Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Pep Hamilton is fired

grmasterb

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very curious to see the results of this and to see if Chud takes over, or who? I do believe this team needed a change and Pep's walking card was definitely the first that needed to be punched. Here's to hoping for a spark on offense that we desperately need right now. It is weird to think that someone being fired is cause for excitement, but it is what it is.

Chud will be the OC

Pagano: "Through the first 8 weeks of the season, we have felt our offense hasn't performed at the consistent level that we need."

— Steve Andress (@ColtsReporter)

November 3, 2015

Pagano: "Through the first 8 weeks of the season, we have felt our offense hasn't performed at the consistent level that we need."

That's a very mild way to put it.

I was wondering today whether Chud would be willing to take over this dumpster fire or not. He's basically a lock for an OC job next year, at the least. If the offense doesn't kick it into gear, he might be undermining his future prospects. Of course, on the other hand, if this goes well, it's good on him, and maybe it even saves Pagano's job. For a bit.

Either way, glad to see this change. It was long overdue, IMO.

I don't expect Chud to work miracles immediately...just show continued improvement in using the personnel on the O.

...and please get the short game going with Andrew.

...and as for the running game, you don't need to keep blasting Gore and Bradshaw into the line...you can use more screens and dump offs and flat passes to get them the ball in space...something Andrew needs to practice.

After time to think about this move, I have mixed feelings about this. How much of Pep do you blame for the Colts offense? Just weak personnel and a poor performance by our QB. 

Still, excited for the promotion of Chudzinski. He was my pick for interim head coach when/if Pagano is fired. 

Also like to mention how Pagano made this move to save his butt for at least until the end of the season. 

I don't know what can change in 4 days..

..we may not see any change until after the bye

At the very least, for this week they can keep the playbook the same but change the play calls. I think we have screens, roll-outs, and short quick strike plays in the offense. Chud can call those plays instead of the deep pass plays.

At the very least, for this week they can keep the playbook the same but change the play calls. I think we have screens, roll-outs, and short quick strike plays in the offense. Chud can call those plays instead of the deep pass plays.

Exactly. Doesn't take much to fix the play calling.