Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Wentz should be sidelined until the OL is back to standard. The benefit is regaining your 1st round pick and Eason and Ehrlinger gets real game experience. They lost the division so kiss it good bye to the playoffs. 

After two losses to two very good NFC teams and only one game behind the Chiefs, Bills and Titans in the AFC.   Sorry no tanking for me with 15 games to go.  You need to take a Xanax and relax.  Lol.  Looong way to go.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It was a good question. 

Well I’m sure you believe that to be true, but the Colts don’t answer to the media or work on their timeline. The tone and disrespect was definitely not needed, I’m glad Frank handled like a professional.  

And Doyle showed his hand, he is just upset the national media will get it before the locals. I’d make damn sure of it after that. 

5 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Well I’m sure you believe that to be true, but the Colts don’t answer to the media or work on their timeline. The tone and disrespect was definitely not needed, I’m glad Frank handled like a professional.  

And Doyle showed his hand, he is just upset the national media will get it before the locals. I’d make damn sure of it after that. 

Doyle is a hack

52 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

Wentz should be sidelined until the OL is back to standard. The benefit is regaining your 1st round pick and Eason and Ehrlinger gets real game experience. They lost the division so kiss it good bye to the playoffs. 

Good lord,   it's week 2.  Stop messing your pants

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

I don't like any of them regardless.

Not sure where a better list would be.

All the FA off season lists are pretty much forgotten about and outdated.

How about Bortles? He would come cheap. Mullens has experience and played pretty well when asked to play. They can't be worse than Scott Tolzien.

I like Sloter but he has not been able to stick anywhere.

Just now, NFLfan said:

How about Bortles? He would come cheap. Mullens had experience and played pretty well when asked to play. They can't be worse than Scott Tolzien.

Have we time warped back to 2017?! haha Wait given 2020 onward that might be quite nice... 

Among NFL QB with at least 1,000 attempts all time Jacoby Brissett ranks #1 lowest  int % but no one really clamored for him or wanted him to be their starter though he is now possibly starting for 1 week minimum in Miami (Tua does not like to play through any type of pain, media all over him down here).

6 hours ago, NFLfan said:

How about Bortles? He would come cheap. Mullens has experience and played pretty well when asked to play. They can't be worse than Scott Tolzien.

There are a few guys that I have higher on the list with others, just no one I'd prefer over riding with Wentz. We know all those guys are severely limited in some shape or form based on the chances they got to play. I'd like to simply give Eason that same chance to see if he can develop a little bit. I have no delusion that he'll be the next Rodgers or anything, just want to see what he has.

14 hours ago, AustexColt said:

If they beat the Titans they will be tied for the division lead.  It's not over yet.

13 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

We'll see, I think it will. 10 games may win this division. I think the Colts have shown (under Reich) the propensity to pick up steam and play HOT especially when the schedule eases up, They tend to pick up Ws including some against teams who folks expect them to lose to. \

Yeah, I'd love a sneaky win over Tompa Bay.

Agreed, we'll see. But it's bold to think anyone is digging out of 0-5.

Just now, Myles said:

I don't want the Colts to bring any other QB in.   Go with Eason and let's see what we have.   

I've been pro Eason for some time. Might be totally wrong, but I like the arm and think he's going to need some live action to see if the rest of it clicks. Get the line right, lean on the run game, keep everything in front of him.. might be good enough to win a game or two if needed.

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

The thing that encourages me is that he stayed in the game, after his left ankle was injured.

The injury to his right ankle could be anywhere from 5-12 weeks.

Where'd you get the second nugget? 

And he hurt his surgery foot/ankle (dunno if it's left or right off the top of my head) on a separate play earlier in the game, played through it?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Where'd you get the second nugget? 

And he hurt his surgery foot/ankle (dunno if it's left or right off the top of my head) on a separate play earlier in the game, played through it?

He's making a light jab to the fact that Wentz and Nelson's earlier injuries were "5-12 weeks".

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's making a light jab to the fact that Wentz and Nelson's earlier injuries were "5-12 weeks".

Straight over my head too.. dang it..

https://www.1075thefan.com/kevins-sports-news/colts/carson-wentz-has-two-sprained-ankles-status-in-doubt-for-sunday/

"The left ankle sprain for Wentz occurred early in Sunday’s loss to the Rams, with the right ankle injury being the one that knocked the QB out for good, near the mid-way point of the 4th quarter."

Dang.

Honestly if Wentz is out for any length of time, going with Eason is a win win. For one, we get much closer to keeping our first rounder with Wentz being out. Secondly, you let Eason sink or swim. If he swims, you have a new future at QB. If he sinks, you know he ain't it, you lose games and our first rounder gets higher, letting us land another impact player.

Bottom line, this isn't a contender.

Just now, NorthernColt said:

What would you like him to do though? Its not him wanting to, but he hasn't even been finishing his drop back before the dlinemen are in the backfield chasing him out.

Watch the video. Pat explains it well how he could of avoided it. Basically stiff luck had to learn just go down and live for the next play. But he talks about how players who have had precious ACL tears typically do what he did.

55 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Even Pat Mcafee said Wentz played reckless Sunday. He explains how Wentz himself basically caused this injury.

Pat also used the bad shovel pass to explain his point about how Carson plays.  I'm concerned for myself, I agree with Pat .McAfee.

I'm all for signing Rivers for three games to show Carson how to play the QB position for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Wentzszn said:

Even Pat Mcafee said Wentz played reckless Sunday. He explains how Wentz himself basically caused this injury.

The play where Donald rolled him up, Doyle was open for the quick throw and he possibly isnt in this position. It looks like he pumped toward Doyle to. Of course no one can be 100% on what Wentz saw on the play

Archived