Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tell me about you as a Colts fan!

Happy2BeHere

Tell me about you as a fan!  

137 members have voted

1. 1. About what year did you become a Colts fan?

2. 2. Are you a diehard fan of any other NFL team besides the Colts?

3. 3. Have you attended a Colts game live?

4. 4. Where did you see the Colts live ?

5. 5. We’re you born in Indiana?

6. 6. Where do you currently live?

• Indiana
    • Somewhere in the U.S.A. (Other than Indiana)
    • Canada
    • Somewhere other than the U.S.A. / Canada

18 hours ago, Richie_ScottishColt said:

Born & live in Scotland. As many have said before me, in the UK when i was growing up there wasn't much hype around the NFL and it wasn't until my late teens i watched a few games and got right into it. I even ended up playing amateur football in the UK for a few years as a Nose Tackle.

Might be funny to a few but to be honest the reason i chose a liking to the colts was playing Madden around 2004/05 with friends and when asked what team i'd like to be I for reasons unknown to me chose the colts, when i eventually did end up interested in the NFL my gut stayed with me and i ended up following the colts.

Every year my level of "fandem" grows

Travelled to London in 2016 to see the Colts which was amazing and hopefully in 2024 or 2025 I'll travel to Indianapolis to see a game

I love it Man. Cool that you got to play football in Europe, and see the Colts play live there. Post on here if you do head over for a game and I'm sure me or someone will hook you up with a tailgate so you can experience the game as a lot of us get to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dunk said:

I love it Man. Cool that you got to play football in Europe, and see the Colts play live there. Post on here if you do head over for a game and I'm sure me or someone will hook you up with a tailgate so you can experience the game as a lot of us get to.

Dunk, that would be amazing. To be honest it's been on my radar for a few years but it's probably a once in a lifetime trip for me so I'm holding out a little to get the best team possible. I personally rate Steichen quite high and i love the hype around Richardson so i can see the trip coming sooner rather than later

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Richie_ScottishColt said:

Dunk, that would be amazing. To be honest it's been on my radar for a few years but it's probably a once in a lifetime trip for me so I'm holding out a little to get the best team possible. I personally rate Steichen quite high and i love the hype around Richardson so i can see the trip coming sooner rather than later

I don't go to many games anymore, Gone to one this year and got tix for the Bucs game later this month. If not me I am sure someone on here would be glad to have you at a tailgate. I'm sure you will know way in advance, so possible we could figure something out.

• 3 weeks later...

Indiana born and raised. I came to love the Colts in my youth when Peyton first started out. Had family that had season tickets and attended, generally, a game a year until the glory years and the games grew to a few a year. Season tickets for all of Luck’s seasons, a couple playoff games here and there. Covid changed things, although I had season tickets last season. Scheduling and children kept us from going like we’d like to. love the Lucas oil environment.

Have been to a few away games and would love to go to a home and away game each year instead of being a season ticket holder. 

I keep tabs daily on activity. Follow most roster moves and follow the offseason closely. Colts football is really my only hobby, per se. 

the game has changed so much. Sometimes I feel that the colts organization might not even really care about the winning (it’s well known that professional owners across the board are there for the club and the investment more than the championships… obvious which ones want the championships). When I go to games now, so many that are there aren’t even engaged in the game. I’ve been to the club, and it’s always full of people enjoying themselves and company without a care in the world about the game. As long as the environment is good, the team is competitive and the money is rolling, wins don’t really matter from an ownership standpoint. Of course they all want to win to an extent, but there is a lot of luck that goes into it. 

• Like 3

This thread never gets old. Being a fan since 1984, I love reading these posts. Everyone always wants signature games they have attended. 

Mine in a nut shell:

1987 vs the Bucs in the Dome. Last game of the season. We clinched the AFC East Division by winning to go 9-6, and Dickerson went for nearly 200.

1996 vs the Chargers in the Dome. We lost but I got Jim Harbaugh's autograph and had a chance to talk to him for a minute. Great dude, my mom loved him haha .

1999 vs the Cowboys in the Dome. We won, Peyton to Marvin burning Deion. I got to see 2 legends in Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith in person as well.

2004 at Chicago. Only road game I have ever went too. We smoked them that day, easy win! Edge was a truck that day.

2004 season playoff game vs the Broncos in the Dome. My only playoff game I went too, and it was fun. We just kicked their butt so bad! Peyton was a machine that year.

2009 vs the Pats in LOS. 4th and 2 game. Peyton to Reggie for the win 35-34. That put us 9-0 and in complete control for HFA. Beating Brady and BB in the way we did was perhaps our greatest regular season win ever.

2013 vs the Texans in LOS. Last Colts game I have been too. Andrew Luck took care of business, didn't disappoint. We smoked the Texans 25-3 and we did win the AFC South Division that season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Best game I ever went too. A classic. Watching Tom and Peyton go at it was priceless. On a Sunday Night too.

Never got to see Peyton/Brady. I would of course pick the AFC championship game of them all, and I've heard from several that were there that it was pure joy. Hugs and tears throughout the entire stadium. I still get cold chills watching it. 

I did see Brady in 2015, the 4th down punt fiasco game. That play could legit be the difference in the game. Had a great shot at Mike Adams pick six. We were up at 1 at half and had a nice balanced attack but couldn't score in the second half. Seeing Brady was a great experience. 

The best game I ever went to was Andrew's first home game against the Vikings 2012. Vikings scored with 30 seconds left to tie it up, and he drove the offense down for a Vinny game winner, and it was like the 2011 season didn't even exist. Such a special season. 

My first game wasn't until 2004, Peyton's record year. Coming off the bye, we were 4-1 with the Jags in town at 4-2. Peyton was sitting at 14 touchdown passes. He threw 3 in this game, but the Jags won on a late field goal 27-24. Josh Scobee was a rookie, and faked an injury after the kick as he tried to draw a penalty. He stayed on the field forever. Hopped up and jogged off, and then tried to go back out for the kickoff without calling a timeout. Tony Dungy went ballistic. The crowd went nuts. They started a "You suck" chant towards Scobee (or the officials) and it was so loud, my mother heard it clearly on the radio. Pretty sure Scobee ran to the tunnel with his middle finger in the air. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Josh Scobee was a rookie, and faked an injury after the kick as he tried to draw a penalty. He stayed on the field forever. Hopped up and jogged off, and then tried to go back out for the kickoff without calling a timeout. Tony Dungy went ballistic. The crowd went nuts. They started a "You suck" chant towards Scobee (or the officials) and it was so loud, my mother heard it clearly on the radio. Pretty sure Scobee ran to the tunnel with his middle finger in the air. 

https://youtu.be/SA2SXi6VCsk

You can watch the whole game, but the final kick and subsequent action begins at 1:57:00 WILD

A little Peyton/Reggie nose to nose drama on the sideline during the kickoff debacle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Never got to see Peyton/Brady. I would of course pick the AFC championship game of them all, and I've heard from several that were there that it was pure joy. Hugs and tears throughout the entire stadium. I still get cold chills watching it. 

I did see Brady in 2015, the 4th down punt fiasco game. That play could legit be the difference in the game. Had a great shot at Mike Adams pick six. We were up at 1 at half and had a nice balanced attack but couldn't score in the second half. Seeing Brady was a great experience. 

The best game I ever went to was Andrew's first home game against the Vikings 2012. Vikings scored with 30 seconds left to tie it up, and he drove the offense down for a Vinny game winner, and it was like the 2011 season didn't even exist. Such a special season. 

My first game wasn't until 2004, Peyton's record year. Coming off the bye, we were 4-1 with the Jags in town at 4-2. Peyton was sitting at 14 touchdown passes. He threw 3 in this game, but the Jags won on a late field goal 27-24. Josh Scobee was a rookie, and faked an injury after the kick as he tried to draw a penalty. He stayed on the field forever. Hopped up and jogged off, and then tried to go back out for the kickoff without calling a timeout. Tony Dungy went ballistic. The crowd went nuts. They started a "You suck" chant towards Scobee (or the officials) and it was so loud, my mother heard it clearly on the radio. Pretty sure Scobee ran to the tunnel with his middle finger in the air. 

Great stuff. I wasn't at that game, one of the rare Jags games I missed going too. Once the AFC South was created, 3 others + myself would always go to 2 or 3 games a year. Get cheap tickets and make a day out of it. Eat at St Elmo, etc.. Usually it was always division games. I have seen the Texans, Jags, and Titans so many times from 2002-2013 that its comical. In 2004 I actually went to the Texans and Titans + the Broncos playoff game that season. Also traveled up to Chicago for a 2004 game = 4 games in total. I remember that year like it was yesterday because that was the year Peyton broke Marino's TDs record with 49.

To add to this, I have actually been to 4 Jets games as well. When we were in the AFC East, it was an easy ticket to get.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Usually it was always division games. I have seen the Texans, Jags, and Titans so many times from 2002-2013 that its comical

From 2004 on, I have as well. Seems like the division games are the ones I gravitate towards. 

I was at the Texans game in 2011 season when Reggie caught the game winning touchdown pass for the 2nd win of the season. It was a weird feeling because the entire stadium loved it but it meant we would lose the Andrew Luck sweepstakes if we won the last game against the jags.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

From 2004 on, I have as well. Seems like the division games are the ones I gravitate towards. 

I was at the Texans game in 2011 season when Reggie caught the game winning touchdown pass for the 2nd win of the season. It was a weird feeling because the entire stadium loved it but it meant we would lose the Andrew Luck sweepstakes if we won the last game against the jags.  

I was actually at the Titans game that year, when we got our 1st win. Donald Brown busted off an 80 yard TD run. I have only missed a couple of Texans games from 2002-2013. Those tickets were always easy to get, and you could get decent seats for a good deal price wise if you got 4. 

• Like 2

There are some people in here that have had season tickets for years. I never went that route. I wanted to go to maybe 2 or 3 games a year and just make a day out of it. Walk downtown, eat at St Elmo, etc.. 8 times a year was a little much for me. I have been to around close to 50 games dating back to 1987. Great memories, after 2013 I quit going to games. The group I was going with every year, 1 person got married and a lot going after 2013. Another moved to Florida. I was getting older anyway and watching at home was ideal for me at that point. Cheaper and I could watch all the games on Sunday with internet in my recliner relaxing lmao. Been doing that for a decade now with my strong Beer and Hot Wings. I applaud people in here and everywhere that still go to games. Without them, we wouldn't have much of a HFA.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There are some people in here that have had season tickets for years. I never went that route. I wanted to go to maybe 2 or 3 games a year and just make a day out of it. Walk downtown, eat at St Elmo, etc.. 8 times a year was a little much for me. I have been to around close to 50 games dating back to 1987. Great memories, after 2013 I quit going to games. The group I was going with every year, 1 person got married and a lot going after 2013. Another moved to Florida. I was getting older anyway and watching at home was ideal for me at that point. Cheaper and I could watch all the games on Sunday with internet in my recliner relaxing lmao. Been doing that for a decade now with my strong Beer and Hot Wings. I applaud people in here and everywhere that still go to games. Without them, we wouldn't have much of a HFA.

I would love to be, it’s just not suitable when kids are relatively young. Tickets are pretty liquid (especially if we are winning) so I’ve found they aren’t difficult to sell if you can’t or don’t want to go. Even last year was easy to sell. 

I hope to be able to be at every game in the future with a team winning games and fun to watch. I like the season tickets for playoff priority, otherwise it’s too expensive to go third party route for those games. Hasn’t been an issue for a while, but when that day comes, I don’t want to be out of position to be there. 

it’s been a long dream of mine to go to a Super Bowl. Every year, I go on and look at prices for the whole experience and it’s getting to the point where that dream seems all but lost. I would need to be in a better position of finance, and a heck of a Colts team to pull that trigger. But I know some that went to both trips in ‘07/ ‘10 and they wouldn’t trade it for much. Nevertheless, it’s an exceptional amount of money. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Walk downtown

this is getting to more and more unenjoyable. Indy is one of the highest shooting per capita cities in America right now. I have personal friends that have been mugged in Indy after St Elmo’s or another upper end restaurant. It’s almost not even worth risking if you can prepare a decent meal at home. I can get the St. Elmo’s cocktail sauce and old fashion mix at Kroger. A freezer full of good grass fed beef from a local farmer, and some sides that can compare, and you can do it on a frequent basis for a fraction of the cost. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys!

Just stumbled across this site from the wilderness and glad to be here and connect with other fans! I only recently found other colts fans in England (where I am from and live), so I have spent the majority of the time keeping myself to myself.

I have supported the Colts since 2016. I had an interest in American Football but knew to get truly invested I needed a team. I looked at all the teams to see who I could resonate the most with, and chose the colts purely based on their colours, as they match the English football team I support (Halifax Town in the National League). I then found out the colts were due to play in London that year, so got to see them play the jags shortly after at Wembley and a love was formed! I now choose to watch the Colts over soccer (🤮) and watch all the colts games I can.

So far I have attended 3 colts games; the aforementioned game at Wembley, @ Jags in 2019 (a trip planned specifically to see the game) and in Frankfurt this year. I have had 2 cancelled trips due to covid in 2021 when I was hoping to get to the Lucas Oil, but I am finally making the pilgrimage at the end of this year for the Raiders game, so will also be spending New Years Eve in Indy.

Looking forward to getting to know you all, and possibly meeting some of you later this month or on future trips!

• Like 8

This thread is so awesome. I love coming in here and just continuing to see people post and answer the questions. It’s really cool to see that the highest percentage of the fan base here who participated in this survey came from the 2001-2005 years. Basically the beginning of Peyton’s career. Interestingly enough I came in right about the same timeframe.

Also remarkable to see that nearly 72% of those who participated were not born in Indiana. However, roughly 52% were basically fans pre move to Indiana. I should have included (and wish I had now) Maryland as an option if you were born there. 

Any newbies keep coming in here and posting and taking the survey. So cool to see that the Colts fan base is so diverse and spread around the world.

• Like 4

I went to Peyton’s very first game in 98” against the dolphins ( I was 8 ) 

living in Colorado it’s hard to go to games unless it’s in Denver or KC, though I’ve been to Indy for games a handful of times. Oh and training camp A LOT. 

I refuse to work sundays because I can’t miss the game.. even in 2011 lol

ive been to Andrews last game.. playoff game against chiefs..  honestly one of the worst days of my life.. 7 hour drive turned into 14 because it was an ice storm.. late to the game.. wet.. cold.. can’t sit because of snow.. and of course we lost. 

I love the colts! 😀

• Like 5

On 12/15/2023 at 12:05 AM, ArmchairQB said:

Born and raised in Chicago as a Bears fan.  Moved to Indy as an adult in Manning’s second season.  It wasn’t hard to convince me to switch allegiances.  My relationship with my family has never been the same since.

Still a lot of Bears fans, even in southern Indiana . Glad that you saw the light though.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 9:30 PM, Believe blue1306 said:

ive been to Andrews last game.. playoff game against chiefs..  honestly one of the worst days of my life.. 7 hour drive turned into 14 because it was an ice storm.. late to the game.. wet.. cold.. can’t sit because of snow.. and of course we lost. 

did you get beer thrown on you like my friends did? 

• Like 1

1971, I became a Colts fan at 7 years old.

I had the opportunity to see the Colts play Seattle, 1st time was a preseason game in the RCA Dome against the Seahawks and the 2nd time in Seattle for a Christmas Eve game.

I will see my first game at Lucas Oil Stadium when the Texans come to Indy in a couple of weeks.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, inu001 said:

1971, I became a Colts fan at 7 years old.

I had the opportunity to see the Colts play Seattle, 1st time was a preseason game in the RCA Dome against the Seahawks and the 2nd time in Seattle for a Christmas Eve game.

I will see my first game at Lucas Oil Stadium when the Texans come to Indy in a couple of weeks.

Glad you decided to join.

Welcome!

:hat:

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Homelessguy41 said:

I am 34 years old and became a fan of Colts football in the early 2000s. I am active-duty Air Force and have been for 16 years. I am currently stationed at Mountain Home AFB, ID and originally from Depauw, IN.

Thank you for your service.

Hope you can watch games via streaming. I am guessing the Colts aren't featured that often where you are stationed.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2024 at 8:18 PM, Dunk said:

Thank you for your service.

Hope you can watch games via streaming. I am guessing the Colts aren't featured that often where you are stationed.

Thank you. The games are never televised out here, but I manage to keep up on the games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, made a mistake and chose that I’m a diehard fan of another team lmao

But the way I became a colts fan is a funny one.  I live in Baltimore (ironically) but I’m 33 so I didn’t experience the whole mayflower thing and really didn’t feel any entitlement to it like older people here.

but I got a ps1 for Christmas in 2000.  I didn’t know the intricacies of football at the time but I played it and loved it.  However, I didn’t know anything about the teams.  So when choosing a team to play with, I just went with my favorite color…blue.  See, I like a certain type of blue, so teams like Chicago and the Seahawks really didn’t do it for me.  As I got older and started to follow the teams, since I was so familiar with the colts, I just stuck with them.  Was a fan of them but didn’t join the forum until 2011 I believe.  But I was an actual fan, meaning knowledgeable of the game and the team and players, since I’d say 03 or 04.

Growing up in a city that has a football team and you’re not a fan of it is hard.  Growing up in a city that has football team AFTER the original one left in the middle of the night, and you just so happen to be a fan of that SAME TEAM is even harder lol.  But It was accepted here because Baltimore has many steeler fans for some reason and at this point ravens fans hate the Steelers more than the colts by far.

So I can say I’ve been spoiled as a colts fan.  Went through the Peyton and Luck years.  It’s frustrating sometimes because i feel like with what we’ve gone through, there should be more for us to rave about than just one Super Bowl. But hey, it is what it is, much better than being a lions fan lol.  

But for me, it’ll forever be go colts!  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, smittywerb said:

much better than being a lions fan lol.  

Or a Vikings fan. :hissy:  We have one of the highest winning percentages and have had lots of players enshrined in the Hall of Fame but no Super Bowl to show for it.

But this is a Colts thread. Many fans from outside the United States told me that they chose the Colts because of it's blue colors 🔵. It is good that being in Baltimore, the Ravens and the Colts have a common enemy: the Steelers.

Enjoy the off-season.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Or a Vikings fan. :hissy:  We have one of the highest winning percentages and have had lots of players enshrined in the Hall of Fame but no Super Bowl to show for it.

But this is a Colts thread. Many fans from outside the United States told me that they chose the Colts because of it's blue colors 🔵. It is good that being in Baltimore, the Ravens and the Colts have a common enemy: the Steelers.

Enjoy the off-season.

Your Vikings have a lot to be proud of = 4 SB appearances (1969, 1973, 1974, 1976). Those were my Fathers favorite teams when I was growing up. Fran Tarkenton is a top 20 QB of all-time on any list. Then you had the 1998 team that went 15-1 and made the NFC Title Game with the exciting Cunningham at QB. Moss/Carter/Reed as your WR's. John Randle made that teams defense that season better than average and he is a Hall of Famer too.

Adrian Peterson is a Top 10 RB of all-time so that should be noted. I know you don't like Kirk Cousins but he also got you a Playoff win over Brees and the Saints at New Orleans in 2019. He also had a great 2022 Regular Season at 13-4. A lot of great history there, JMO. Kirk for all purposes is arguably a top 50 QB all-time when you factor in his stats and he is above .500 as a QB. Captain Kirk Sigh GIF by Star Trek

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was born in 1981, the youngest i can remember when I started becoming a fan. I was a pacer fan first and I was a dolphin fan besides the Colts fan. Seeing Eric Dickerson, the excitement of drafting the home grown hero in Jeff George, to Mr. Comback in Jim Harbaugh. I know I am not the only one who felt robbed in the afc championship game against the steelers with the hallmark pass to the end zone which the ball never touched the ground. That year Tony seriguso said it during the playoffs that nobody wanted the colts in it.

I have lived in Denver for almost 20 years, born and raised in Indiana for 21. I still consider myself a hoosier however.  I almost make every colts game that comes here against the broncos, though wearing with pride got harassed, threatened and insulted but I still root for old blue with pride.  I represent here the respectful fan of indy so I had bronco fans defend me multiple times too with the drunk *s the last home game I went to was the rca dome against, you guessed it, tom Brady and the pats. We lost but was fun anyways those years. 

Draft: Jim irsay hinted he wanted to get a certain player in the draft. I agree. His father played for us, him and Manning -- now a new generation Richardson and Marvin Harrison Jr. Hope it happens. I'll give up 2 first round draft picks 3 seconds 3ound draft picks the next few years to trade Arizona for Marvin Harrison Jr.

• Like 2