Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, boo2202 said:

Nah that one isn’t on him. We’ve been getting him pummeled for two games now. 

I agree that the OL hasn’t protected him well.  And I’m not at all disappointed with his first two performances.  But that injury was the result of him trying to extend a play that was already snuffed out by Donald.

While I like grittiness, there are times to just take your medicine and this was one of them.  Of course, that’s easy to say from the comfort of my den recliner with the help

if slo-mo replay and all that.

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

He needs to throw the ball away.  The rules favor doing that tremendously.  The opponent basically can't touch him once he gets rid of the ball.

Or slide

19 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

It looked bad , I thought it was gonna snap or have ligaments tear or something 

Still may have a ligament damaged. MRI should tell.

I  agree, we are in trouble. Eason has looked terrible.

As for wentz: 

As soon as I saw him get twisted up under 99 i knew he was done. To be honest I think he will be out for atleast 3-4 weeks. That looked like a nasty twist. 

1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

Eason has looked terrible.

As soon as I saw him get twisted up under 99 i knew he was done. To be honest I think he will be out for atleast 3-4 weeks. That looked like a nasty twist. 

Ballard refused to get a competant back up knowing Wentzs style and injury history. Now we are stuck with Eason who wouldn't be on any other NFL roster.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Ballard refused to get a competant back up knowing Wentzs style and injury history. Now we are stuck with Eason who wouldn't be on any other NFL roster.

Competent backup? Like who? I'm all for accountability but what kind of competent backup are you going to find who can decidedly win you games? PJ Walker? Cam Newton? 

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He had all off season to figure it out. The best he could come up with us Eason I guess.

That's the point i'm making. Wentz is an injury risk and was always going to get hurt and miss some time as evidenced by how the trade was structured. But i do think CB was aware and had two 'rookie' QBs ready for that reason. I just dont see a backup coming in who would be that much better. We surely dont think Nick Foles would be winning diddly behind this line in its current state.

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Well at least we keep our first round pick which is looking to be very high lol 

20 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Eason is probably better then any backup we could have went out and got. Drafting your backup is the way to go.

Just now, cdgacoltsfan said:

Don't laugh...could hapoen.

He is coaching he isn’t coming back.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Eason is probably better then any backup we could have went out and got. Drafting your backup is the way to go.

He is coaching he isn’t coming back.

I think he might. not that I would want him to.

If Newton is cheap he’s prob the best option, but I’d rather lose than deal with his drama.  Wish we’d have kept Brissett, but completely understand why we didn’t.

1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Mobility will be the least of Jacob Eason’s worries. The Colts won’t win a game with him starting at QB.

We need a QB for when he gets crushed too.  

54 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

There’s no way to know if Eason would be in anither roster, but odds are he would.   Some teams have three QBs on their roster.  Odds are Eason would be with one of them.  It’s not like he’s without considerable skill. 

We didn’t lose today because of Eason.   There were plenty of other reasons before you get to the backup quarterback. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There’s no way to know if Eason would be in anither roster, but odds are he would.   Some teams have three QBs on their roster.  Odds are Eason would be with one of them.  It’s not like he’s without considerable skill. 

We didn’t lose today because of Eason.   There were plenty of other reasons before you get to the backup quarterback. 

Considerable skill? That opinion will be different after next week.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cam Newton is a lot better than Eason, if we really want any chance of winning I would get him. I could care less if he isn't 2015 Cam anymore or has a different attitude than most. Not about that, he is simply better than anyone we have. If Eason plays at Tennessee next week we will get blown out and season over at 0-3.

I wanted Cam over Rivers last season. That thought was a mistake. There's no point bringing in Cam now unless Carson is done for the year. Why open up pandora's box?

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We didn't lose today because of Eason, but mark my words, we will lose going forward because of Eason. He's slow of mind.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cam Newton is a lot better than Eason, if we really want any chance of winning I would get him. I could care less if he isn't 2015 Cam anymore or has a different attitude than most. Not about that, he is simply better than anyone we have. If Eason plays at Tennessee next week we will get blown out and season over at 0-3.

Cam Newton isn't obviously better than anyone right now, because QB's need to throw the ball and his arm is shot/toast/over with. He can't throw the ball anymore. 

28 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Mobility will be the least of Jacob Eason’s worries. The Colts won’t win a game with him starting at QB.

i  think many here are still in denial about how the season is going .  going into tenn with eason and this defense is gonna be like last year when they blew us out .  i dont see any way they can beat tenn or miami or the ravens coming up with eason its gonna be a long season . its 2017 all over again i hope i am wrong

Archived