Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I dunno, I think if we get Smith back this week the line play will be much better.  I don't fear the Titans D as much as I do LAR's.  If he plays perhaps Carson will have better protection.

We need to play smashmouth football. Let Wentz rest, start Eason and create a 20-25 throw game plan with short quick routes and run it down the Titans throat....

Just now, TimetobringDfence! said:

We need to play smashmouth football. Let Wentz rest, start Eason and create a 20-25 throw game plan with short quick routes and run it down the Titans throat....

The defense has no excuse not to come in and show up. I can deal with someone losing a battle to Jones, but not forgetting to cover him. We need solid execution to get any growth.

2 minutes ago, TimetobringDfence! said:

Gotta chuck it down field a few times to loosen things up though. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I like the dudes heart but is thing, fragile glass. Odds are he will be hurt again. Rather they just sit him for 5 games and let him heal

I saw a tweet this afternoon that got me to look up stats because it took me off guard.  This is the 6th season he has been in the league and if he misses the game Sunday it will be the first time he has missed a regular season game due to injury since 2018.   In 2017 he left the Rams game with an ACL tear and missed the last 3 regular season games.  In 2018 he played 11 games and had to sit the rest with a hairline fracture in his back but other than those two regular seasons he has played every single regular season game.   The tweet was something along those lines...

I said to myself that can't be and had to look it up and all that information is correct.   The Mr. Glass stuff seems to be a meme and its said so much by the media everyone just believes it because they keep saying it year after year so it must be true.   It may have been true earlier in his career but now is seems like the "in" thing to say. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Leg in a boot and riding a scooter.  So this is an indication he won’t be playing?  They don’t seem to be worried about him hurting it further.  Looks like a precautionary move to me with the boot.  Maybe more rest tomorrow, limited Thursday, FP Friday, good to go Sunday.

It’s how you get swelling to go down which is what you need for him to be able to play.  Patience is required here.

5 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just Doyle complaining national media will find out before local media.

Gregg Doyel? Complaining about something?

No, that can’t be right...

Obvious sarcasm aside, why does he expect the Colts to treat him and his peers with any special info when he constantly craps on the Colts week in and week out

6 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

I’m more concerned with the Rhodes and Smith injuries. Hopefully they play this week.

Reich didn’t mention Rhodes not practicing so hopefully that’s good news. Smith isnt and he said he had a strain in his foot.  He has had this since camp I bet and this is why he played so bad week 1. 

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hopefully Rhodes can play. If Smith cant then i hope they go with Pryor at RT and not Davenport.

I would like to see what Pryor can do. We have seen enough of Davenport. Reich said Fisher and Nelson had no setbacks after the game so Fisher should play the entire game. I thought our offense looked better when he was in there.

Reich said they will be preparing as if Eason is going to start and it will just be a surprise if Wentz can go.

3 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I would like to see what Pryor can do. We have seen enough of Davenport. Reich said Fisher and Nelson had no setbacks after the game so Fisher should play the entire game. I thought our offense looked better when he was in there.

Reich said they will be preparing as if Eason is going to start and it will just be a surprise if Wentz can go.

Sounds like Wentz is on the right trajectory though. Id say maybe 60/40 if hes out of the boot and no crutches.

15 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

They don't have that luxury. An 0-3 hole and 0-1 start in the division is going to be hard to overcome.

They can’t look at it like that or they are going to ruin him for the rest of the season. They can’t take a short term view on it. If he goes out and compensates and tears s knee that takes his rehab all the way through camp again next season.  This is the guy they want for the next 8 years.

Archived