Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tell me about you as a Colts fan!

Happy2BeHere

Tell me about you as a fan!  

137 members have voted

1. 1. About what year did you become a Colts fan?

2. 2. Are you a diehard fan of any other NFL team besides the Colts?

3. 3. Have you attended a Colts game live?

4. 4. Where did you see the Colts live ?

5. 5. We’re you born in Indiana?

6. 6. Where do you currently live?

• Indiana
    • Somewhere in the U.S.A. (Other than Indiana)
    • Canada
    • Somewhere other than the U.S.A. / Canada

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I feel the same way.  One thing I have noticed is the older fans show more patience as they have been through the real rough days. What we have been through the last 5 years don't touch what was going on pryor to Harbaugh then Manning. 

1984-1986 was marvelous Moon Walk Dance GIF- this season is great compared to that crapshow.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I love that attitude. You sound like you enjoy being a fan. 

I do!

and being a fan is not about winning!

My favourite soccer team, with 31 champions titles in Hungary struggled enermously, now they are back in track, winning titles and is among best 16 in UEFA EL.  Fans were sticking with the team during bad times.

Success will be much sweeter when it comes again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For those that don't remember when the Colts and the Patriots were the bottom feeders in the AFC east. haha

Oh man, we both sucked at 1 time. Pats went 1-15 in 1990, we went 1-15 in 1991. This season we have been in every game except at Jacks and at the Pats. Our effort against the Eagles was great, we just blew it.

• Like 1

Just now, HungarianColtsFan said:

I do!

and being a fan is not about winning!

My favourite soccer team, with 31 champions titles in Hungary struggled enermously, now they are back in track, winning titles and is among best 16 in UEFA EL.  Fans were sticking with the team during bad times.

Success will be much sweeter when it comes again!

That mindset is what being a fan means. :thmup: Sometimes fans become so bitter it is unhealthy. 

• Like 2

My Dad and Grandfather (who are from Indiana) started my fandom around 1986. I was ten years old and enjoyed watching football, but being from Hawaii we would mostly get Chargers, 49ers, Raiders and Rams games. So unless the Colts were playing one of those teams i never got to see them play. My Grandfather would record the games on VHS and mail them to us in Hawaii, and although they took two weeks to get, me and my Dad would watch every single game. 

Fast forward 35 years, i live in California and am a season ticket holder. I can only get to Indiana for 1-3 games a year, the others are used by my family. I will also go to Colts games when they are on the west coast. Been a long bumpy ride, but i will never switch teams. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For those that don't remember when the Colts and the Patriots were the bottom feeders in the AFC east. haha

I remember when the Colts were in the same division as the Jets. I'm thinking Lindy Infante and Ted Marchibroda days but I may be wrong. (Now that I think about it, was Marchibroda the coach of the Colts or the Browns. My memory can't store so much. Lol.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I remember when the Colts were in the same division as the Jets. I'm thinking Lindy Infante and Ted Marchibroda days but I may be wrong. (Now that I think about it, was Marchibroda the coach of the Colts or the Browns. My memory can't store so much. Lol.)

Yeah I seen the Jets live more than any team when we played in the AFC East, 4 times at the RCA Dome. I never seen Danny Marino though, just never got the right opportunity and that game always sold out quick.

4 hours ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Love the diversity of fans stories! Looks like more fans outside of Indiana so far than inside. That’s awesome 

Love it too. I was enjoying reading the stories, but I'm being summoned. Gotta jump off but will be back. 

@MB-ColtsFan, @DEColtsLover36, @Patrick Miller, @richard pallo, @Defjamz26 @coltsfansince65

@Dunk, @sb41champs

When did you become Colts fans. Some of you in in the past have noted that you were not from Maryland or Indiana. 

Enjoy your Saturday everyone. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Love it too. I was enjoying reading the stories, but I'm being summoned. Gotta jump off but will be back. 

@MB-ColtsFan, @DEColtsLover36, @Patrick Miller, @richard pallo, @Defjamz26 

When did you become Colts fans, some of you have said you were not from Maryland or Indiana. 

"but I am being summoned", I know you live in NY but you are not part of the Mob are you (sarcasm) homer simpson suits GIF- Homer here, time to go to court and handle some business.

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

@MB-ColtsFan, @DEColtsLover36, @Patrick Miller, @richard pallo, @Defjamz26 @coltsfansince65

When did you become Colts fans. Some of you in in the past have noted that you were not from Maryland or Indiana. 

I became a Colts fan in 1995 when the Colts were playing the chiefs in the playoffs. I didn’t even like football back then but the girl I was dating (my wife) was a big chiefs fan…..so being from Logansport Indiana I teased her and said the Colts were going to beat their *! So I actually sat down and watched the game….Jim Harbaugh…ole captain comeback drew me in. The rest is history. 

• Like 2

As a kid I was never really a fan of a team. I lived in Florida, Maryland, and now Jersey (born in NY though). I was a big Michael Vick fan so I rooted for the Falcons. I was also a Favre fan (before we knew he was a You know what). I became a Colts fan because I loved Peyton so I’ve been a fan since 2005-ish.

Live in central Jersey. Lots of Giants and Jets fans, and people from South Jersey are all Eagles fans (South jersey is like 30 mins out from Philly). Rutgers is like 5 mins away so that’s what he have for college teams although I’m a Michigan State fan.

Im also young. I’m 31

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Interestingly enough, so far, only one person has selected the period that includes 1984. :dunno:

I did not respond to the poll. I’m guessing many folks didn’t. My guess is the results would paint a different story if 1984 was an isolated option. 

It would make even more sense, if the poll was the Baltimore years, then isolated to 1984, then 85 to pre-Peyton, then the Peyton years, then the Luck years, then post Luck. That’s a poll I would like to see the results for. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

For those that remember the upper deck of the Hoosier (RCA) Dome was the place to be. 

First row of the upper deck was a nice view. I had some really nice seats at the Dome though. Lower level, 50 yard line, Colts side, Stadium seats.

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Many Colts fans love Bert Jones. I was not a sports fan yet when he played. I see that he replaced Unitas. Those who replace legends tend not to be popular, but that was not the case with Jones. Watching this video, I see why he was so well liked. He has the attitude I would like in my QB. He was tough, confident, and believed it was his job to make his team win. :applause:  Yes, it is a team game but I like QBs who are leaders and have the drive to win. 

Are there any Bert Joneses in next year's draft?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

I became a Colts fan in 1995 when the Colts were playing the chiefs in the playoffs. I didn’t even like football back then but the girl I was dating (my wife) was a big chiefs fan…..so being from Logansport Indiana I teased her and said the Colts were going to beat their *! So I actually sat down and watched the game….Jim Harbaugh…ole captain comeback drew me in. The rest is history. 

That's great. A few years before you became a fan, I was in college and the Giants won the SB. Earlier that year, I was sitting in my dorm room on a Sunday and a friend from home asked me what I was watching on TV. I told him that all I could find is football and it looked like grown men fighting. He asked me, "You don't watch football?" Then I turned the channel to a game. He watched it from his home in NYC while I watched it from my dorm in central NY. Once he helped me to understand what I was watching, I was hooked.Like @Happy2BeHere I said I have to pick a team. My state had three teams and I chose the Vikings. The rest is history.

It is not a Colts story but Tony Dungy was my DC and I was a big fan of his and of my OC Brian Billick. They both left the Vikings and each won Super Bowls. Vikings have yet to win, but I am a fan and will continue to be. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a Philly girl, born and raised in North Philly. Sports loving household, my mom and older sister were die hard fans of all Philly teams. My dad is a Cowboys fan. Loved growing up joining along with my mom and sister ragging on my dad during divisional games.

Then as I got older I started paying more attention to other teams, I wanted to cheer for others besides just the Eagles. Honestly this is embarrassing but the Colts first roped me in because of their beautiful blue color (I’m obsessed with royal blue). :) Then as I watched them more and more I found a true connection to them, definitely loved coach Dungy and fell in love with Peyton’s A type personality. Loved how the Colts carried themselves and their high standards. Also loved the calm fan base I saw on TV, compared to what I grew up around haha. Have rolled with the Colts only ever since.

Now I live in DE and love making people turn twice when I wear my Colts gear. I’m an alien out here haha, they wanna know why I don’t have Philly or Baltimore or Pittsburg gear on haha. Will never stop cheering for that beautiful blue. :rock:

I dream of the day that I will get to engulf myself in the sea of blue, the day I finally travel to Lucas Oil for a home game god willing!

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DEColtsLover36 said:

I’m a Philly girl, born and raised in North Philly. Sports loving household, my mom and older sister were die hard fans of all Philly teams. My dad is a Cowboys fan. Loved growing up joining along with my mom and sister ragging on my dad during divisional games.

Then as I got older I started paying more attention to other teams, I wanted to cheer for others besides just the Eagles. Honestly this is embarrassing but the Colts first roped me in because of their beautiful blue color (I’m obsessed with royal blue). :) Then as I watched them more and more I found a true connection to them, definitely loved coach Dungy and fell in love with Peyton’s A type personality. Loved how the Colts carried themselves and their high standards. Also loved the calm fan base I saw on TV, compared to what I grew up around haha. Have rolled with the Colts only ever since.

Now I live in DE and love making people turn twice when I wear my Colts gear. I’m an alien out here haha, they wanna know why I don’t have Philly or Baltimore or Pittsburg gear on haha. Will never stop cheering for that beautiful blue. :rock:

I dream of the day that I will get to engulf myself in the sea of blue, the day I finally travel to Lucas Oil for a home game god willing!

I know how you feel. When i'm in Newark, DE visiting my wife's family i'll wear Colts gear to the bar when i watch them play, unless they are playing the Eagles, then i'll go incognito. The only negative run in I've had with fans of other teams is the Eagles. Its a joke with me and my wife's family because they are ALL Eagles fans. My wife is from Bucks County, PA, but she never really attached herself to the Philly fandom (Thankfully...haha).

16 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I did not respond to the poll. I’m guessing many folks didn’t. My guess is the results would paint a different story if 1984 was an isolated option. 

It would make even more sense, if the poll was the Baltimore years, then isolated to 1984, then 85 to pre-Peyton, then the Peyton years, then the Luck years, then post Luck. That’s a poll I would like to see the results for. 

You could always create it at a later time. :)

This is a poll to get to know one another. I like it. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

I know how you feel. When i'm in Newark, DE visiting my wife's family i'll wear Colts gear to the bar when i watch them play, unless they are playing the Eagles, then i'll go incognito. The only negative run in I've had with fans of other teams is the Eagles. It a joke with me and my wife's family because they are ALL Eagles fans. My wife is from Bucks County, PA, but she never really attached herself to the Philly fandom (Thankfully...haha).

I was talking to someone yesterday who said her son lives in a town in PA but it is in the Lehigh Valley. I think that is near Bucks County. 

When I go to Giants games at least once a year, the fans are always pleasant to me despite being a Vikings fan, even when the opponent was the Vikings. My friend and I always have a great time. The first Giants game I attended was against the Colts. Andrew Luck had a great game. It was on Nov 2nd or 3rd in 2015, I believe. Zach Kerr was with the Colts. I know this because my friend's son-in-law was supposed to take me to the same game. Zach Kerr was his teammate at Delaware.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SurfinKal said:

I know how you feel. When i'm in Newark, DE visiting my wife's family i'll wear Colts gear to the bar when i watch them play, unless they are playing the Eagles, then i'll go incognito. The only negative run in I've had with fans of other teams is the Eagles. Its a joke with me and my wife's family because they are ALL Eagles fans. My wife is from Bucks County, PA, but she never really attached herself to the Philly fandom (Thankfully...haha).

Haha yes, I try to stick up for where I’m from but Eagles fans can be real “fill in the blank” lol.  I stated NO on the poll that I’ve never seen the Colts live, technically I haven’t for regular season or beyond, but one time when I still lived in Philly I was treated to a preseason game Colts vs. Eagles. I wore my Colts gear and when I cheered for the Colts people were trying to tell me to be quiet. The Colts lost and as we were walking back to our car, people walking by me were sure to yell “Colts suck!” right in front of me. I said I would never go to Lincoln again to watch a football game. I don’t like it when people rag on Philly or its fans too much but… yeah they kind of are the worst lol lmao

I never really watched football when I was growing up, although I do remember my dad watching some with my brothers.  I started nursing school in Ft Wayne in 1984 and of course the local channels showed the Colts games, so that's when I started watching. I watched the Colts games then when I could in between studying and clinicals, etc. 

I moved to Ft Wayne in 1987after I graduated and started watching more then, when I could of course. Working night shift didn't help.  Hahaha. 

I've been to 2 games, both at the Luke. I won 2 tickets to a preseason game from Nadine and took my nephew with me who is also an avid Colts fan. I also went to the season opener in 2009 with my brother and sis in law. I told them my bucket list included seeing the Colts play in person. We had a great time, played the Jags I believe and won. It was a thrill, the stadium was packed, the roof was open and it was LOUD. Loved every minute of it.

I live back in Ohio now, am retired/disabled from nursing. But watch the games here at home. That's my story in a nutshell.  LOL.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Hammer said:

I'd take the original, right now!

Did you watch him play?

Just now, Hammer said:

He was also the HC of the Colts in the glory years of the Bert Jones era.

Ah. That was well before I started watching. But I recall Marchibroda coaching the Colts in the 90s.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Did you watch him play?

Ah. That was well before I started watching. But I recall Marchibroda coaching the Colts in the 90s.

I did. Whenever they were on TV and also saw him play live, in KC a couple of times. Bert is my all-time favorite Colt.

• Like 1