Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

2 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Funny today has been active for colts but with their own players. 

Could very well be that these guys wanted to see what the open market showed and when it didn’t come in as they hoped they signed their offers with the Colts.

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Yeah rigo is important but not too worried that won’t get done. Unless there is someone in the draft. Apparently there is an Iowa punter that is really good. 

Yeah I could see them going either way on Rigo.  Let’s not forget Ballard spent big on a kicker last year.  I wouldn’t even rule out a free agent punter if Ballard likes one more.  I just listed the guys I could see the Colts bringing back beyond Moore and Blackmon.

4 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Funny today has been active for colts but with their own players. 

All good though. May not be as exciting as getting the shiny new player, but they are all important. Moore next please. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah I could see them going either way on Rigo.  Let’s not forget Ballard spent big on a kicker last year.  I wouldn’t even rule out a free agent punter if Ballard likes one more.  I just listed the guys I could see the Colts bringing back beyond Moore and Blackmon.

We could go get the Iowa Punt God early in the draft!:scratch:

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I think he was at ten million per year before. So a slight raise. 

These extensions shouldn’t affect the cap much. Because they are extensions and not new signings.

That's what I thought. Almost the same money per year. Thought he could have gotten more, but I'm not complaining! 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Yeah, ready for some new blood news

It's not just that for me. I think the Colts had an opportunity to recalibrate the roster, to reassign cap to more valuable positions, etc. But we're giving more money to a non-pass rush DL (who is now in his 30s, btw), a limited LB, etc. It's like we're leaning into the same roster/cap configuration that has kept us below the top tier teams in the league.

I'd be fine with not signing top tier guys, I never expected that anyway. But would rather have kept the powder dry than continue to pay non premium guys.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My estimation on how much cap we have used today and how much we have left.

Franklin + $3m

Pittman - $5m

Lewis + $5m

Stewart + $10m

$18m off the cap.

So sitting about $31-$35m currently in my estimate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

If it was true colts were offering Kenny top Slot money he should be back.

There are only so many coins you can put in for slot money. :)  j/k

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

It's not just that for me. I think the Colts had an opportunity to recalibrate the roster, to reassign cap to more valuable positions, etc. But we're giving more money to a non-pass rush DL (who is now in his 30s, btw), a limited LB, etc. It's like we're leaning into the same roster/cap configuration that has kept us below the top tier teams in the league.

I'd be fine with not signing top tier guys, I never expected that anyway. But would rather have kept the powder dry than continue to pay non premium guys.

We'd still need to replace them though. Do you think we overpaid for Stewart and Franklin? 

19 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Autry signed with Texans. I think that’s funny he keeps going around the AFCS.

I think it’s pathetic that we let him go and didn’t even sniff bringing him back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1