Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Wilkins over Mack is senseless. Hines does well against Tenn usually but you will never get me to agree with Wilkins over Mack especially on a day like this when the ground game is crucial.

i  think wilkins plays special teams mack does not . could be the reason why , even though mack is a good blocker and better runner .

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i  think wilkins plays special teams mack does not . could be the reason why , even though mack is a good blocker and better runner .

I think you’re right.  And I also think they might be able to trade him before the deadline and want to keep him healthy.  From what I have read Strachan is pretty much one dimensional when it comes to route running.  Something he needs to work on.  When TY returns he might find himself on the active bubble.

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I think you’re right.  And I also think they might be able to trade him before the deadline and want to keep him healthy.  From what I have read Strachan is pretty much one dimensional when it comes to route running.  Something he needs to work on.  When TY returns he might find himself on the active bubble.

nonsense. You are the king of just because trades

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

He will be no more on the bubble than Patmon was last year. I could see him being inactive and Patmon taking his snaps though.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

He's saying what needs to be said

Exactly. And it's pretty much what Chris Ballard has said on multiple occasions. We've already been bitten by this issue this season, and more than any fan, Jim Irsay feels the direct impact of this particular decision CW has made. Folks want to staple the distraction, cuckoo label on Irsay. It's unfortunate behavior IMHO. If anything, it took too long for Jim to come out and say this.

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

So Hundley is listed as Wentz backup lol. Just cut Eason. What a horrible way to handle the preseason snaps.

This is why during preseason I tried to prod you not to get too involved in the battle between Eason and Ehlinger. It didn't matter. It still doesn't matter. Why? Even if Wentz goes out for injuries/covid, the forecast will be same regardless of who lines up in his place.....dire. Just like with the tackle/line issues, we're just throwing bodies out there hoping it works. And there isnt a backup to bring in who's going to drastically be a winning solution, yes that includes Nick Foles. You don't bring in Foles after the history he had with Carson, the minute you signed Carson, you essentially put yourself in that boat

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Exactly. And it's pretty much what Chris Ballard has said on multiple occasions. We've already been bitten by this issue this season, and more than any fan, Jim Irsay feels the direct impact of this particular decision CW has made. Folks want to staple the distraction, cuckoo label on Irsay. It's unfortunate behavior IMHO. If anything, it took too long for Jim to come out and say this.

Yeah pretty hypocritical stuff

People mocking him and saying he shouldn't talk about vaccination...............at the same time feeling entitled to share their point of view not only on vaccination but also on who should be allowed to speak

That's what makes me roll my eyes.

Proud of our owner!

12 minutes ago, Nadine said:

He's saying what needs to be said

Sincere question. Aside from simply voicing his opinion (which most have historically shrugged off), giving a divided nation and fanbase something more to squabble about, and putting some key players on the spot publicly, what did it really accomplish?

7 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

This is why during preseason I tried to prod you not to get too involved in the battle between Eason and Ehlinger. It didn't matter. It still doesn't matter. Why? Even if Wentz goes out for injuries/covid, the forecast will be same regardless of who lines up in his place.....dire. Just like with the tackle/line issues, we're just throwing bodies out there hoping it works. And there isnt a backup to bring in who's going to drastically be a winning solution, yes that includes Nick Foles. You don't bring in Foles after the history he had with Carson, the minute you signed Carson, you essentially put yourself in that boat

yup, they were simply trying to develop JE and SE.... And you have to give them reps to develop. Obviously, the development didn't work lol... 

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Damn they through in the towel on Eason. If the kid confidence wasn’t crashed already this probably does it. Wouldn’t be surprised if they bring in Sam when he’s and kick Eason back to PS.

Wentz came back from practice not long after Sam got hurt. But Hundley should of been getting more first string reps and more preseason reps if they didn’t like Eason. They really screwed this up bad. 

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Sincere question. Aside from simply voicing his opinion (which most have historically shrugged off), giving a divided nation and fanbase something more to squabble about, and putting some key players on the spot publicly, what did it really accomplish?

I don't agree that his opinion is shrugged off.

Look at the reaction he got here

What he accomplished is NOT being silent.  Fans who want him to be silent are critical and personally insulting toward him on his website.

The rest of us are happy

Our divide isn't greater

It's the same

More people need to speak out in favor of vaccinations

4 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I don't agree that his opinion is shrugged off.

Look at the reaction he got here

What he accomplished is NOT being silent.  Fans who want him to be silent are critical and personally insulting toward him on his website.

The rest of us are happy

Our divide isn't greater

It's the same

More people need to speak out in favor of vaccinations

I love Jim, but he's no saint. 

He gave one side something to cheer for. And the other side something to role their eyes at.

Didn't change anything except for making a few folks argue that won't change opinions regardless, and put a couple players on the spot the night before a big game.

But like I said, it accomplished nothing. You happen to be on the side that's cheering and that's fine.

• Shive locked and unlocked this topic
  • Shive locked this topic
  • Shive unlocked this topic

Archived