Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?


csmopar
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Oh, he gave up a sack.    So did everyone else not named Nelson.    Don't give me PFF stats without posting them

I dont write down oline stats when im watching the game lmao.  I was watching him and going by the eye test he wasnt good.  I mentioned pff because they rated him low too

 

If you have advanced Oline stats that say he was good then feel free to post those, ill wait

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

What indications are these?  Hes been hurt and struggled a bit when he played

 

We didnt have to have Dayo in the draft

He was good in KC. It's safe to say injury and rust are the major doubts with him. We don't need HoF LT play from him, we just need him to be top 20 LT and i think he can be that. 

 

Indications? He's healthy, not on injury report this week, that's a GREAT thing. Also, again, it was his first game back. I mentioned before the game that we needed to temper our expectations from him. Dude was out for a while. I expected that he'd give Tevi/Davenport type play honestly. For me anything above that was gravy, and he played well above that. Again, if LT is an issue for you then what do you say about the C, RT, RG who have all been pretty terrible this season. Fisher is not the problem. I think the Colts have invested plenty in the line, I don't agree with that philosophy but that's another discussion.

 

We didnt have to have Dayo? What LT were we getting in his place then? If YOU were GM, what LT would you have picked up? Philosophically, i cannot bring myself to a place where i ever think LT > Pass rush. Dayo isnt impacting the Colts today but if he's back in week 9 and gets us a pass rush boost then i'm all for that. They had a 1st round grade on him alongside some other teams. We can't have it all.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Theres always got to be one guy who comes along offering the counter pessimist view and sounding so sure of it way before its necessary.

 

True. Often that person is correct.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

I dont write down oline stats when im watching the game lmao.  I was watching him and going by the eye test he wasnt good.  I mentioned pff because they rated him low too

 

If you have advanced Oline stats that say he was good then feel free to post those, ill wait

Where are the pff stats that graded him bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He was good in KC. It's safe to say injury and rust are the major doubts with him. We don't need HoF LT play from him, we just need him to be top 20 LT and i think he can be that. 

 

Indications? He's healthy, not on injury report this week, that's a GREAT thing. Also, again, it was his first game back. I mentioned before the game that we needed to temper our expectations from him. Dude was out for a while. I expected that he'd give Tevi/Davenport type play honestly. For me anything above that was gravy, and he played well above that. Again, if LT is an issue for you then what do you say about the C, RT, RG who have all been pretty terrible this season. Fisher is not the problem. I think the Colts have invested plenty in the line, I don't agree with that philosophy but that's another discussion.

 

We didnt have to have Dayo? What LT were we getting in his place then? If YOU were GM, what LT would you have picked up? Philosophically, i cannot bring myself to a place where i ever think LT > Pass rush. Dayo isnt impacting the Colts today but if he's back in week 9 and gets us a pass rush boost then i'm all for that. They had a 1st round grade on him alongside some other teams. We can't have it all.

 

True. Often that person is correct.

Missing week one hurt the team a lot already.  Maybe he will get better, maybe not

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Where are the pff stats that graded him bad

On their website 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

He was good in KC. It's safe to say injury and rust are the major doubts with him. We don't need HoF LT play from him, we just need him to be top 20 LT and i think he can be that. 

 

Indications? He's healthy, not on injury report this week, that's a GREAT thing. Also, again, it was his first game back. I mentioned before the game that we needed to temper our expectations from him. Dude was out for a while. I expected that he'd give Tevi/Davenport type play honestly. For me anything above that was gravy, and he played well above that. Again, if LT is an issue for you then what do you say about the C, RT, RG who have all been pretty terrible this season. Fisher is not the problem. I think the Colts have invested plenty in the line, I don't agree with that philosophy but that's another discussion.

 

We didnt have to have Dayo? What LT were we getting in his place then? If YOU were GM, what LT would you have picked up? Philosophically, i cannot bring myself to a place where i ever think LT > Pass rush. Dayo isnt impacting the Colts today but if he's back in week 9 and gets us a pass rush boost then i'm all for that. They had a 1st round grade on him alongside some other teams. We can't have it all.

 

True. Often that person is correct.

Nope

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

Missing week one hurt the team a lot already.  Maybe he will get better, maybe not

On their website 

 

 

Eric Fisher wasn't going to save us versus Seattle though. We all saw the ENTIRE line? We all saw the defense? Could the presence of a decent LT have helped us win? I don't know about that. Pressure was coming from everywhere. Braden Smith and Ryan Kelly who're usually reliable were sieves. We lost across so many fronts in the opening game. 

 

Also, the line is bad, over two weeks it's been an issue but Carson could also get rid of the ball quicker, and could do a better job setting up protections. We're all (well mostly all) happy with him but he can also help his line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Nope

 

Cool. Lets all leave rational senses behind and be mad that the GM didnt pick up a first grade pass rusher, a first grade LT, AND a first grade RT in the draft, while also failing to splurge big time in free agency. Lets can the sumbich. 

Better?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Yes,    yes it is.    Your eye test is bad.    

No it isnt. feel free to post those advanced stats you were asking me for if you really want to prove yourself right

 

the only way that rating is average is if you include second and third stringers like davenport 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would anyone expect or think Fisher should pick up from 9 months ago coming off Achilles surgery?    Who does that?

 

Its going to take Fisher a while to get up to speed and return to form.   I don’t pretend to know when that will be, but for now I personally am not expecting anything more than average from him. 
 

Fisher wasn’t signed as a one year fix.  We hope he’ll be our LT for several years. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

its not for a starter though 

We have paid two guys on the line. Braden Smith, and Ryan Kelly. Our o-line is in the top 3 most expensive lines in the league. How's that worked out so far? Yet what i'm getting from these comments is we should have invested even more on the line? Whether in trade, FA, or high draft picks. 

 

Fisher's grade was more than fine for a guy coming back from injury. Losing really sucks but he wasn't the reason we lost to Seattle (in absentia) and certainly wasn't why we lost to LA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why would anyone expect or think Fisher should pick up from 9 months ago coming off Achilles surgery?    Who does that?

 

Its going to take Fisher a while to get up to speed and return to form.

Thats why i didnt want him though.  I get they are playing the long game but its hurt the team so far

 

We have a qb that has had trouble staying on the field too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

No it isnt. feel free to post those advanced stats you were asking me for if you really want to prove yourself right

 

the only way that rating is average is if you include second and third stringers like davenport 

So you don't know.   You haven't looked at any advanced stats.   You are basing his performance on your eye test,  but you didn't watch every other tackle?   I will post his complete pff stats once you show me the pff stats that you claimed were bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jvan1973 said:

So you don't know.   You haven't looked at any advanced stats.   You are basing his performance on your eye test,  but you didn't watch every other tackle?   I will post his complete pff stats once you show me the pff stats that you claimed were bad

I know what i saw, i guess we are done here and I am ok with that. You rarely add anything here anyway, you just look to argue with people that say something you dont like 

 

You could look for those stats if you want to add something 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BlackTiger said:

Thats why i didnt want him though.  I get they are playing the long game but its hurt the team so far 

 

BTW, here's another thing to consider. Outside of Sewell, i would bet money that any rookie LT coming into this team would have struggled big time probably for the entire year. Do you remember how it went for the last few LTs we drafted in the 1st round? Remember Tony Ugoh? Remember how Anthony Castanzo's first season or two went?  We all remember how his career ended but that guy had issues for a while. So that leaves us with what? Free agency?

Some folks wanted us to splurge on Trent Williams....like really? And pay the other players exactly how? Remember this line is already very well paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

That’s fair.  I am just saying if they go out and get someone today its not good odds he’ll be able to help Sunday.  If Smith can’t go Pryor is probably the best hope but that probably depends on if Fisher is ready for a full game.

Agreed. Which is why it should have been done weeks ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BlackTiger said:

I know what i saw, i guess we are done here and I am ok with that. You rarely add anything here anyway, you just look to argue with people that say something you dont like 

 

You could look for those stats if you want to add something 

No,   you said you had the pff grade that said he was bad.    Where is it?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

No,   you said you had the pff grade that said he was bad.    Where is it?   

you linked it yourself so props for that one.  62 isnt good 

 

Im not even a pff fanatic, they agreed with me so i mentioned it.  Post something that shows he was good 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

you linked it yourself so props for that one.  62 isnt good 

 

Im not even a pff fanatic, they agreed with me so i mentioned it.  Post something that shows he was good 

He was average.   Not terrible.   Own the fact that you had no idea what his pff grade was and move on.   

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BlackTiger said:

lmao, they gave him a 62 which is on the low end of backup caliber.  I knew this before i posted 

 

.  

Now check out Kelly's grade, Quenton's grade. I won't even bother mentioning the rest because we expect them to be average. Oh, and peep Braden's week 1 grade too while you're at it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Now check out Kelly's grade, Quenton's grade. I won't even bother mentioning the rest because we expect them to be average. Oh, and peep Braden's week 1 grade too while you're at it.

Kelly has really struggled, I have always liked him too.  We are talking about EF now though?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

lmao, they gave him a 62 which is on the low end of backup caliber.  I knew this before i posted 

 

.  

Who Cares? Youre more or less trying to make yourself look smart when in actuality the bulk of us knew before he played even a snap hed be rusty. We knew it wouldnt be his best effort. Whats the point in what youre doing here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He was average on his first start after an achilles tear.  You had no idea what his pff grade was.    

Actually i did, i spent a few seconds to google that and thats why i mentioned it.  Like is said, and verified with their tweet that grade isnt good.  62 is a low end backup grade

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Shive locked and unlocked this topic
  • Shive locked this topic
  • Shive unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I am not excited by the move either but if all goes according to plan Foles will never play a meaningful snap for the Colts.  I am not going to get outraged by a guy who is being signed hoping he never plays.
    • I don’t think Foles is very good at all but I get it.  This is what Foles should be, a back up, not a starter.  Someone made a good point that he may be a bit helpful at teaching Ryan the offense.  Although I believe Ehlinger knew the offense better than Eason and Hundley last year and was teaching it to Hundley.    I said Eason was a waste of a draft pick. A year later I said Ehlinger was a waste of a draft pick. This signing confirms it.      
    • You don’t really draft QBs in the 6th round “expecting that they can play”. You are hoping that they can become a back up.  It’s not that unusual to see a team not trust a second year sixth round pick as their back up QB if they have big expectations for that season.     Tom Brady is by far the exception.  You don’t find starting QBs let alone hall of famers in the sixth round of the draft.  You tend to find Curtis Painters,  who was also a sixth round pick, that when you give them a chance you realize real fast they have no business being in the NFL.  I am not saying Sam will be another Curtis Painter but I am willing to bet he’s closer Painter than Brady.   The Colts aren’t just making this decision off a wild guess either.  They have watched Sam in camp, practice, and pre-season games and I can promise you have the studied that tape and have decided he’s not ready for that role right now.  They are more educated on this than anyone here and it’s their job to make decisions like this, and get them right, even if it means not always seeing what they can or can’t do in a game.  
    • He's not really "similar to Ryan" though.  I'm all for it if it's 2M or less, which would allow us to do some other things that we need to in FA.    If it's more than that, especially substantially more than that, then you have to consider why they wouldn't go after someone that's performed clearly better like Fitzpatrick, who is still out there.   We also have to be honest about Foles in his current state. Last season, he couldn't beat out Dalton. And the two years prior he had horrible ratings. 
  • Members

    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 9,014

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Solon

      Solon 149

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hawkeyecolt

      Hawkeyecolt 440

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 1,564

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Goatface Killah

      Goatface Killah 1,209

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fingers

      Fingers 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • EastStreet

      EastStreet 18,317

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • krunk

      krunk 5,585

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • The Peytonator

      The Peytonator 472

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,039

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...