Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Predict the Colts 1st FA signed

So... usually the high end FAs sign first and then the lower priority FAs sign... 

So... I guess first I need to decide whether or not Ballard will go for the high end FAs or not. Then filter out the players that are likely to get franchise tagged or re-signed by their teams... 

I really think Ballard will go after a pass-rusher... and I do think he will continue to go after young underrated/about to blow up players. Preston Smith IMO is the one that fits best in that description and is still likely to be on the market rather than re-signed by Washington. 

So yeah. My guess would be Preston Smith. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stitches said:

So... usually the high end FAs sign first and then the lower priority FAs sign... 

So... I guess first I need to decide whether or not Ballard will go for the high end FAs or not. Then filter out the players that are likely to get franchise tagged or re-signed by their teams... 

I really think Ballard will go after a pass-rusher... and I do think he will continue to go after young underrated/about to blow up players. Preston Smith IMO is the one that fits best in that description and is still likely to be on the market rather than re-signed by Washington. 

So yeah. My guess would be Preston Smith. 

I think you're right by process of elimination.  He will sign a pass rusher and Smith is the guy because all of the difference makers will be tagged or signed.  Now he has all of this money he could have used on a premier pass rusher.  Where to spend it.  Enter La'Veon Bell the only offensive superstar playmaker in the market.  Who wants to play for the Colts.  Ballard knows what he would do for our offense and he makes him a Colt.  Surprise!  Surprise! haha 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think you're right by process of elimination.  He will sign a pass rusher and Smith is the guy because all of the difference makers will be tagged or signed.  Now he has all of this money he could have used on a premier pass rusher.  Where to spend it.  Enter La'Veon Bell the only offensive superstar playmaker in the market.  Who wants to play for the Colts.  Ballard knows what he would do for our offense and he makes him a Colt.  Surprise!  Surprise! haha 

Oh God stop with the crying!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...