Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, stitches said:

High ankle sprains are serious enough to get you out of play for a month or two... 

What I have seen QB have played on them quite a bit. But I think with wenhz mobility probably isn’t happening. There is no way to play on both ankles having sprains. We will see what the degree is later after testing. I expect him to miss this week at least. It doesn’t sound like they are high grade sprains.

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I cannot stand Cowherd.

He is usually right on. I don’t think we can ignore what he is saying here. I mean how did the oline suddenly get bad. The most reliable players we have are bad. There has to me some truth to Wentz being the cause of it. We love all the great plays bur is he not processing things quicker enough and being to frantic. Luck had this same issue we hope Reich can coach it out of him.

2 minutes ago, twfish said:

I mean on the upside we will have our first round pick.......................................................

Yeah, no. I think he needs to miss four games and I’m absolutely certain that we will be stupid enough to get him to play exactly enough so we lose that first round pick but still goes nowhere. This team can be really really stupid, make no mistake about that! :sigh:

18 minutes ago, Myles said:

I cannot stand Cowterd.

Cowherd is one of our biggest cheerleaders in the national media because of his relationship with Ballard. 

I think he brings up a fair point; he's the type of QB that extends plays to the extent that he gets hit hard often. The oline can play bad and they have, but Wentz is who he is. It's hard to tell whose fault it is with him.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Cowherd said that Wentz is reckless with his body and how he plays.  That is self evident if you watched the last two games.

As good as he looked you  do have to put some blame on him. Just like Lucks recklessness caused him to get more injured. It’s that and then combine the bad oline it’s a recipe for disaster.

Just now, Wentzszn said:

As good as he looked you  do have to put some blame on him. Just like Lucks recklessness caused him to get more injured. It’s that and then combine the bad oline it’s a recipe for disaster.

Hero ball.  He should stand in the pocket more and throw it a way.  Like Luck, he tries to convert every play instead of knowing when to just give up and try to convert the next play.

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Cowherd said that Wentz is reckless with his body and how he plays.  That is self evident if you watched the last two games.

Yeah, I don't agree with Cowherd. He might be injury prone, but it's not because he's reckless, I know this after watching the last two games. 

Like I noted in another post and it really stood out at the time, what Cowherd is calling reckless, I'd call dodging sack after sack after sack.. At one point I noticed he dodged 4 potential sacks in 2 plays..

Sucks he's hurt, but I can't support piling on him, because it's not his fault he's had 21 hits in 2 games. 

Cowherd is a media tool. Wentz is injury prone theres nothing more to be said about it. Could be his fault, could be the Olines fault. Could be coaching scheme. Probably is a combination of everything. The fact remains the same though. He is injured constantly throughout his entire career. This shouldnt be surprising or such a heated debate of how or why. He is injury prone, plain and simple. some guys are, some guys arent. Rivers took endless hits behind countless crappy olines and never missed a game.

8 minutes ago, tweezy32 said:

Question is.. if we get a top 5 pick this year and wentz misses enough for us to keep our pick do we go qb?

Yes I would.

Its still early in the college season and QB's will emerge as the season goes along.

If we're headed to 5-12, we need to make the hard decision and bench Wentz to keep our 5th overall pick.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yeah, I don't agree with Cowherd. He might be injury prone, but it's not because he's reckless, I know this after watching the last two games. 

Like I noted in another post and it really stood out at the time, what Cowherd is calling reckless, I'd call dodging sack after sack after sack.. At one point I noticed he dodged 4 potential sacks in 2 plays..

Sucks he's hurt, but I can't support piling on him, because it's not his fault he's had 21 hits in 2 games. 

Sometimes your dodging sacks because your not getting the ball out when you should or getting the team into the right play.  I think it is clear he is still hesitant and still isn’t quite getting them out of a bad play. That is the QB Job. Not saying he is to blame for the loss but we can’t ignore it either.

Wentz has tried his best and played pretty decent.  Unable to take charge get us TD's in the red zone is a sore spot.  His is a big man, good athlete and good runner but runs and dives for extra yards head first which is a double edge sword.  I like that he is going for extra yards instead of sliding to protect himself and eventually can catch up to him and it did.  However, as I hate to say it, we are a little in desperation mode and he is running aggressively to get all he can, which shows his heart as a competitor.  Hopefully, we can get a few wins, be in control of  games and he can sliding after getting a first down or decent gain on the runs.

I'll just place my other editorials here:

OT Braden Smith, besides getting knocked on his backside giving up a s. ack a important play against the Seahawks last week.  Also on the 2 pt failed attempt, he seem to DE Dunlap run right past him to get to Wentz.  Reminded me of LaRaven Clark on that play.

Going to Pittman early and often is good game plan.

On Eason's interception, Doyle was cover from in front and behind.  He should have thrown deeper to his friend Pittman who was open and single covered with the DB on his back side and I believe Pittman would have better than a 50/50 chance to make a catch to get if a game tying FB try.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Sometimes your dodging sacks because your not getting the ball out when you should or getting the team into the right play.  I think it is clear he is still hesitant and still isn’t quite getting them out of a bad play. That is the QB Job. Not saying he is to blame for the loss but we can’t ignore it either.

You don't know what he is or isn't doing,   what kind of liberties he is being given.     The fact is he has been running for his life because the o line hasn't played great

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You don't know what he is or isn't doing,   what kind of liberties he is being given.     The fact is he has been running for his life because the o line hasn't played great

Reich has said over and over the QB has all the freedom at the line and must be able to get out of a bad play. All I am saying the question needs to be asked since the same thing happened in Phili and Wentz is the only constant.  We can’t totally ignore it.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Reich has said over and over the QB has all the freedom at the line and must be able to get out of a bad play. All I am saying the question needs to be asked since the same thing happened in Phili and Wentz is the only constant.  We can’t totally ignore it.

How was his online there?

11 minutes ago, Caffrey said:

Wentz has tried his best and played pretty decent.  Unable to take charge get us TD's in the red zone is a sore spot.  His is a big man, good athlete and good runner but runs and dives for extra yards head first which is a double edge sword.  I like that he is going for extra yards instead of sliding to protect himself and eventually can catch up to him and it did.  However, as I hate to say it, we are a little in desperation mode and he is running aggressively to get all he can, which shows his heart as a competitor.  Hopefully, we can get a few wins, be in control of  games and he can sliding after getting a first down or decent gain on the runs.

I'll just place my other editorials here:

OT Braden Smith, besides getting knocked on his backside giving up a s. ack a important play against the Seahawks last week.  Also on the 2 pt failed attempt, he seem to DE Dunlap run right past him to get to Wentz.  Reminded me of LaRaven Clark on that play.

Going to Pittman early and often is good game plan.

On Eason's interception, Doyle was cover from in front and behind.  He should have thrown deeper to his friend Pittman who was open and single covered with the DB on his back side and I believe Pittman would have better than a 50/50 chance to make a catch to get if a game tying FB try.

I don't know if Eason could have made that pass to Pitt but it was definitely a better decision than throwing to Doyle there. He has the arm, but he has to also be able to look off that guy...and he clearly telegraphed that pass to Doyle. That's a lot to ask of a QB in his first NFL game.

Hines was also open in the flat with some space to get the first and get OOB. Seems like it would be easier to get Eason to look for that than Pitt going deep. 

I think he (and Reich) saw how open Doyle was earlier and ran it again, but the LAR adjusted.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And take forever to heal fully.  Really bad ones can take as long as six months to heal and that’s without playing football on it.  A lot of time high ankle sprains don’t fully heal until the off-season.

Basically ruined Michael Thomas' season last year. And he's still out right now after having to get surgery.

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Not the "only" constant.   The bad play calling on short yardage plays has been happening since Reich got here.

2 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I don't know if Eason could have made that pass to Pitt but it was definitely a better decision than throwing to Doyle there. He has the arm, but he has to also be able to look off that guy...and he clearly telegraphed that pass to Doyle. That's a lot to ask of a QB in his first NFL game.

Hines was also open in the flat with some space to get the first and get OOB. Seems like it would be easier to get Eason to look for that than Pitt going deep. 

I think he (and Reich) saw how open Doyle was earlier and ran it again, but the LAR adjusted.

Basically ruined Michael Thomas' season last year. And he's still out right now after having to get surgery.

Agreed but I also think there are some other things going on with Michael Thomas too.  He seems to be going diva WR on the Saints.

18 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Cowherd is a media tool. Wentz is injury prone theres nothing more to be said about it. Could be his fault, could be the Olines fault. Could be coaching scheme. Probably is a combination of everything. The fact remains the same though. He is injured constantly throughout his entire career. This shouldnt be surprising or such a heated debate of how or why. He is injury prone, plain and simple. some guys are, some guys arent. Rivers took endless hits behind countless crappy olines and never missed a game.

Cowherd is a big Colts backer and Ballard stan. Placing (at least) some of the blame on Wentz for being the way he is...takes the spotlight a bit off the OL and the issues there (which can somewhat be attributed to Ballard this offseason).

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Agreed but I also think there are some other things going on with Michael Thomas too.  He seems to be going diva WR on the Saints.

Yeah. There could be more there. Last season, I thought he was avoiding playing with Brees (after Brees made comments before the season). 

Archived