Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Catloaf said:

If Newton is cheap he’s prob the best option, but I’d rather lose than deal with his drama.  Wish we’d have kept Brissett, but completely understand why we didn’t.

We need a QB for when he gets crushed too.  

If they bring in that self centered has been , I'll do yard work Sunday afternoons

46 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Considerable skill? That opinion will be different after next week.

Nothing will be determined next week.   No one's fate is decided like that.   One week?    Come on.

Plenty of very good players have started their career unimpressively. 

If Eason has to start next week,  I'd expect him to stink up the joint.    I don't think he's ready, and I don't think the team is ready to support him enough.     But a season is a marathon,  not a sprint.

42 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

We didn't lose today because of Eason, but mark my words, we will lose going forward because of Eason. He's slow of mind.

He may or may not be.   But the team believes in him.    

As I said in another post,  I don't think he's ready.    And worse,  I don't think the team is ready to support him the way he's going to need next week if he starts.     Could be a long, long day....

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nothing will be determined next week.   No one's fate is decided like that.   One week?    Come on.

Plenty of very good players have started their career unimpressively. 

If Eason has to start next week,  I'd expect him to stink up the joint.    I don't think he's ready, and I don't think the team is ready to support him enough.     But a season is a marathon,  not a sprint.

Can't run a marathon with broken legs.

15 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

If they bring in that self centered has been , I'll do yard work Sunday afternoons.

If they bring in that self centered has been , I'll do yard work Sunday afternoons.

We get it. We get it. 

Your yard's a mess.

53 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i  think many here are still in denial about how the season is going .  going into tenn with eason and this defense is gonna be like last year when they blew us out .  i dont see any way they can beat tenn or miami or the ravens coming up with eason its gonna be a long season . its 2017 all over again i hope i am wrong

If Colts are the worst team in the NFL this year I make mid-five figures, so I hope you’re right.

56 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i  think many here are still in denial about how the season is going .  going into tenn with eason and this defense is gonna be like last year when they blew us out .  i dont see any way they can beat tenn or miami or the ravens coming up with eason its gonna be a long season . its 2017 all over again i hope i am wrong

I agree. There is no way to sugar coat it. It started with bad mojo in camp and it keeps continuing.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be, JB sucks according to 80% of the forum. Watch him romped us haha 

I would absolutely love to see the JB fan club come out in full force lol...

I don't think it's 20% though .... 

But they shouldn't worry. JB's short passing game could be like Minshew's vs our soft cushion.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

He was really bad today.

Nah. He just needs better WRs, RBs, TEs, OL, coaching, etc.. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It would be, JB sucks according to 80% of the forum. Watch him romped us haha 

I wouldn’t say Jacoby “sucks.”  I just think that, as a starting QB in the NFL, he’s somewhere in the lowest quartile…which is why he could only find a deal as a backup.

I don’t even see this as very controversial.  He’s good enough to play in the NFL.  But no team is going to go all that far with him as the regular signal caller.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I would absolutely love to see the JB fan club come out in full force lol...

I don't think it's 20% though .... 

But they shouldn't worry. JB's short passing game could be like Minshew's vs our soft cushion.

Nah. He just needs better WRs, RBs, TEs, OL, coaching, etc.. 

1 minute ago, luv_pony_express said:

I wouldn’t say Jacoby “sucks.”  I just think that, as a starting QB in the NFL, he’s somewhere in the lowest quartile…which is why he could only find a deal as a backup.

I don’t even see this as very controversial.  He’s good enough to play in the NFL.  But no team is going to go all that far with him as the regular signal caller.

Fair, I agree for the most part. Great backup, average starter. I would be SMH though if he just played out of his mind vs us. Nothing would shock me at this point.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Fair, I agree for the most part. Great backup, average starter. I would be SMH though if he just played out of his mind vs us. Nothing would shock me at this point.

I would say Jacoby is a great backup, bottom 5 starter. An average starter would be in the 12-18 range, and Jacoby is nowhere near that.

1 hour ago, Esquire59 said:

Bright side.   We don’t upgrade Philly to our second rounder now.   And we’re looking at top 10, if not too 5 picks.    Maybe Ballard can pull another Parris Campbell over Terry McLaurin gem!   

It’s a 1st rounder if Wentz plays 70 percent of the snaps this season. Or 60 something percent and we make playoffs. 

And again people think you can plug and play a QB. Irrational. Disappointed in Eason overthrowing twice to incomplete and then INT. Hell of a first series big guy. 

This season is most likely over with the Wentz injury unless Eason heavily surprises everyone. Team playing like a bunch of rookies. Worried about the fact that Nelson can't seem to regain full health and plays with a bad back for the second year. 

Oline is so unhealthy. No surprise at all that they're playing like garbage, and if you are surprised you don't know football. 

I have zero issues with Ballard. Becoming less of a fan of Frank. 

Marlon Mack seemed to play a lot better than everyone else from the little he was in the game. Let the dude play. 

Glad to see Pittman go off and % if Pascal isn't a TD magnet idk what is. 

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would say Jacoby is a great backup, bottom 5 starter. An average starter would be in the 12-18 range, and Jacoby is nowhere near that.

Agreed.

I guess some would view that as a One or a Zero kind of thing — either a QB is great or terrible.

Like most NFL quarterbacks, Brissett is neither great nor terrible.  But, yeah, he’s capable of winning games in the NFL.  And it’s entirely possible a JB-led Dolphins team could beat us.

I’d feel more confident with him under center than Eason.  But I’m not going to be too hard on Jacob.  Today was his first real NFL action and it’s not surprising it turned out like it did.  He was put into a very difficult game situation against an elite defense.

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

It’s a 1st rounder if Wentz plays 70 percent of the snaps this season. Or 60 something percent and we make playoffs. 

I think we're only going to have to see about the 70% thing because we're heading towards 0-3 which... Well you know...

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think JB was between 12-18 for the 1st 7 games in 2019, he got injured then after that he was bad.

I agree. That was 2019 though and this is 2021. Now he is a backup behind Tua (who isn't very good himself) and only playing because Tua got hurt. I think today told the story of how good Brissett is these days.

I could literally see Brissett ending our season though if we lost to Tennessee next week. Oh, the irony that would be lol! haha 

Archived