Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tell me about you as a Colts fan!

Happy2BeHere

Tell me about you as a fan!  

134 members have voted

1. 1. About what year did you become a Colts fan?

2. 2. Are you a diehard fan of any other NFL team besides the Colts?

3. 3. Have you attended a Colts game live?

4. 4. Where did you see the Colts live ?

5. 5. We’re you born in Indiana?

6. 6. Where do you currently live?

• Indiana
    • Somewhere in the U.S.A. (Other than Indiana)
    • Canada
    • Somewhere other than the U.S.A. / Canada

1. Became a fan in 1984. I voted 81-85.

2. Voted No.

3. Voted Yes.

4. RCA Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium, and I also went to a Colts game in 2004 at Chicago.

5. I was born in Indiana 

6. I live in Indiana.

I have been a fan since 1984, have been to around 50 games = RCA Dome and Lucas Oil Stadium. I went to a game at Chicago in 2004. I have seen the Cowboys live in 1999 at the RCA Dome, and was at the 4th and 2 game at Lucas Oil vs the Pats = my 2 signature games i have been too. We won both games. I have seen the Titans, Jaguars, and Texans multiple times at the RCA Dome/Lucas Oil.

Last game I went to was in 2013 at Lucas Oil when Luck put it on the Texans. 

• Like 4

Born in '69 so anybody that understands the Colts understands I don't like the NY Jets. Voted 1976-80, guessing was old enough by then to remember Bert Jones, Lydell Mitchell and Roger Carr. When they moved from Bmore I tried to find another team but the Colts had my heart so No, not a fan of any other team. Seen them play at Memorial Stadium in Bmore, LOS, @ Ravens and @ Washington. Born in southern Maryland..still live in southern MD  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

1. Became a fan in 1984. I voted 81-85.

2. Voted No.

3. Voted Yes.

4. RCA Dome, Lucas Oil Stadium, and I also went to a Colts game in 2004 at Chicago.

5. I was born in Indiana 

6. I live in Indiana.

I have been a fan since 1984, have been to around 50 games = RCA Dome and Lucas Oil Stadium. I went to a game at Chicago in 2004. I have seen the Cowboys live in 1999 at the RCA Dome, and was at the 4th and 2 game at Lucas Oil vs the Pats = my 2 signature games i have been too. We won both games. I have seen the Titans, Jaguars, and Texans multiple times at the RCA Dome/Lucas Oil.

Last game I went to was in 2013 at Lucas Oil when Luck put it on the Texans. 

To follow this up, 1st game I ever went too was in 1987, I was 16. We played the Tampa bay Buccaneers. Dickerson almost had 200 yards rushing, we won big and won the AFC East. I also seen the Chargers live in 1996. I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph that day. 

I also seen the Jets at the RCA Dome 4 times. 2000 was the last time. We won that game in 2000. Memories lol.

I went to the playoff game vs the Broncos in 2004, that is pretty signature. We blew them out. Only playoff game I have ever been too. The Dome was rocking.

• Like 5

• NFLfan pinned and featured this topic

2003 I rooted for them against the pats when we failed 4 times from the 1. I then cheered for their revenge in 2004 AFCCG. Then once again to open the 2004 Season. I learned to hate the pats that September as well as like the Colts. (I also drafted Manning in one of my first years playing fantasy in 2004, so naturally I tried to watch as many games as I could. Then he threw 49 TDs and helped me win.)

I'm not a fan of any other sports team as much as much of as the colts.

Never been to any games live sadly.

Was born in Connecticut. Became a military brat and traveled for years, then came back and have been in Connecticut for the past 15 years.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

2003 I rooted for them against the pats when we failed 4 times from the 1. I then cheered for their revenge in 2004 AFCCG. Then once again to open the 2004 Season. I learned to hate the pats that September as well as like the Colts. (I also drafted Manning in one of my first years playing fantasy in 2004, so naturally I tried to watch as many games as I could. Then he threw 49 TDs and helped me win.)

I'm not a fan of any other sports team as much as much of as the colts.

Never been to any games live sadly.

Was born in Connecticut. Became a military brat and traveled for years, then came back and have been in Connecticut for the past 15 years.

I have been to so many Jaguars, Texans, Titans games that I have lost count. From 2002-2013, a group of 4 of us would always go to the division games every year. Tickets were cheap to those games. We would pick 2 or 3 games every year and make a day out of it, then eat at St Elmo. I was lucky in 2009 to be able to go to the 4th and 2 Pats game. Those tickets were given to me and my friends as a gift. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have been to so many Jaguars, Texans, Titans games that I have lost count. From 2002-2013, a group of 4 us would always go the division games every year. Tickets were cheap to those games. We would pick 2 or 3 games every year and make a day out of it, then eat at St Elmo. I was lucky in 2009 to be able to go to the 4th and 2 Pats game. Those tickets were given to me and my friends as a gift. 

Many times, I wonder if it's better watching from home.. but I want to attend at least one in my lifetime!

I have/had two opportunities this year with us coming up here to New England and New Jersey on new years day.. so glad I didn't attend the pats gamehaha

• Like 1

• NFLfan unpinned this topic
32 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Should have been an option for just 1984… That’s when many of us became Colts fans. It’s a landmark date that cannot be mixed in a range of years. 

Interestingly enough, so far, only one person has selected the period that includes 1984. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was 6 (1975) I started really watching pro sports,lived in south jersey where everyone was a fan of the Philly teams. I watched multiple games before deciding what teams and players I really liked. In football Bert Jones sold me, no matter how hard he was getting hit popped right back up as feisty as ever. In Baseball loved Yaz so thus a Red Sox fan,Hockey Denis Potvin so Islanders and Basketball Bob McAdoo and Buffalo Braves. Still follow all 4 franchises but love for Baseball has really subsided.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Many times, I wonder if it's better watching from home.. but I want to attend at least one in my lifetime!

I have/had two opportunities this year with us coming up here to New England and New Jersey on new years day.. so glad I didn't attend the pats gamehaha

To me watching at home is better now. I was a lot younger 10 years ago :thmup:. I have everything at home I need + don't have to deal with traffic or crowds of people. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

When I was 6 (1975) I started really watching pro sports,lived in south jersey where everyone was a fan of the Philly teams. I watched multiple games before deciding what teams and players I really liked. In football Bert Jones sold me, no matter how hard he was getting hit popped right back up as feisty as ever. In Baseball loved Yaz so thus a Red Sox fan,Hockey Denis Potvin so Islanders and Basketball Bob McAdoo and Buffalo Braves. Still follow all 4 franchises but love for Baseball has really subsided.

I started watching sports in 1977 as I was 6 then lmao . I never had a true favorite football team until the Colts moved here in 1984. I also started to follow the Cubs in 1984 and became a fan of them as well. They were always on WGN and were great that season. Pacers fan since 1977, Basketball was my 1st love. My mom had season tickets to the Pacers from the 1978 season through the 1985 season. She got them through her work. I was able to go to games as a kid and see the Lakers and Celtics live for many years.

3 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Many Colts fans love Bert Jones. I was not a sports fan yet when he played. I see that he replaced Unitas. Those who replace legends tend not to be popular, but that was not the case with Jones. Watching this video, I see why he was so well liked. He has the attitude I would like in my QB. He was tough, confident, and believed it was his job to make his team win. :applause:  Yes, it is a team game but I like QBs who are leaders and have the drive to win. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I started watching sports around 1977 going into 1978 so I really didn't see Bert Jones MVP year in 1976 or even IU's undefeated team in college basketball in 76. I knew about those things though. I remember the 1981 IU team like it was yesterday. Isiah, Tolbert, Turner, Wittman, Kitchel, etc.. When I started watching football, Roger Staubach and Terry Bradshaw were the main guys at QB that everyone talked about. 

I used to see Tolbert and Turner all the time at Bally's where I worked out at in the late 90's/early 2000's. It was ashame Turner got paralyzed. Very nice guys, I used to talk to them. Tolbert was a gentle giant and had hands that were huge. 

• Like 2

Live in Canada where most people are hockey fans, however my dad was a huge NFL fan and made me watch as a kid. I was hooked immediately. Told me I had to choose a team, said it should be the Seahawks or Vikings because they are the two closest teams. I hated both those teams though. One day in 1998 I think I was 10, the Colts were on TV. The first time I saw those all white Unis with blue trim, the horseshoe, and Peyton Manning running the offense. I said thats my team. Havn't missed a single game since.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Live in Canada where most people are hockey fans, however my dad was a huge NFL fan and made me watch as a kid. I was hooked immediately. Told me I had to choose a team, said it should be the Seahawks or Vikings because they are the two closest teams. I hated both those teams though. One day in 1998 I think I was 10, the Colts were on TV. The first time I saw those all white Unis with blue trim, the horseshoe, and Peyton Manning running the offense. I said thats my team. Havn't missed a single game since.

I never could get into Hockey or Soccer. Just not enough scoring and to dull at times for me. Although some of the fights in Hockey were entertaining. Wayne Gretzky was a fun to watch because he was so great. I was mainly all Basketball, Football, Baseball, and Boxing as a kid. Boxing was great in the 80's in the Middle WT class with Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, and Duran. Mike Tyson was off the charts in the mid to late 80's as a Heavy WT.

I liked Tennis better than I did Hockey. Tennis was one on one and some of the Borg vs McEnroe battles were fun to watch. Sampras was the man during the 90's.

I got into football in 2001 (was in grade 7) because my gym teacher got us into it. I picked the Colts because I loved the passing game, so loved watching Manning air it out. The blue and white colors were big for me too as I am a huge Maple Leafs fans and hockey was my first love being from Canada lol. I started going to football games in 2009 my first game was against the Jets when they decided to pull the starters in the 3rd quarter. My goal is to see the Colts play in every stadium. I've currently seen them play in over 22 different stadiums (includes London game and pre season game in Toronto). I knocked off Houston and Las Vegas this year. 

• Like 5

1974 for me.  Bert Jones was the reason.  I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland and caught a couple of games in Baltimore. Needless to say I was ecstatic when they moved to Indy. We first thought the Rams were moving here.  While the Oil Can is a marvelous building I liked the RCA Dome much better.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

I got into football in 2001 (was in grade 7) because my gym teacher got us into it. I picked the Colts because I loved the passing game, so loved watching Manning air it out. The blue and white colors were big for me too as I am a huge Maple Leafs fans and hockey was my first love being from Canada lol. I started going to football games in 2009 my first game was against the Jets when they decided to pull the starters in the 3rd quarter. My goal is to see the Colts play in every stadium. I've currently seen them play in over 22 different stadiums (includes London game and pre season game in Toronto). I knocked off Houston and Las Vegas this year. 

I blame you then for us quitting on the perfect season (just joking) Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

1974 for me.  Bert Jones was the reason.  I was stationed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland and caught a couple of games in Baltimore. Needless to say I was ecstatic when they moved to Indy. We first thought the Rams were moving here.  While the Oil Can is a marvelous building I liked the RCA Dome much better.  

RCA Dome was a true HFA. That place was so loud.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Irsay totally messed that up with terrible GM and lackluster HC. But I’m hanging in with the Colts in hope that we will soon draft a brilliant young QB to get the excitement back. This stupid win-now-but-not-really with lackluster QBs is taking a toll though to be honest…

Yeah the win now but never having the right pieces to do it is getting very tired.  Ballard got a pass after Luck retired. But that had worn off. Honestly I'd take a guy a little better than Brisset and just build consistency and report. Instead we have a new QB every year. It takes a very special QB to perform in a new system with new players.  

13 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Yeah the win now but never having the right pieces to do it is getting very tired.  Ballard got a pass after Luck retired. But that had worn off. Honestly I'd take a guy a little better than Brisset and just build consistency and report. Instead we have a new QB every year. It takes a very special QB to perform in a new system with new players.  

I am really not even sure why we drafted QB's like Eason or Sam? It is clear to just the average fan neither one of those guys were franchise QB's coming out of college. 2 wasted draft picks and we took Eason in the 4th round. If a GM is going to gamble at least take a QB no later than round 2 that has a potential of huge upside. I am not going to pretend that I know more than Ballard and I even defend him a lot but he has failed on many levels. He is better than Grigson though, Grigson had a generational QB that was great for 3 years so he could ride that coattail and that is why his record is good.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am really not even sure why we drafted QB's like Eason or Sam? It is clear to just the average fan neither one of those guys were franchise QB's coming out of college. 2 wasted draft picks and we took Eason in the 4th round. If a GM is going to gamble at least take a QB no later than round 2 that has a potential of huge upside. I am not going to pretend that I know more than Ballard and I even defend him a lot but he has failed on many levels. He is better than Grigsin though, Grigson had a generational QB that was great for 3 years so he could ride that coattail and that is why his record is good.

I don't mind a GM taking a gamble on a QB in later rounds. There have been some great QBs taken outside the 1st round.  Just saying. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

DYK: Bill Belichick said Bert Jones was among the best pure passers ever. 

State Your Case: Bert Jones

I go a lot by eye test and I didn't watch his MVP season in 1976 live, was too young. He did win an MVP and had some good wins. Great talent but short career. He belongs in the Andrew Luck category looking at everything = very good but not a top 25 QB of all-time, Andrew was the better runner though. It sucks that those QB's didn't play 10+years, what might have been??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I go a lot by eye test and I didn't watch his MVP season in 1976 live, was too young. He did win an MVP and had some good wins. Great talent but short career. He belongs in the Andrew Luck category looking at everything = very good but not a top 25 QB of all-time, Andrew was the better runner though. It sucks that those QB's didn't play 10+years, what might have been??

Lol. You are fast! I thought I deleted it (my post) as soon as I posted it. I wanted to go back on topic. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't mind a GM taking a gamble on a QB in later rounds. There have been some great QBs taken outside the 1st round.  Just saying. 

I don't disagree with taking a QB outside of the 1st round, it is just who we took in 2 different situations that had me puzzled. Of course there are outliers like Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, etc.. Ballard has made some great picks too as in Leonard, Nelson, and Taylor but his QB evaluation is MEH in my book. If he doesn't draft the right one this upcoming year, Irsay may fire him.

Grew up in Hammond (Bears country) but have loved the Colts since the Baltimore days.  Received every Colts item from the Sears Christmas catalog every year.  Bert Jones was my idol growing up.  When they moved to Indy I was ecstatic that my team was only 2.5 hours away from me.  Got season tickets in 1988 and have had them ever since.  Got picked to represent the Colts at the 2018 draft in Dallas.  I bleed blue until I die.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I really can't tell. That time I was just getting familiar with football, and barely knew the basic rules. I liked pasing game, and Peyton Manning's Colts looked the best. Sooo... here I am.

Thank you. Glad to see you still here. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jblastick said:

Grew up in Hammond (Bears country) but have loved the Colts since the Baltimore days.  Received every Colts item from the Sears Christmas catalog every year.  Bert Jones was my idol growing up.  When they moved to Indy I was ecstatic that my team was only 2.5 hours away from me.  Got season tickets in 1988 and have had them ever since.  Got picked to represent the Colts at the 2018 draft in Dallas.  I bleed blue until I die.  

I feel the same way.  One thing I have noticed is the older fans show more patience as they have been through the real rough days. What we have been through the last 5 years don't touch what was going on pryor to Harbaugh then Manning. 

• Like 2