Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Hes getting paid 3M per a sack

He had 5 sacks last year per PFF(4 per PFR)... his salary is like... 6M per year... that's about 1.2-1.5 per sack... Buckner is getting paid 21M per year for 8 sacks... 2.6M per sack I guess... 

I don’t think I’ve seen any contracts today that I wish the Colts had made.  I’d be stewing that we overpaid on pretty much all the deals other teams have made.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You realize that Gus had input in deciding to bring Lewis back…..

yu realize they both suck n thier mediocrity goes hand n hand … my point was gus is bad but having avg players doesn’t help him either 

• Like 1

Is Ballard doing anything surprising?  He said that the priority is to sign our own.  He's signed Pittman, Franklin, Stewart, Lewis, and Anderson.  And Minshew got paid to be a starter.  It's just Moore, Blackmon, Sanchez, and Moss left on the "priority" board.  Just as he said he was going to do.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Is Ballard doing anything surprising?  He said that the priority is to sign our own.  He's signed Pittman, Franklin, Stewart, Lewis, and Anderson.  And Minshew got paid to be a starter.  It's just Moore, Blackmon, Sanchez, and Moss left on the "priority" board.  Just as he said he was going to do.

The one I am really hoping for is Moore but I think he’s been setting the stage to let him walk since he said you can’t keep everyone when asked about him.  I hope I am wrong though.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

The one I am really hoping for is Moore but I think he’s been setting the stage to let him walk since he said you can’t keep everyone when asked about him.  I hope I am wrong though.

He said he wanted him back. All this comes down to what another team wants to pay him.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

I don’t think I’ve seen any contracts today that I wish the Colts had made.  I’d be stewing that we overpaid on pretty much all the deals other teams have made.

100% this^^^^^^.

3 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Just wonder if Ballard is in discussions with fairly big name outside DB (Snead possibly) and that’s why we’re waiting on news with Kenny. 

I told my best friend that I think we are going to trade for Sneed in the next couple days and that will be our "big move". Same as Buckner in 2019.

2 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

We also have just started. We have to let this all play out. No doubt he is going to address the secondary in FA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

He also said that he plans to be aggressive in FA this year. So I can see why people think this year will be different with AR under a rookie contract and from what Ballard said in the conference presser.

7 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I told you above Lewis was in on a lot of plays at the end of games that won us games. He is the perfect rotational guy and got paid like one. Sacks are not the end all to everything. It’s how you can effect the QB.

and i’ve told yu against good teams n good qbs gus “schemes” n lewis “pressures”  are nowhere to be found … but keep your opinion & i’ll keep mine. i have no interest furthering discussion about average players 

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He said he wanted him back. All this comes down to what another team wants to pay him.

After he said you can’t keep them all, the I want him back came across as very much GM speak to me but I hope I am wrong and they keep him.

1 minute ago, Yoshinator said:

He also said that he plans to be aggressive in FA this year. So I can see why people think this year will be different with AR under a rookie contract and from what Ballard said in the conference presser.

Looking forward to what "aggressive" looks like for Ballard.  :D:D:D 

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshinator said:

I told my best friend that I think we are going to trade for Snead in the next couple days and that will be our "big move". Same as Buckner in 2019.

I think so too.  We need to improve the 28th ranked defense with a difference maker somewhere.  Now that we have resigned a number of core players a big move should be coming.  Most likely Snead and he would be our big splash acquisition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

God I wish I could smash the like button harder for this post.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Archer said:

That is a very good point to be honest

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think so too.  We need to improve the 28th ranked defense with a difference maker somewhere.  Now that we have resigned a number of core players a big move should be coming.  Most likely Snead and he would be our big splash acquisition.

Yeah, I could see us trading our 2nd round pick for him. That would allow us to trade down in the draft potentially in the 1st round, recoup the pick, and make it so we aren't dependent on drafting a CB in the draft.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Archer said:

I wish we gave this contract instead of the Franklin one...

• Like 1

Ballard really needs to pick up a veteran CB who's a steady presence on the field and in the locker room.  Not sure who that is, but there are a few available.  Plenty of Safety's out there too, but I like our group if he re-signs Blackmon.

I think that's the only real "need".  Every other position would be "nice to have" and I'm sure would improve the team.  But that CB room is awful thin.

Small correction.

I had us at using up $18m in cap space today 

Franklin +$3m

Lewis +$5m

Stewart +$10m

Pittman -$5m(save money)

It is actually $13m.

Franklin, Stewart, Lewis + $18m

Pittman saves $5m from franchise tag number

So that is net $13m off the cap.

So we should actually be around $36-$41m left currently.(rough estimate till official numbers are released)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Yoshinator said:

Yeah, I could see us trading our 2nd round pick for him. That would allow us to trade down in the draft potentially in the 1st round, recoup the pick, and make it so we aren't dependent on drafting a CB in the draft.

I’m hoping it’s a 3rd and a 5th.  Ballard coming from the Chiefs should help move this along.  Either way I have a feeling it gets done.  His young age also makes this a very compelling trade.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, w87r said:

Small correction.

I had us at using up $18m in cap space today 

Franklin +$3m

Lewis +$5m

Stewart +$10m

Pittman -$5m(save money)

It is actually $13m.

Franklin, Stewart, Lewis + $18m

Pittman saves $5m from franchise tag number

So that is net $13m off the cap.

So we should actually be around $36-$41m left currently.(rough estimate till official numbers are released)

That’s still good with all the signing of our own  today.

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

I wish we gave this contract instead of the Franklin one...

yu mean yud rather have given this contract to this guys instead of franklin ?? just asking for clarity on what yu mean 

bc franklin has to be paid, he’s a leader on the field and en the lockeroom … brings good energy n prolly one of ballards better draft picks 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Tell him.

We could've signed these guys yesterday Chris.

We need to be talking to players from other teams today.

I know we are, just clowning, but seriously, we could of done this stuff yesterday.

Good to be back to hitting show Chloe post quickly to see if it's news

My guess is most of these guys wanted to test their market and found that the colts would pay them the best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

That’s still good with all the signing of our own  today.

Not too bad. Just my estimates, could be more or less.

Still have plenty to go after some guys 

52 minutes ago, runthepost said:

We overpaid Lewis IMO

How so? Vet minimum is 1.80 million this year… Lewis signed for basically 2 million and change average. Not gonna get much cheaper than that

2 minutes ago, w87r said:

Not too bad. Just my estimates, could be more or less.

Still have plenty to go after some guys 

Yep and then there’s always the cap games such as releasing Mo Allie Cox or restructuring this player or that player 

3 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

yu mean yud rather have given this contract to this guys instead of franklin ?? just asking for clarity on what yu mean 

bc franklin has to be paid, he’s a leader on the field and en the lockeroom … brings good energy n prolly one of ballards better draft picks 

Yes. Luvu is better player than Franklin. A lot better. I'd rather us give him that contract than what we gave to Franklin. 

• Like 1

Just now, stitches said:

Yes. Luvu is better player than Franklin. A lot better. I'd rather us give him that contract than what we gave to Franklin. 

What measure stick you basing that off of? Not saying you’re wrong, I’m curious

31 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Sanchez sucks, need to move on. 

Blackman and Moore I’d like to see back but for the right price.

Moss, same but lesser impact

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

How so? Vet minimum is 1.80 million this year… Lewis signed for basically 2 million and change average. Not gonna get much cheaper than that

Yep and then there’s always the cap games such as releasing Mo Allie Cox or restructuring this player or that player 

Two million and change average?   The reports are Lewis received roughly 2/12 with about 7m guaranteed.   That’s what I’ve been reading here.  

Just now, stitches said:

so now that i understand what yu mean that’s litterally not smart … franklin is pivotal to the colts program … listen to how he carries himself and the ppl around him, he’s integral to how yu build a team … another guy might be better en your opinion but they aren’t home grown and may not hold the attitude or have the chemistry that zaire has earned since he’s been en INDY.  

a late round pick that worked his way to what he is is invaluable to the team