Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

4 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Even if Watson was available, would you realistically want him? Not even talking about morality or anything, but with what’s going on with him, who knows when the hammer could/will fall from either the NFL or the US legal system.

Also that INT was 100% Reich’s fault, he even said as much

No I wouldn’t. Which is why I say he’s not realistically available. Texans gonna want a fortune for him and as you mentioned his legal issues are a huge gamble that Ballard will never even think about

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think he may play if they ice it down good. He was doing a lot of walking around which is encouraging. Overall i like Wentz game. The only thing i despise is when he dives head first instead of just sliding. Frank needs to put an end to all that bc its going to end in broken ribs, or a concussion or an untimely fumble. Id like to not see us do anymore of the OL musical chairs this week. Fisher needs to be entrenched as the starter and hopefully Braden can play this week. This group needs to be together and settle down. And i will say it for the third time. Frank needs to get back to a RB Platoon instead of the Bellcow approach. Give Taylor and Mack 8 to 15 carries a piece and sprinkle in Hines. Go with the hot hand which is what we did last year. There should never be a game where Mack doesnt see carries. The bench rider should be Wilkins. If we can get back to continuity on the line and the RB Platoon I think that will get Wentz the time he needs. Im encouraged with how we moved the ball against the Rams. If we can weather the storm i believe the offense can end up being formidable when its all said and done.

Agreed, as much as I love JT (and my fantasy teams needs him) it is infinitely better to do a platoon approach. Hines, JT, and Mack all bring something different to the table, each has their own abilities that could be used in different situations, and it would make it 10 times harder for defenses to game plan around them

5 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Hard to not play hero ball when your hero ball is quite literally the only thing keeping your team from collapsing to 0-2 before a three-game road trip. Wentz isn’t stupid, he knows that hero ball will get him hurt, but he also knows that if he hadn’t played hero ball yesterday we don’t even have a shot to win it in the fourth quarter. Is it worth the risk of injury? Probably not. But it’s not fair to basically call him stupid because of what he’s doing. 

Aaron Donald rolling up on Wentz (in a way that I don't think is entirely above board, but I'm not going to stress it either) in the open field isn't really a blame worthy event. It's just a crappy thing that happened and has nothing to do with "hero ball". Not different than Luck running 15 yards, taking a shot in the shoulder on the way out of bounds and it screwing him up. I noticed at some point yesterday Wentz avoided 4 sacks in 2 plays... hero ball, trying to survive, call it what you want, but I don't hold Wentz accountable for the end result, in this instance. 

Football isn't a nice sport.

Just now, The Fish said:

Aaron Donald rolling up on Wentz (in a way that I don't think is entirely above board, but I'm not going to stress it either) in the open field isn't really a blame worthy event. It's just a crappy thing that happened and has nothing to do with "hero ball". Not different than Luck running 15 yards, taking a shot in the shoulder on the way out of bounds and it screwing him up. I noticed at some point yesterday Wentz avoided 4 sacks in 2 plays... hero ball, trying to survive, call it what you want, but I don't hold Wentz accountable for the end result, in this instance. 

Football isn't a nice sport.

Agreed, and his other option is to basically give up on those plays and then we likely lose pretty badly. Our OL outside of Q was the real problem yesterday, not Wentz

9 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Colts failed Wentz.

My hope coming into the season was that the Colts would survive these first 5 weeks with minimal injuries. I cared about the performances more than the record. I fully expect(ed) that we'd be well below 500. I have seen nothing to dissuade me from that thought process however i have been immensely surprised at how bad we've let Carson get beat up. 

With that said, O-line issues are not unique to the Colts. They've got Mahomes beat up and injured before, they've done Lamar Jackson in also. I'm steaming mad at the situation but after cooling off from yesterday, i can look at the bright side now.

Eric Fisher played way better than he had any business doing. That's a plus.

I dont know the level of injuries he has (also Darius) but i'd treat them with extreme caution including resting up where needed. If they miss a week then so be it, i have seen enough to still maintain the stance that this team can reel off 10/11 straight W's and win this division even with a 1-4 start.

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

My hope coming into the season was that the Colts would survive these first 5 weeks with minimal injuries. I cared about the performances more than the record. I fully expect(ed) that we'd be well below 500. I have seen nothing to dissuade me from that thought process however i have been immensely surprised at how bad we've let Carson get beat up. 

With that said, O-line issues are not unique to the Colts. They've got Mahomes beat up and injured before, they've done Lamar Jackson in also. I'm steaming mad at the situation but after cooling off from yesterday, i can look at the bright side now.

I dont know the level of injuries he has (also Darius) but i'd treat them with extreme caution.

If you were to go off of inside sources and what you could see yesterday, Darius is hurting bad, which is likely why he didn’t look that hot yesterday

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

I dont know the level of injuries he has (also Darius) but i'd treat them with extreme caution.

It’s one thing to have injuries. It’s another thing for Ballard and Reich not to be at lest able to find serviceable backups. Reich’s has been terrible at scheming protection too.

This entire thing makes me sick. It could of been avoided. Wentz has early retirement written all over him.

Just now, chickenMan said:

If you were to go off of inside sources and what you could see yesterday, Darius is hurting bad, which is likely why he didn’t look that hot yesterday

Then he needs to take a back seat if he is hurting the team. 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

It’s one thing to have injuries. It’s another thing for Ballard and Reich not to be at lest able to find serviceable backups. Reich’s has been terrible at scheming protection too.

This entire thing makes me sick. It could of been avoided. Wentz has early retirement written all over him.

I would argue he is not hurting the team. Injured Darius Leonard is still better than our backups, IMO. Our LB and OL depth are atrocious

1 minute ago, krunk said:

What did you guys think of Pryor who was blocking on the right side? The guy from Philly

Pryor gave up two pressures. Davenport gave up 7. But Davenport played the entire game. Fisher played 73% of the snaps so Davenport was on the right side most of the game.

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I would argue he is not hurting the team. Injured Darius Leonard is still better than our backups, IMO. Our LB and OL depth are atrocious

Darius big advantage is his playmaking ability. If he isn’t making plays and is too hurt to tackle then he is a liability.

Pryor gave up two pressures. Davenport gave up 7. But Davenport played the entire game. Fisher played 73% of the snaps so Davenport was on the right side most of the game.

Darius big advantage is his playmaking ability. If he isn’t making plays and is too hurt to tackle then he is a liability.

True that is a big part, but his on-field energy and leadership are also a massive part of his abilities. Replacing Leonard with EJ Speed or Franklin not only limits your defensive capabilities, it also takes out a team captain and your most fiery defensive player

14 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

I think he's been hurt all offseason, even after the surgery he had earlier in the summer. Makes me wonder if the surgery didn't work or if this is going to be a chronic issue until he gets a bigger surgery.

And while he's better than other LBs, he looks fairly pedestrian out there. Definitely not moving as fast and not looking to get into the fray as often.

6 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

True that is a big part, but his on-field energy and leadership are also a massive part of his abilities. Replacing Leonard with EJ Speed or Franklin not only limits your defensive capabilities, it also takes out a team captain and your most fiery defensive player

Well maybe he needs to be that leader on the side line and get the thing fixed. My guess is he will have surgery if this season really goes off the rakes the next few weeks.

Just now, shasta519 said:

I think he's been hurt all offseason, even after the surgery he had earlier in the summer. Makes me wonder if the surgery didn't work or if this is going to be a chronic issue until he gets a bigger surgery.

And while he's better than other LBs, he looks fairly pedestrian out there. Definitely not moving as fast and not looking to get into the fray as often.

Yeah, I definitely think he may need to take a game or two off to heal, my overall point was that it’s not selfish for him to be out there considering that even an injured Leonard is way better than Speed or Franklin, especially in the intangibles

He is probably having a MRI today. I doubt he had it last night.

They must have done something last night, if they are doing MORE tests now. Just makes me think whatever that initial test was ended up being bad and now they are confirming how bad it is...like if surgery is necessary.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

It's unfortunate. That's the only way to describe it. We have to think the long game here. I'm going to be in kumbaya mode because i have cooled off but i think the points i will raise are good.

When you speak of o-line backups, lets remember this, Ballard brought in quite a few bodies.  It's not like he didnt try. Serviceable backups is exactly what the whole league wants. We all loved seeing Ravens v Chiefs last night but if you watched the Ravens in week 1, they had big o-line issues. Both tackles were abysmal versus the Raiders. We've seen the Chiefs have line issues. It is what is is. Do you know of teams who have starting caliber backups for their o-line? 

Maybe the line coach should be under some heat? I don't know. It's hard to be functional when you have turnstiles at tackle. And then the guys who would usually be reliable have not played well i.e. Kelly and Glow and Braden (who was hurt). 

We crucified the arrogant Ryan Grigson for getting Luck killed but we forget that he threw resources at the line. Lets not do same with Ballard. He's tried. And before anyone talks of the draft, I'm very okay with him taking back to back d-linemen. If you think a rookie lineman was going to come in and do much better than what we saw, i think you'd be mistaken. FYI Darrisaw hasn't played this season.

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

They must have done something last night, if they are doing MORE tests now. Just makes me think whatever that initial test was ended up being bad and now they are confirming how bad it is...like if surgery is necessary.

Probably xrays. TUA had X-rays on his ribs yesterday and today they are doing a MRI even after the X-ray showed no damage.

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Yeah, I definitely think he may need to take a game or two off to heal, my overall point was that it’s not selfish for him to be out there considering that even an injured Leonard is way better than Speed or Franklin, especially in the intangibles

Definitely not selfish at all. Ballard just have him $100M...he's getting paid a lot of money to be out there. 

But that was my concern at the time of that contract, that injuries would be a problem for him. I am not a doc, but I am just not sure what a couple of games will do for an injury he rehabbed all TC...but still isn't right. I think it's flying under the radar, but I have real concerns about what this could mean for Leonard.

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

It's unfortunate. That's the only way to describe it. We have to think the long game here. I'm going to be in kumbaya mode because i have cooled off but i think the points i will raise are good.

When you speak of o-line backups, lets remember this, Ballard brought in quite a few bodies.  It's not like he didnt try. Serviceable backups is exactly what the whole league wants. We all loved seeing Ravens v Chiefs last night but if you watched the Ravens in week 1, they had big o-line issues. Both tackles were abysmal versus the Raiders. We've seen the Chiefs have line issues. It is what is is. Do you know of teams who have starting caliber backups for their o-line? 

Maybe the line coach should be under some heat? I don't know. It's hard to be functional when you have turnstiles at tackle. And then the guys who would usually be reliable have not played well i.e. Kelly and Glow and Braden (who was hurt). 

We crucified the arrogant Ryan Grigson for getting Luck killed but we forget that he threw resources at the line. Lets not do same with Ballard. He's tried. And before anyone talks of the draft, I'm very okay with him taking back to back d-linemen. If you think a rookie lineman was going to come in and do much better than what we saw, i think you'd be mistaken. FYI Darrisaw hasn't played this season.

I have thought about the line coach too. I think we need to look really hard at. Didn’t we bring in a hall of famer to help this past season.

3 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Definitely not selfish at all. Ballard just have him $100M...he's getting paid a lot of money to be out there. 

But that was my concern at the time of that contract, that injuries would be a problem for him. I am not a doc, but I am just not sure what a couple of games will do for an injury he rehabbed all TC...but still isn't right. I think it's flying under the radar, but I have real concerns about what this could mean for Leonard.

Yeah it worries me too. We have some stuff to sort out with this team, and fast

14 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Eagles fans currently very loud about how happy they are they dont have to deal with Wentz weekly injury and also very loud about how upset they are that they dont think they are getting the 1st round pick lol/

It seems they just like being miserable and being toxic. Sad that's their reputation, and worse that they live up to it.

10 minutes ago, colts89 said:

It seems they just like being miserable and being toxic. Sad that's their reputation, and worse that they live up to it.

Yes while that may be true, they do know Wentz a little better than us, and this being injured thing doesn't seem to be anything new.

14 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Crucifying Ballard is one thing. But I think it's fair if Ballard gets a fraction of the vitriol that has been directed toward Grigson over the years. Especially with the amount of credit he has received for building the OL. These are depth players he brought in.

Grigson tried and failed, but injuries were a big part of that. And we are seeing what happens when OL players get hurt. And Grigson had no more control over those injuries than Ballard does now.

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I take that to mean more test than what they did yesterday which is pretty standard.

Hopefully. It looked really bad live. Perhaps it was an x-ray to make sure there wasn't a fracture and an MRI today to assess ligament damage (if any). The fact that both of his ankles are hurt worries me.

29 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

I would guess x ray last night mri today very standard type of deal . The only assumption I see at this point is it's not broke .

Sorry, I am a superstitious guy. Just don't let Peyton visit Lucas Oil Stadium again.

Comes in 2013 as a Bronco, Colts win but the normally durable Reggie Wayne out for the season.

Comes here in 2015, Colts win but Luck goes out for the season with a lacerated kidney.

Comes here in 2016 with the SB 41 winning gang for the game vs Titans, Luck suffers concussion and misses a few games.

Yesterday, comes here along with Edge, and you saw with Wentz. I rest my case. :( 

29 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Hopefully. It looked really bad live. Perhaps it was an x-ray to make sure there wasn't a fracture and an MRI today to assess ligament damage (if any). The fact that both of his ankles are hurt worries me.

A sprain is a ligament tear. Just depends how bad it is how long he will be out.

Archived