Slide", or Goo Goo Dolls' "So why don't you slide...". and like the Manchurian candidate, he will slide on a dime :) 

I actually love this idea. Play it loud. And play in twice in a row. Once to remind AR to slide, and the second to remind AD about how the first round of the draft went for him. 

Double motivation. And I really want to see AD playing with a chip on his shoulder this season. All out, every snap! 

18 hours ago, DougDew said:

He seems like he was a college player that may have been thrust into a starting role because of natural gifts, perhaps without full immersion into the programs.  He improved his accuracy at least a little bit in the short time he received NFL coaching, so maybe with attention to S&C, he'll make some noticeable jumps in that area too.

That's the hope, right. The real concern is that with the type of QB he is, avoiding hits isn't going to really be an option. He will have to get smarter about taking those hits and how he absorbs him.

• Like 2

It's crazy to think AR is still growing into his body, but he is.

Injuries like this require you to have more intentional workouts, and to focus on building muscle the right way. He will likely come back stronger than before the injury. I'm mostly hoping they've trained him to avoid hits and to not participate in potentially dangerous activities, like snowboarding. 😅🥲

I'm calling it now so it's out there; (barring injury) AR makes the Pro Bowl this season. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Chris simms and Mike Florio just said same thing on their video. He looks the same to me.

No he looks bulky. He's a lot bigger then last season.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2024 at 4:32 PM, CR91 said:

2023- JT's Contract

We still have 4+ months to go.

:hide:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DattMavis said:

It's crazy to think AR is still growing into his body, but he is.

Injuries like this require you to have more intentional workouts, and to focus on building muscle the right way. He will likely come back stronger than before the injury. I'm mostly hoping they've trained him to avoid hits and to not participate in potentially dangerous activities, like snowboarding. 😅🥲

I'm calling it now so it's out there; (barring injury) AR makes the Pro Bowl this season. 

When AR got injured, I strongly felt it was partially due to injury he had to his shoulder in college and that it wasn't rehabbed correctly. I am happy he got the surgery and has taken the time with the top medical advisors to rehab his arm. It should be back to where it was if not stronger. Given his age, I rather this happen now than in the future when his body is a bit more beat up.

I think he's going to have a big season this year. Going to have his growing pains obviously but is definitely going to surprise some people with his accuracy and pocket awareness (very natural feel/navigation from what we saw). Pair that up with some Steichen magic and this team is primed for some competitive play against anyone in the league.

Zaire was recently on Chris Long's podcast and the topic of CJ Stroud came up. Zaire said that he was frustrated about some of the stuff Stroud was talking on radio row at the Superbowl. CJ apparently said that he carved the Colts up both times. Zaire had to remind him that A) he hasn't beaten Anthony and B) the first game when Anthony played the Colts were up like 28-7 in the 2nd quarter and playing nearly full prevent defense. It was nice to see the fire from Zaire about both AR and against CJ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

No he looks bulky. He's a lot bigger then last season.

I doubt it.   Photography can be misleading.   

For the record, AR was 234 in college.  Showed up at the combine at 244.  Then at one point with the Colts said he was in the low 250’s.  But it’s not clear if he stayed at that weight or lost some of it. 

So do you think he’s in the 250’s now?   Heavier?   Honestly, the team typically updates the roster in mid-June.   So I’m reluctant to believe anything until the website gets updated.  Again, a camera angle can make a person look taller or shorter, heavier or lighter.  Just saying. 

NOTE:   FWIW:  just checked.  This website currently lists AR at 244. 

• Like 2