Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Pep Hamilton is fired

grmasterb

Please for the love of god, I go to UVA and do not want Pep coming here.

haha, that's awesome that you go there! My sister was a cheerleader there in the Matt Scahub days, and is finishing up her doctorate there. Mike London infuriates me at times, and I think pep at a college level would help UVa's football program immensely. I just want UVA to be competitive again, I think Pep in a college position could do that.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have nothing against Pep, but if you're the AD and/or the President of a big school like UVA or VTech, it's hard to introduce your new head coach.... the guy who just got fired mid-season in the NFL.

You need someone with a recent track record of success that you can sell to the alumni and fan base.....

I suspect Pep lands as either a college coordinator, or a position coach in the NFL and works his way back up the ladder...

I wish the best for him....

I dunno, UVA hired Al Groh and touted his Jets coaching days as if he were football Jesus. UVA has been bad for so long Pep could only improve things.

I have nothing against Pep,  but if you're the AD and/or the President of a big school like UVA or VTech,  it's hard to introduce your new head coach....   the guy who just got fired mid-season in the NFL.

You need someone with a recent track record of success that you can sell to the alumni and fan base.....

I suspect Pep lands as either a college coordinator,  or a position coach in the NFL and works his way back up the ladder...

I wish the best for him....

Chud has been here for 2 yrs now plenty of time that he could have improved the TE play

Our TE's still suck

haha, that's awesome that you go there! My sister was a cheerleader there in the Matt Scahub days, and is finishing up her doctorate there. Mike London infuriates me at times, and I think pep at a college level would help UVa's football program immensely. I just want UVA to be competitive again, I think Pep in a college position could do that.

Thanks, at this point I think I'm just scarred by Pep Hamilton, and want him out of my life haha.   Yeah I don't care very much for Mike London as well, I hope next year their coaching staff is shaken up too.

I think Christensen should have been let go also. After all he is the quarterback coach

I agree.

Luck has not made any improvement in the decision making part of his play.

I DO think he is better mechanically (still holds onto the ball too long) which might be why he's keeping his job... for now.

Something had to be done.  This team was doing the samething every week, coming out stuck in the mud and then when the game looked to be out of reach hitting the gas peddle.  I am glad they made this change as I think this could have some real impact on this season where as I felt like firing Chuck during the season wouldn't have done much to fix anything this year.

I will also add that while Pep is gone it doesn't change the issues that Luck needs to make better decisions with the football and the WRs could really help the offense out by doing a better job to get open.  If those things don't change changing OCs wont do much. 

Anyone see Irsay's Twitter riddle last night? This might have been a foreshadowing.

No doubt a first step to the drilling process. (solutions) Constant steady and sharpened bits (play calling) just might prove to hit pay dirt (points) more often than not. Striking gold (division champ, playoffs) may now be possible. Hitting a vein (deep playoff run) is still a ways off. But, you never know. Here's to finding a mine full of the stuff.

Drill, baby, drill!

Anyone see Irsay's Twitter riddle last night? This might have been a foreshadowing.

For $100, Andrew Luck jersey and an autographed picture of me...Name one of my favorite movies. Hint: 4 words. 1 guess only, Abby hatpick.

— Jim Irsay (@JimIrsay)

November 2, 2015

Winner from last nights trivia was Paul B, with There Will Be Blood. Congrats!

— Jim Irsay (@JimIrsay)

November 3, 2015

Damn.

I'm so disappointed in this firing because everybody knows Andrew is having a terrible season so far. He is making the whole team look bad. The defense has to always defend a short field because of interceptions. He is almost averaging 2 a game. We act like the OC is making all of the fumbles too.  However, this doesn't let Pagano off the hook. We were excited thinking we were going to have a good defense and that hasn't happened either. We still give up big plays. No pass rush. How with all of the problems do we fire OC and not the DC too. I'm calling out Andrew for getting his coach fired for being terrible and not standing up for him. I saw for the first time last night in eyes a lack of toughness. He was punking out. Yes, I'm questioning his heart. A real tough guy would have made sure no one got fired because of his ineptness. The Giants held tight when things got bad and they turned it around because nobody was putting the blame on nobody. Sometimes you are simply a bad team and we are right now.  We are going to make to the playoff with a 6-10 record and that's it. We will get crushed in the wild card and everybody will still get fired. We will get a high draft pick next year. Just don't let Grigson do the picks anymore.

This is funny. When I was teenager I used to have an NCAA Football game, called Statistics Football where you just to put the play in and watch it ran. You had a choice between 4 runs and 4 passes. I had it on the Commodore 64. A friend of mine used to always be 1988 Miami and he used to run Walsh to Chud LOL, I was always 1987 Nebraska and ran over everyone. I had a disk with the 87, 88, and 89 teams. Walsh to Chud!

This was really the only move that could be made right now.  Pagano is too nice a of a guy and liked by the public, and more importantly by his team who have not quit on him, to fire today.  Grigson?  You can't fire the GM in the middle of the season.  Whereas with Luck's regression and the constantly slow starts from the offense, and with Chud being available to take over, this was a no brainer.

Pep just never changed.  He refused to run the type of offense this team needs, and he paid for it.

That is surprising.

Majority of tweeters (in the article) say this is just a move for Pagano to save his seat, and that it will not actually help our offense. Pep is just a scapegoat, yada yada yada. Deion Sanders chimed in calling the firing "unbelievable" and said Pep will be a HC in the NFL.

More negative reactions than I was expecting.

Pep playcalling was awful and yes he is being a scapegoat too. It's like batting coaches in baseball who are usually gone first before the manager for a teams failure. Maybe Jimmy Tweets does not see the Colts coming out flat every week. He's too busy tweeting riddles. Maybe he should be called Jimmy the Riddler.

That is surprising.

Majority of tweeters (in the article) say this is just a move for Pagano to save his seat, and that it will not actually help our offense. Pep is just a scapegoat, yada yada yada. Deion Sanders chimed in calling the firing "unbelievable" and said Pep will be a HC in the NFL.

More negative reactions than I was expecting.

Deion hates us for some reason and has always criticized every thing we do. He always bashed Peyton too, still does.