Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joel Erickson said on the podcast Wentz was walking around after the game. They said they would think if it was broken he wouldn’t be doing that most likely. They also said it’s not unusual for QB to play in sprained ankles. But Wentz mobility could make it tough. Maybe it would force him to get rid of the ball quicker if he has no mobility.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah this is as much as we are going to know tonight.  The good news is no one seems to think it’s broken.  Now we just wait and see what it is and then how does it respond to treatment. Hopefully it responds as well as his foot did.

I don’t know how quick it would swell but I think it’s good news he has his regular shoe on.

5 hours ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

Or slide

Still may have a ligament damaged. MRI should tell.

oh, there's sure to be ligament damage, he's (wentz) is hopefully it's not broken. If he can come back at all, it will be a while.  Ballard needs to find a free agent QB asap, I mean he's probably up right now waking free agents up as it's only 11:56pm Indiana Time.

2 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

oh, there's sure to be ligament damage, he's (wentz) is hopefully it's not broken. If he can come back at all, it will be a while.  Ballard needs to find a free agent QB asap, I mean he's probably up right now waking free agents up as it's only 11:56pm Indiana Time.

Aside from Cam, there's really nobody out there I see that's an obvious upgrade to Eason. Now if you're talking about Eason's backup, sure. But I think Hundley is as good as most of the guys on this list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2021/all/quarterback/available/

A trade for somebody is really the only true upgrade path if not Cam, and I really don't want to give up draft future draft capital. There are a few players I could see trading.

5 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

oh, there's sure to be ligament damage, he's (wentz) is hopefully it's not broken. If he can come back at all, it will be a while.  Ballard needs to find a free agent QB asap, I mean he's probably up right now waking free agents up as it's only 11:56pm Indiana Time.

We don’t know anything but I find it probably not likely he is walking on a ankle with ligament damage or it being broken. It probably would be in a boot.

6 hours ago, Smash Mouth said:

Dude is snake bitten with injuries. It’s happens to some players. 

he should've just ate that sack since field goal tied the game. him trying to extend the play and then trying to get rid of the ball while being tackled is a bone headed decision and could've lead to a freak tip/pick and game over right there. If he ate that sack then he doesn't get all twisted around. He needs to learn that he isn't Luck. Luck took hits every game worse than those and he lasted 3+ seasons till he had an injury that forced him to miss games. 

Wentz REALLY needs to become more like Brady.  Hero ball gets you hurt.  Make the smart play and live to see another down.  Wentz cannot get this through his thick skull.  Sitting on the sidelines does nothing for your team.  He just doesnt seem to get it.  Someone needs to sit him down and spell it out to him or he needs to get out of the NFL.  He has pulled this % since he started at NDSU and luckily had Stick to bail him out.  Enuff is enuff.

20 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Watching Wentz presser was very hard. This is a guy fhat is frustrated with injuries and it would not be a surprise if he ends up retiring earlier then expected. 

One of the fantasy  docs just said if the sprain is bad enoggh he will need surgery.

Smh

1 hour ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Wentz REALLY needs to become more like Brady.  Hero ball gets you hurt.  Make the smart play and live to see another down.  Wentz cannot get this through his thick skull.  Sitting on the sidelines does nothing for your team.  He just doesnt seem to get it.  Someone needs to sit him down and spell it out to him or he needs to get out of the NFL.  He has pulled this % since he started at NDSU and luckily had Stick to bail him out.  Enuff is enuff.

Sadly it’s who he is and you aren’t going to change him at this point.  Frankly he’s a poor man’s Andrew Luck right down to the injury concerns.

Wentz reportedly said he has rolled or sprained his ankle over a hundred times. Is that a figure of speech or is he serious? I would think if that's the truth, the ankle may get injured at the drop of a hat. Injuries tend to recur the more times it happens. There was a study involving 65 professional male football players. The recurrence of a secondary ankle sprain following the same initial injury was 50 percent higher than those without a previous ankle sprain.

Blaming Wentz somehow?  The guy was trying to make a play, trying win a game behind horrible O-line play.  Any QB's ankle gets rolled over like that and they would be out.

I've been reliving Luck's career the past two weeks.  This organization certainly finds ways to shorten QBs' careers.

7 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Aside from Cam, there's really nobody out there I see that's an obvious upgrade to Eason. Now if you're talking about Eason's backup, sure. But I think Hundley is as good as most of the guys on this list.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2021/all/quarterback/available/

A trade for somebody is really the only true upgrade path if not Cam, and I really don't want to give up draft future draft capital. There are a few players I could see trading.

Some of the guys on that list are not free agents. Mannion is with the Vikes. I believe Nick Mullens and Nate Sudfeld are with teams. Is there an updated list? 

Thank you!

Carson will miss 2-3 games. I’m hoping I’m wrong. The injury was not on him. The OLine was getting him killed yesterday. Playing hero ball was him trying to win a game. I will not bash the guy. OLine failed him yesterday. It was expected though. We haven’t played as a full unit. They will get better as the season goes on. 

26 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Some of the guys on that list are not free agents. Mannion is with the Vikes. I believe Nick Mullens and Nate Sudfeld are with teams. Is there an updated list? 

Thank you!

I don't like any of them regardless.

Not sure where a better list would be.

All the FA off season lists are pretty much forgotten about and outdated.

47 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you!

Mannion is on Vikes P.S. not regular roster, Sudfeld same with S.F. and Mullens in Clev. Some P.S. players are protected and many of those are QB's.

Blake Bortles,Kyle Sloter and Duck Hodges best of true Free Agent lot , while all may be better then Hundley by the time they came in and learned playbook likely wouldnt be worth it and we may have Ehlinger back as early as two more weeks....

Just roll with who we have with Eason. That’s not an available QB ANYWHERE on the market (not counting Watson because realistically he’s not an option) that is going to come in here and give this team a shot at the division or even a Wild Card. 

Roll with Eason, it’ll be painful at first I’m sure, but I think he’s serviceable. And for anyone crying about the INT, Lawerence and Wilson threw a crap load yesterday too and they are too 5 draft picks

I think he may play if they ice it down good. He was doing a lot of walking around which is encouraging. Overall i like Wentz game. The only thing i despise is when he dives head first instead of just sliding. Frank needs to put an end to all that bc its going to end in broken ribs, or a concussion or an untimely fumble. Id like to not see us do anymore of the OL musical chairs this week. Fisher needs to be entrenched as the starter and hopefully Braden can play this week. This group needs to be together and settle down. And i will say it for the third time. Frank needs to get back to a RB Platoon instead of the Bellcow approach. Give Taylor and Mack 8 to 15 carries a piece and sprinkle in Hines. Go with the hot hand which is what we did last year. There should never be a game where Mack doesnt see carries. The bench rider should be Wilkins. If we can get back to continuity on the line and the RB Platoon I think that will get Wentz the time he needs. Im encouraged with how we moved the ball against the Rams. If we can weather the storm i believe the offense can end up being formidable when its all said and done.

Oh man, trying to see a silver lining.

My only thought is this:

Wentz has looked pretty dang good IMO. So I still think that he could very well end up being the QB for the next few years.

So, the silver lining I have came up as we set here under 24hrs from injury and really no word on severity.

If Wentz was to miss the next 3-4 games it wouldn't be the worst thing for future of organization.

We would be in position to keep our 1st round pick next year, which would be huge.

It wouldn't be because of talent but injury, so Wentz should be able to return later in season have 1st round secured, then try and make a run for playoffs at the end of the year.

Sitting here today we are only 1 game out of division and play leaders this week.

Long season, if Wentz truly can be our QB for the foreseeable future(I believe he can), him missing a few games this year only helps out the future of the team. Hopefully we can keep it close in the South though. I think we can.

9 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

I myself would rather he be more Manning like

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Just roll with who we have with Eason. That’s not an available QB ANYWHERE on the market (not counting Watson because realistically he’s not an option) that is going to come in here and give this team a shot at the division or even a Wild Card. 

Roll with Eason, it’ll be painful at first I’m sure, but I think he’s serviceable. And for anyone crying about the INT, Lawerence and Wilson threw a crap load yesterday too and they are too 5 draft picks

Even if Watson was available, would you realistically want him? Not even talking about morality or anything, but with what’s going on with him, who knows when the hammer could/will fall from either the NFL or the US legal system.

Also that INT was 100% Reich’s fault, he even said as much

9 hours ago, NDSU_Guy said:

Hard to not play hero ball when your hero ball is quite literally the only thing keeping your team from collapsing to 0-2 before a three-game road trip. Wentz isn’t stupid, he knows that hero ball will get him hurt, but he also knows that if he hadn’t played hero ball yesterday we don’t even have a shot to win it in the fourth quarter. Is it worth the risk of injury? Probably not. But it’s not fair to basically call him stupid because of what he’s doing. 

Archived