Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2024: Game #3, Bears @ Colts, September 22, 2024, 1 PM ET

NFLfan

Bears @ Colts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will Taylor break 100 yards rushing in this game?

2. 2. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2024 at 12:15 PM

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

When developing a young QB, if you have a superstar RB, you should use him. Steichen’s play calling is bizzare

And the passing play calls are odd.  They are trying to make Richardson a pocket QB like Manning, that’s not his game.  He’s at his best moving.  If they want a pocket QB they should have taken Levis, although that’s not going well in Tennessee either.

• Like 3

Just now, Moosejawcolt said:

Maybe that's the plan much like Manning. They want to put him in positions where he has to be a qb more than an athlete. We know he can run but we need to find out if he can throw. In the end, that's what he will have to do in order to be that guy.

I secretly think that’s been the plan this year to get him up to speed quickly. Repetition Repetition repetition. However! There still needs to be some more use of his athleticism 

Just now, azcolt said:

No I would like a champion but the worst thing possible is being not bad enough to replace AR. 0-17 is much better than the  4-13 or so that they might eke out. They certainly won’t win even the 8 of last year and of course winning 8 hurt us in the draft.

How do you know we won’t win 8 games? Last I checked, we haven’t finished 3 games. Didn’t realize you were Nostradamus

Just now, chickenMan said:

AR hasn’t played very well, but Steichen isn’t helping him. That goal line INT from AR was a stupid decision, but that starts with the dumb play call there. Don’t ask your rookie QB to play a bootleg option and make a throw within 6 inches in the end zone. That’s just stupid.

And that's him going left... right handed QB moving left and throwing are some of the hardest throws for any QB, let alone one that has well documented problems with touch and accuracy in the short range. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, stitches said:

And that's him going left... right handed QB moving left and throwing are some of the hardest throws for any QB, let alone one that has well documented problems with touch and accuracy in the short range. 

Steichen is play calling like he has Mahomes at QB instead of a very raw rookie QB

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Hi there. Hi 👋. Your wife's team is killing my survival pool. I was sure the Bucs would beat the Broncos in Tampa.

Im surprised they are cooking them today! Have a buddy that is losing his mind right now with them winning. Can they pull of the upset??

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Maybe that's the plan much like Manning. They want to put him in positions where he has to be a qb more than an athlete. We know he can run but we need to find out if he can throw. In the end, that's what he will have to do in order to be that guy.

Possibly. I just think that would be a braindead approach. Teach him how to run an NFL offense and get comfortable with what he sees before trying to get him to be the next Manning.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

How did Joe Flacco in the playoffs work out for a significantly better Browns team last year?

Flacco was horrible for the Jets. I did not think he would play another down in the NFL.

• Like 2

Just now, Solid84 said:

Possibly. I just think that would be a braindead approach. Teach him how to run an NFL offense and get comfortable with what he sees before trying to get him to be the next Manning.

The Ravens don’t ask Lamar to be a pocket passer because they know that would be silly. AR is not a pure pocket passer, it’s a square peg in a round hole

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

And the passing play calls are odd.  They are trying to make Richardson a pocket QB like Manning, that’s not his game.  He’s at his best moving.  If they want a pocket QB they should have taken Levis, although that’s not going well in Tennessee either.

Exactly my sentiment.   He's dropping back most shotgun passes like a pocket passer.  I'd like to see more designed roll outs.  He seems to be a better passer when moving around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Put Flacco in and get another 9-8 season, for eternity.

Would rather have a 0-16 season followed by a top draft pick, than another mediocre season. A swing and a miss is better than half-arsing it.

I don't think Ballard (or even Steichen) would survive another season that results in us having another top 5 pick - if it were mid season and we weren't anywhere near .500, I think Ballard would dictate that Flacco play and try to save the season and if Shane refused, he'd probably be fired since Ballard would know that he's gone too if the season goes entirely south.

1 minute ago, adubb84 said:

Im surprised they are cooking them today! Have a buddy that is losing his mind right now with them winning. Can they pull of the upset??

Maybe. The Vikes are pulling an upset. But the officials seem intent to keep the Texans on this game. We had a clear fumble recovery but the officials nullified it saying the Texans receiver did not catch the ball.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Flacco was horrible for the Jets. I did not think he would play another down in the NFL.

But he was good for Cleveland last season, got them to the playoffs and I know Browns fans that wanted the team to keep him.

Just now, Solid84 said:

Like Steve Young infamously said. In the playoffs, u have to be able to play as a qb and be able to throw the ball as teams r to good. U see it with Lamar and with all love thrown at these athletic qbs. It is the guy that can effectively play the postion as a thrower that wins the Super Bowl

• Like 1