Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

UPDATE: Pep Hamilton is fired

grmasterb

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think anybody cheering someone else's firing is cold and callous.  I thought that Pep was overmatched as OC/play caller and didn't have the resume to justify the hiring to begin with.

But I wish him well and hope he bounces back to learn his craft and progress as a coordinator.....just somewhere else.

After time to think about this move, I have mixed feelings about this. How much of Pep do you blame for the Colts offense? Just weak personnel and a poor performance by our QB.

Still, excited for the promotion of Chudzinski. He was my pick for interim head coach when/if Pagano is fired.

Also like to mention how Pagano made this move to save his butt for at least until the end of the season.

There are many issues. He was one and just the first peg to fall. It's not entirely on him but he played a vital role

I think anybody cheering someone else's firing is cold and callous. I thought that Pep was overmatched as OC/play caller and didn't have the resume to justify the hiring to begin with.

But I wish him well and hope he bounces back to learn his craft and progress as a coordinator.....just elsewhere at the moment.

This is the nature of the business. I don't feel bad for Pep it's not like he's homeless now. He will get a college head coaching job.

Assuming Poop Hamilton was Grigson's hire, I hope Irsay gave him an earful.

And I hope Irsay made it clear to Grigson that he is to stay completely out of coaching decisions on who plays and who sits...just get busy with who we are drafting and don't even think about trading a draft pick...think about how to acquire more picks.

Want to caution everyone that this is just a first step to improving the offense. Sincerely hope that Chud can create game-plans that evolve around Andrew Luck's ability to spark the entire offensive scheme, whether he's dealing with injury or not. Should be a huge shot in the arm psychologically for AL. "Let it roll. Down the highway. Let it roll." (BTO tune)

...assuming Poop Hamilton was Grigson's hire...

I hope Irsay made it clear to Grigson that he is to stay completely out of coaching decisions on who plays and who sits...just get busy with who we are drafting and don't even think about trading a draft pick...think about how to acquire more picks.

Absolutely agree Grigson needs to focus on personnel let coaches coach..never heard of that nonsense

I don't know what can change in 4 days..

..we may not see any change until after the bye

The only thing that will change is everything important.  There is nothing wrong with the Colts playbook, there is nothing wrong with the Colts offensive personnel (not saying the personnel cannot be improved but the O is good enough to win several of the games they have lost) what has been the problem is when to call what play under which circumstances.  Pep has shown he was not able to develop an NFL gameplan, he was not able to track defensive trends and exploit them during the game and he was not able to call plays that would put the players in the best position to win their individual battles.

it had to be done, no question.  its like they thought the offense would just work itself out with luck and his former OC.

they need more offensive minds with experience calling the shots to help luck reach his potential. 

we had a situation where a defensive head coaches job was on the line, and the only one that could save him was the GMs OC.  it made no sense.

We need to cut Chud a bit of slack starting off. I don't expect him to engineer a W over Denver.

No but with better play calling and the team fired up I think they have a shot now. Chud needs to settle Luck down and break him of this crap his been pulling. Move the chains control the ball or take a seat on the bench.

Woohooo!! Jim must read the board.

Nice move Jim! Way to be on top of things.

I wouldn't be surprised if Irsay got involved.  Overruled any supposed squabble between the GM and HC, if there was any to begin with.   Play calling and long developing plays added to the problem of Luck getting hit a lot.  Luck looked to be losing confidence in himself, and there was no sign that Pep was willing or capable of doing anything about it. 

Luck's the the franchise and firing Pep ASAP is an attempt to protect Luck from further regression, IMO.