Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Youre more or less trying to make yourself look smart when in actuality the bulk of us knew before he played even a snap hed be rusty. We knew it wouldnt be his best effort. Whats the point in what youre doing here?

Im only doing this because Jvan keeps challenging me.  They havent actually adding anything either, just argued over the pff grading scale 

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Im only doing this because Jvan keeps challenging me.  They havent actually adding anything either, just argued over the pff grading scale 

Fisher ranked as the 22nd best tackle on Sunday.   Every team has 2 starting tackles.   That's 32 starting  tackles.  That is a little below average.   He also faces Aaron Donald on a few snaps.   Eric Fisher will be fine.  

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Fisher ranked as the 22nd best tackle on Sunday.   has 2 starting tackles.   That's 32 starting  tackles.  That is a little below average.   He also faces Aaron Donald on a few snaps.   Eric Fisher will be fine.  

at least you added something, not sure below average proves your point though.  I said he wasnt good by my eye test

not good=below average 

edit, we are talking about left tackles 

10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What LTs were below him?

Well i dont have all night for this. I looked up a couple, if you want one thats lower Taylor Lewan has really struggled and graded below the 62.

I dont want to go on and on and on about pff either, i mentioned them because they agreed with something I said.  its possible that a lot of tackles are struggling now but there are also plenty that graded a lot higher than the 62.  

When pff says a grade is good average or bad, its not an exact hierarchy. its possible for everyone to get a "bad" grade if thats how the games shake out.  

5 minutes ago, BlackTiger said:

Well i dont have all night for this. I looked up a couple, if you want one thats lower Taylor Lewan has really struggled and graded below the 62.

I dont want to go on and on and on about pff either, i mentioned them because they agreed with something I said.  its possible that a lot of tackles are struggling now but there are also plenty that graded a lot higher than the 62.  

When pff says a grade is good average or bad, its not an exact hierarchy. its possible for everyone to get a "bad" grade if thats how the games shake out.  

The fact is,   Fisher played pretty well considering coming off an achilles,  no off season,  and playing against the Rams.   I wanted Leno or Villanueva.  But Fisher will be fine.   Certainly not terrible as you described 

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The fact is,   Fisher played pretty well considering coming off an achilles,  no off season,  and playing against the Rams.   I wanted Leno or Villanueva.  But Fisher will be fine.   Certainly not terrible as you described 

I wanted leno too.   Eric got back for game 2 which is great and I thought he looked good as well.

The Colts need to allow Wentz enough time to fully heal. Meanwhile, they need to fix the Offensive Line issues while he's on the sideline. Putting Wentz back on the field with two bad ankles and no protection is only going to hurt the team and Wentz' mentality moving forward. This feels like Andrew Luck all over again. Wentz deserves better.

10 hours ago, BlackTiger said:

Kelly has really struggled, I have always liked him too.  We are talking about EF now though?

Not really, the conversation started on Davenport and here we are complaining about the one piece of the line that's been a good thing.

It would be irresponsible to put wentz on the field this Sunday . He would hurt his ankle worse and be out way longer . We started 1 and 5 and made a run in 2018 . Let him heal this weak and next then start him against the ravens . We can beat the dolphins with their terrible offense . Have us at 1and 3 with wentz back fully healthy against the ravens .

4 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

we suck again GIF

That cameo really shot the Colts confidence in Eason huh?

Admittedly he didnt look anywhere near ready for the bright lights but those circumstances were unique, coming in cold to lead a 2 min drive against a stingy defense like that?

I'm not sure i agree with this approach. We've seen Hundley play in the NFL, and we know for a fact he can lose you football games. We'll see how this plays out.

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

That cameo really shot the Colts confidence in Eason huh?

Admittedly he didnt look anywhere near ready for the bright lights but those circumstances were unique, coming in cold to lead a 2 min drive against a stingy defense like that?

I'm not sure i agree with this approach. We've seen Hundley play in the NFL, and we know for a fact he can lose you football games. We'll see how this plays out.

Probably just a situation where the coaches wanted to see Hundley with the starters to see what he's capable of since they kind of know Eason already. Eason behind the oline we've seen so far will probably not fair too well and may end up hurt worse then Wentz. I still think Wentz will start but if not it'll definitely be Eason starting not Hundley.

Just now, Coltsfan98 said:

Probably just a situation where the coaches wanted to see Hundley with the starters to see what he's capable of since they kind of know Eason already. Eason behind the oline we've seen so far will probably not fair too well and may end up hurt worse then Wentz. I still think Wentz will start but if not it'll definitely be Eason starting not Hundley.

Actually the more i think of it, the more i think maybe it isn't such a crazy idea. Eason's cameo was disastrous. The one thing a backup QB has to do is look ready at the bare minimum and Jacob didn't look anything like that.

With that said, Hundley can at least scramble and with the way this line has played, that aspect of a QBs game is going to be a must-have.

1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

Actually the more i think of it, the more i think maybe it isn't such a crazy idea. Eason's cameo was disastrous. The one thing a backup QB has to do is look ready at the bare minimum and Jacob didn't look anything like that.

With that said, Hundley can at least scramble and with the way this line has played, that aspect of a QBs game is going to be a must-have.

I doubt they put much into that appearance. That's a tough situation for an experienced backup and Eason's only a second year guy with zero regular season snaps. Not to mention Frank didn't exactly give him easy throws either. 

7 minutes ago, Coltsfan98 said:

I doubt they put much into that appearance. That's a tough situation for an experienced backup and Eason's only a second year guy with zero regular season snaps. Not to mention Frank didn't exactly give him easy throws either. 

I hear what you're saying.

It is weird that they'd start Hundley though. He barely got any starter reps in training camp (if any). Ehlinger is hurt but he was the guy going toe to toe with Eason so for them to want to elevate Hundley to QB2, it's got to be based off what they saw last Sunday. I'm not saying it's fair. I just saw Eason not look ready for the heat, and also with the way the line has KO'd QB1, they're probably thinking it may be wise to have a guy in who can run for his life. 

1 hour ago, Colt.45 said:

I hear what you're saying.

It is weird that they'd start Hundley though. He barely got any starter reps in training camp (if any). Ehlinger is hurt but he was the guy going toe to toe with Eason so for them to want to elevate Hundley to QB2, it's got to be based off what they saw last Sunday. I'm not saying it's fair. I just saw Eason not look ready for the heat, and also with the way the line has KO'd QB1, they're probably thinking it may be wise to have a guy in who can run for his life. 

They can’t make a determination on that. If they do they need fired.

13 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

They can’t make a determination on that. If they do they need fired.

I don't know anymore. It's been a weird season/preseason. Wentz just needs to get rid of the ball early and stay healthy, and the expensive line need to do their damn jobs so we don't keep.....i won't even finish the statement, we have it better than many fanbases.

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

Obviously they dont think Eason has what is takes lol, at least at this moment. Scary

Yes/no. I mean if you didn’t activate Hundley, we’d go into the game with just 1 QB. So we

activated him and I think the reason we’re having him with the 1s is simply to try and get some rhythm going between him and what starters we have.  

18 hours ago, coming on strong said:

It would be irresponsible to put wentz on the field this Sunday . He would hurt his ankle worse and be out way longer . We started 1 and 5 and made a run in 2018 . Let him heal this weak and next then start him against the ravens . We can beat the dolphins with their terrible offense . Have us at 1and 3 with wentz back fully healthy against the ravens .

To make that statement you would need to know exactly the status of his injury at game time.  Also players play hurt all the time.  Wentz doesn't need to be treated like a princess in fact it won't help his cause to be the leader of this team if he can't do what so many others do.

If he can go even without his usual mobility he needs to because of that as well as if he doesn't it's a loss and the team is already down 0-2.  The right side is the problem but Reich is really good at balancing the run/pass.  Punter will probably need to ice his leg after this one but having Carson out there and gutting it out would be the best scenario at this moment in time.

If he's hurt so badly that the docs are hard against him playing through it then them's the breaks.  But I don't subscribe to that flag football stuff this is a man's game make no mistake and if you want to lead them you'd better be willing to endure some pain.  

Archived