Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts offseason discussion / Ballard Grievances (merge)

Just now, Jackie Daytona said:

Guys who are loved in locker rooms generally are not the same guys who cause divisions....

It's not like some are just gonna say, hey I like AR.... but I like Fields a little bit more....

I meant some want him to start and others want Richardson. Not that he is a bad guy. He had great character. If things get tough what happens when some in locker room want fields.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Colts would have a cap hit of  6 million for Fields. Guys in Chicago love him in the locker room so not sure I would chance anything on a divided locker room.

6 million 

It's the draft compensation I'm worried about.. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Unless they think it’s Sam as that’s what they have been grooming him for and this is the last year of his rookie contract so it’s put up or shut up time with him.

That's gonna be the question, isn't it?  Can Sam be the primary backup or not?  We're no longer a "let's just get AR5 some experience" team.  We're expected to be in the playoffs.  And if AR5 goes down, can Sam actually do it or not?

1 minute ago, Patrick Miller said:

Dude is mediocre and has had problems staying healthy.

He’s been solid and yes health has been a concern which is why he’s had back-to-back one year deals and is only getting a two year deal now.  Still when he’s been healthy he’s been a very solid player for them overall.  Not everyone can be Dwight Freeney or a Robert Mathis.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

That's gonna be the question, isn't it?  Can Sam be the primary backup or not?  We're no longer a "let's just get AR5 some experience" team.  We're expected to be in the playoffs.  And if AR5 goes down, can Sam actually do it or not?

It’s an option and if it’s not what they go with I question the logic of keeping him on the active roster, especially last year (pre-Richardson injury) but it’s not what they HAVE to do.  They could easily bring in another QB.  As they say this is why Ballard gets paid the big bucks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, cbear said:

Stewart deal kind of cheap no? 

Actually I thought it was a bit rich for him. For only a run stopping DT I prefer not spending 10 mil or more a year for them. He doesn’t help in pass rush. I would’ve hoped for around 8 mil per season for him. 

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

Haha it's starting once again (Like every year) there is growing anger of not making any splash signings when Ballard specifically said he won't pay B players, A money

Or guys who you think are A players franchise crippling money if you get it wrong.  That’s why Ballard has always had cap space to keep his own since he’s been here.

• Like 1

Just now, Zoltan said:

Haha it's starting once again (Like every year) there is growing anger of not making any splash signings when Ballard specifically said he won't pay B players, A money

The problem is a lot of these players are not “B” players. 

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

2/25 for Minshew!   Good for him.   He earned that off what he did last year.  

Curious about our backup QB situation…. I like Sam, but not that much.  Hoping for a veteran of some type.  

Nothing personal against Sam, but I'm not sure why he's on the roster.  Maybe he's really good in the film room and on the scout team?  He's never going to be an NFL QB.

• Like 1

Just now, Smonroe said:

Nothing personal against Sam, but I'm not sure why he's on the roster.  Maybe he's really good in the film room and on the scout team?  He's never going to be an NFL QB.

Because every team is keeping 3 quarterbacks now.

1 minute ago, runthepost said:

Hes getting paid 3M per a sack

Now go look at his pressure rate. If you go back this past season he was the one pressuring the QB at end of games that resulted in wins.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Am I missing something, he played in all 17 games last year. He was healthy all year. 

healthy n average … y’all wanna blame gus all the time but players like lewis are littered around the nfl … he’s nothing special, this isnt the participation league 

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize he was 3rd on colts in pressures. That’s with limited snaps.

I'm good with re-signing Tyquan Lewis.  No, he's not a prime time starter.  But he can play 3 different positions on the D line.  He's great for when you're short handed, or when you're rotating people out to get a breather.  And he's not gonna cost a fortune.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

You realize he was 3rd on colts in pressures. That’s with limited snaps.

ok what does that mean …. bc when the colts play top tier offenses QBs arent phased by his “pressures” him n gus suck sorry 

1 hour ago, w87r said:

Tell him.

We could've signed these guys yesterday Chris.

We need to be talking to players from other teams today.

I know we are, just clowning, but seriously, we could of done this stuff yesterday.

Good to be back to hitting show Chloe post quickly to see if it's news

Eight Years

THIS is the year that Ballard will get THAT FA......

7 years.......... SAME SAME

Why do I think he will actually do more than build the bottom of the roster with FA?

:(

14 minutes ago, runthepost said:

We overpaid Lewis IMO

Highest pressure rate on the team.  He earned it after being underpaid.  Team leader.  

McKinney is the only one I’ve been disappointed about.  There are other free safety’s though.  Diggs, Simmons, Gilman.  

• Like 1

Just now, John Hammonds said:

I'm good with re-signing Tyquan Lewis.  No, he's not a prime time starter.  But he can play 3 different positions on the D line.  He's great for when you're short handed, or when you're rotating people out to get a breather.  And he's not gonna cost a fortune.

Like I said he’s the kind of guy you need to win.  You know how everyone complains about “depth” he’s depth and that’s not insult to him, depth guys are also part of the rotation like he is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

healthy n average … y’all wanna blame gus all the time but players like lewis are littered around the nfl … he’s nothing special, this isnt the participation league 

You realize that Gus had input in deciding to bring Lewis back…..

• Thanks 1

Cycle of Colts off-season.

Colts have money to spend

Fans ignore Ballard’s track record and develop shopping lists that will never happen

Ballard spends money on his own

Fans get mad he didn’t spend money on big name free agents in the opening hours of free agency <—— We are here.

Ballard does sign a couple of solid free agents who have major impact on the roster that fans bemoan when signed.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MFT5 said:

ok what does that mean …. bc when the colts play top tier offenses QBs arent phased by his “pressures” him n gus suck sorry 

I told you above Lewis was in on a lot of plays at the end of games that won us games. He is the perfect rotational guy and got paid like one. Sacks are not the end all to everything. It’s how you can effect the QB.

Lewis - 55.6(79/106), 55(88/107), 58.7(81/112), 56.6(85/111), 63(62/114), 67.6(46/111), 72.8(32/109), 70.1(44/113), 70.6(42/107), 70.1(45/106), 69.5(44/106), 72.9(41/109), 73.1(38/108), 75.7(35/111), 76.1(34/113), 73.2(44/114), 73.7(42/114)

Graded out top 1/3 in the league.

64 players are starters he grades out well within the starter grades.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3