Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

20 minutes ago, Shive said:

MOD NOTE:

Back and forths about Kaepernick completely derailed this thread and all posts related to this have been removed. Please keep this thread to the topic of Wentz injury updates.

Agree

Also, anyone derailing this thread further risks suspension

We all know your opinion, you don't need to state it again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't want the Colts to bring any other QB in.   Go with Eason and let's see what we have.   

I totally agree. If Wentz can't go, lets see what the kid brings to the table. No better time to find out than right now. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hoose said:

I totally agree. If Wentz can't go, lets see what the kid brings to the table. No better time to find out than right now. 

It's not like we are throwing a true rookie out there.   He was on the team all of last season and played allot this preseason.   He should be ready for his "test".  I'd rather know what he can do than bring in another QB who will not know the team.  

22 minutes ago, Myles said:

It's not like we are throwing a true rookie out there.   He was on the team all of last season and played allot this preseason.   He should be ready for his "test".  I'd rather know what he can do than bring in another QB who will not know the team.  

Frank said it himself he is like a rookie because he didn't get a real training camp. Eason isn't doing anything special but making a sack highlight. We need Carson healthy.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Frank said it himself he is like a rookie because he didn't get a real training camp. Eason isn't doing anything special but making a sack highlight. We need Carson healthy.

Being on the team last year is a positive that a rookie doesn't have.   Not saying it is so beneficial that he will be good, just that it helps a bit.  

I also think we need Carson to win games but let's find out what Eason is.  At least we'll know if he's gone after this season.

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

I think Carson starts this week. As long as there is no ligament damage and it's just a pain issue they'll shoot up his ankles before the game and he's a tough SOB.

I can see that.   This is the biggest game of the season for the Colts.  Win and they are tied for the division lead.   It's against the favorite to win the division.  The way Oakland and Denver look, the wildcard may not be in play for us later in the season. 

42 minutes ago, Myles said:

I can see that.   This is the biggest game of the season for the Colts.  Win and they are tied for the division lead.   It's against the favorite to win the division.  The way Oakland and Denver look, the wildcard may not be in play for us later in the season. 

Agree.  If there was a game he was going to play through pain with this is the one.  I think he plays. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I see no way Wentz is going to play Sunday. Two ankle sprains is not going to allow him to practice and if he tries to play he will be a sitting duck behind our under achieving line. 

I dunno, I think if we get Smith back this week the line play will be much better.  I don't fear the Titans D as much as I do LAR's.  If he plays perhaps Carson will have better protection.

11 minutes ago, Moe said:

Jmv said, Carson has his leg in a boot riding a scooter around :(

Leg in a boot and riding a scooter.  So this is an indication he won’t be playing?  They don’t seem to be worried about him hurting it further.  Looks like a precautionary move to me with the boot.  Maybe more rest tomorrow, limited Thursday, FP Friday, good to go Sunday.

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

Leg in a boot and riding a scooter.  So this is an indication he won’t be playing?  They don’t seem to be worried about him hurting it further.  Looks like a precautionary move to me with the boot.  Maybe more rest tomorrow, limited Thursday, FP Friday, good to go Sunday.

The boot is just standard procedure. The scooter is to stay off his feet as much as possible.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

The boot is just standard procedure. The scooter is to stay off his feet as much as possible.

Where I live a scooter has two wheels and he could still find a way to lose control and    fall off.  A golf cart with 4 wheels would be the safer alternative to keep him off his feet.  If it’s a scooter I’m not as worried about the ankle.

• Shive locked and unlocked this topic
  • Shive locked this topic
  • Shive unlocked this topic