ThorstenDenmark

Chris Ballard Poll

Chris Ballard Poll :)   145 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think CB has done a Good ? Mediocre or Worse job than Grigson so far?

• Good job - He's spot on
    • Mediocre - He's doing somethings right
    • Worse than Grigson - He's ruining the Colts Franchise

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

84 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Everyone said:

He's doing his job, said he wouldn't throw big money in FA and want's to build through the draft. Can't please everyone in this "I want it now" world.

Well this world has become all about supply and demand. People want the money to play. If you supply them the money, you'll have a lot of demand. Hard to get top players unless you are willing to pay up. But the smartest long term approach is doing what he is doing(for the most part). It just sucks as a fan! 

1 person likes this

Just now, Colts1324 said:

Well this world has become all about supply and demand. People want the money to play. If you supply them the money, you'll have a lot of demand. Hard to get top players unless you are willing to pay up. But the smartest long term approach is doing what he is doing(for the most part). It just sucks as a fan! 

It will suck as a fan even if he spends the money and like a lot of FAs, the money doesn't get bang for the buck. I'd prefer that it sucks as a fan this way. :) 

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It will suck as a fan even if he spends the money and like a lot of FAs, the money doesn't get bang for the buck. I'd prefer that it sucks as a fan this way. :) 

Jags have spent a ton of money the past 3 season and only have around 10 wins to show for it. They must have the happiest fans though.

5 people like this

Far too early for this poll. But so far so good.  

9 people like this

We need a number of studs and i agree you mainly need to build your own.
Go Blue!

16 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Not as much as the "no hope" teams we have had the past couple years. 

While I'm pretty certain we are looking at a 9 win team in 2017, I think we could win 10 if the draft goes well.   I like the size and strength we have added on defense.  

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Jags have spent a ton of money the past 3 season and only have around 10 wins to show for it. They must have the happiest fans though.

I believe the Jags are being held back by an underwhelming QB, not because of their FA acquisitions. With a good QB they would be dangerous team. 

2 people like this

Wow, it sure didn't take long , did it? Lol.

It's very early, But So far, he has been unsuccessful in bringing in talent to keep up with our division rivals.

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Wow, it sure didn't take long , did it? Lol.

It's very early, But So far, he has been unsuccessful in bringing in talent to keep up with our division rivals.

And the Colts could still win the division.  He's made it very clear that he intends to build through the draft.  

58 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

He offered Poe a 5yr/$60mil contract. Poe still chose Atlanta.

2 people like this

This is the type of question that needs to be asked in year 2-3 of his tenure as GM.  However I like his mid-level acquisitions a lot better than the previous regime's by acquiring players entering their primes instead of departing them.  That right there tells me he is in the process of changing the organization's philosophy as it pertains to the overall longevity and effectiveness of its personnel.  

I predict he will knock it out of the park during the draft.

4 people like this

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He offered Poe a 5yr/$60mil contract. Poe still chose Atlanta.

Where did you see/hear this?

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, Clem-Dog said:

Where did you see/hear this?

1 person likes this

I didn't vote in this poll because I don't agree with any of the options.

9 people like this

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't vote in this poll because I don't agree with any of the options.

Yeah, waaaaay too early to tell. Even after the draft, it's going to take some time for things to come together. He said he may make some moves when other teams release players prior to the season. I'll wait to see who's on the squad,  one September and even then, it may take a game or two, to see.

1 person likes this

35 minutes ago, Everyone said:

And the Colts could still win the division.  He's made it very clear that he intends to build through the draft.  

I certainly hope your right But I think we might have a better chance of finishing last than first.

As far as the draft, the Titans & Jags are both in better position to ADD MORE TALENT than us.

A team lacking talent & good coaching is not usually a recipe for success.

1 person likes this

The real answer is "Incomplete". He seems to have a plan, we'll see how it goes and if his talent evaluation is good in due time. For me it's not about this coming season. He has a really hard job of fixing this roster because of the disarray Grigson left it in and it is unrealistic to expect him to fix it all in one free agency period. He will need at least 2 drafts and 2 FA periods before we can say whether his plan is working and whether his scouting is all it's hyped to be.

2 people like this

Getting 2-3 potential stars on defense from this upcoming draft isn't unlikely. I like the depth signings as long as we draft well. 

2 people like this

I think he is doing a great job. He is filling positions of needs with young guys who have potential to make big impacts. Also isnt breaking the bank doing so which i absolutely love. Overall i think our defense right now is better than what we had last year. Keep in mind we haven't even ended FA or hit the draft. I think after it is all said and done we will have the potential to sneak in the playoffs. 

1 person likes this

I think he's doing a good job, but it's kinda early to judge don't ya think? He hasn't even had a draft yet. Can't really evaluate until 2018.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, esmort said:

I believe the Jags are being held back by an underwhelming QB, not because of their FA acquisitions. With a good QB they would be dangerous team. 

3/4 of the league is looking for a "good" QB

A poll comparing 7 days to five years?

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Everyone said:

He's doing his job, said he wouldn't throw big money in FA and want's to build through the draft. Can't please everyone in this "I want it now" world.

All of my thoughts are expressed in this post. The people who don't get Ballard's approach are still trapped in the Grigson days.

2 people like this

46 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

i can't see the results of the poll so this is pointless. 

I refreshed the page and it showed the results.

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

This isn't how supply and demand works at all.

I agree with the end of your post though. Exercising patience is never the easy route to take, although it's typically the right one.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Not as much as the "no hope" teams we have had the past couple years. 

While I'm pretty certain we are looking at a 9 win team in 2017, I think we could win 10 if the draft goes well.   I like the size and strength we have added on defense.  

Anything above another 8-8 season will be a win

I have no problem with what he's done to this point.

1 person likes this

Amazing job. John Simon will bolster our pass rush for years to come.

5 hours ago, Everyone said:

^ this... :thmup:

1 person likes this