Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wentz updates?

csmopar

12 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. It simply accomplishes zero. In his business, you try and keep your mouth shut unless you're saying something positive, or something that accomplishes things. He did neither. Just fed click bait writers and threw some gas on a political topic that Ballard and Reich are doing their best to ride the fence on. 

But yes, he's made enough little comments to lead many to think he's not a CW guy (regardless of vax statsu). I'm sure Reich and Ballard cringed when seeing it. 

I just cringed reading it. For several reasons.

Football related, it's just dumb to go waxing philosophical to beat reporters about the state of the franchise and guys medical history the night before a game.

I like Jim, but he'll run his mouth if someone sticks a camera in front of him.

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson's going to be a very good QB for us if we can get him to make a few minor tweaks to his game. And of course we have got to get the whole protection scheme together and execute it to a T. I still sort of wish we would have never let go of Guglielmo. Seemed like the line played nastier when he was here. And his scheme fits the type of back Jonathan Taylor is. Mack ran well with him as well.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I just cringed reading it. For several reasons.

Football related, it's just dumb to go waxing philosophical to beat reporters about the state of the franchise and guys medical history the night before a game.

I like Jim, but he'll run his mouth if someone sticks a camera in front of him.

I love Jim in many many ways. 

He's just not that smart/strategic in a lot of the things he does and says. 

But he's ours, and going nowhere, so I'm used to it lol. 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He is a great business man, loyal to his players and fans IMO and he hates losing. Having said that not the best speaker but many of us say stuff we shouldn't. Irsay should let Ballard do the speaking, JMO.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a great business man, loyal to his players and fans IMO and he hates losing. Having said that not the best speaker but many of us say stuff we shouldn't. Irsay should let Ballard do the speaking, JMO.

He is passionate. He says some stuff that fans are thinking. I cannot ever bring myself to knock it. 

And none of what he says is affecting CB and Reich. He knows enough to let them work. If he could let Pagano and Grigson do their jobs despite his comments, he sure as hell isn't affecting Chris Ballard.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yup. And Ballard is likely the one that has to smooth this over with a few guys lol.. 

He's cringing the most.

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. And Ballard is likely the one that has to smooth this over with a few guys lol.. 

He's cringing the most.

What is there to smooth over though? Jim Irsay stated the obvious. Sometimes i think we go overboard acting like Irsay is nuts. Even in the height of his addiction issues, he rarely said things that were incorrect, he just had less of a filter. This time he has basically said the QB has a history of dings and the vaccination issue makes things even more difficult. Seems reasonable.

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He is a huge Colt hater. I never listen to him, he once said Manning wasn't a top 10 QB of all-time lmao 

The dude is a straight up tool.

Colts hater, lives on drama and likes to insert politics into stuff..... , and just isn't good.

Never seen a fan base that likes him. Has had a few incidents where he was a radio show guest, and the host basically took him to task for being a tool. I recall when he hung up on one show host and then acted like a little beach. And his twitter pic tells you all you need to know lol.. 

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

This is interesting. He mentions even with Wentz playing Hundley might get some snaps. Maybe with Wentz immobility they use Hundley in some different packages. 

wouldn't be shocked to see all 3, but think it'll likely be at least two.

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

when jim said manning was good at putting up star wars numbers but the game is about super bowl wins and we only won one i cringed .

5 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

What is there to smooth over though? Jim Irsay stated the obvious. Sometimes i think we go overboard acting like Irsay is nuts. Even in the height of his addiction issues, he rarely said things that were incorrect, he just had less of a filter. This time he has basically said the QB has a history of dings and the vaccination issue makes things even more difficult. Seems reasonable.

Like I said, it will cause media drama. 

And it divides fans on the political nature of things.

It served zero purpose.

CW and DL likely let it roll off their backs, but it was a dig to what they believe in (right or wrong, regardless of stance) and they'll remember that. Ballard and Reich have both been masterful of riding the fence and being eloquent on the topic.  

Wouldn't doubt if Irsay was texting both this AM trying to "splain" things away before game time.

19 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

I think everyone who hears Irsay speak knows what to expect and the organisation just sorta rolls theirs eyes and goes "Oh Jim....."

Ballard is the head of the ship, Irsay is just the clubs biggest cheerleader who just so happens to also be the owner.

Dude has excellent taste in musical gear.. That alone makes him cool in my book (I'm into that kinda thing too).

13 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

when jim said manning was good at putting up star wars numbers but the game is about super bowl wins and we only won one i cringed .

Eh, that happened didn't it.

But to be fair, earlier in the thread I said I was all in on the move to Luck and no small part of that was a decade of knowing a playoff game was on the docket and Playoff Manning wasn't Star Wars Manning. 

We got one. That was cool.

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Like I said, it will cause media drama. 

And it divides fans on the political nature of things.

It served zero purpose.

CW and DL likely let it roll off their backs, but it was a dig to what they believe in (right or wrong, regardless of stance) and they'll remember that. Ballard and Reich have both been masterful of riding the fence and being eloquent on the topic.  

Wouldn't doubt if Irsay was texting both this AM trying to "splain" things away before game time.

Media drama? Any more than we already have had all preseason and into the season with this QB? Again, he stated the very obvious. I don't think he created any ripples at all. When you say it serves no purpose, i disagree. Some fans appreciate hearing the owner speak his mind and echo things that many fans are thinking. Now, when obviously it generally depends on which side of the divide the hearer falls on. For some, he has scratched sore wounds, for others it's someone of authority finally saying what needs to be said. FWIW, he has not said anything that Chris Ballard hasn't spoken on several times, Irsay's just said this when the season's kicked off.

Fans don't need much to be divided, heck folks sat down all offseason getting their knickers in a twist over the backup QB only to have Brett Hundley be the actual backup when push has come to shove. We fans are full of fickleness.

It isnt a distraction, if CW and DL take issue with Jim Irsay saying this then frankly that kind of Charmin softness could probably be done without. Both those guys have been approved by the owner. They don't come to Indy and get extensions without his green light. That he would call them out on vax issues isnt news or new. 

Just now, Colt.45 said:

Media drama? Any more than we already have had all preseason and into the season with this QB? Again, he stated the very obvious. I don't think he created any ripples at all. When you say it serves no purpose, i disagree. Some fans appreciate hearing the owner speak his mind and echo things that many fans are thinking. Now, when obviously it generally depends on which side of the divide the hearer falls on. For some, he has scratched sore wounds, for others it's someone of authority finally saying what needs to be said. FWIW, he has not said anything that Chris Ballard hasn't spoken on several times, Irsay's just said this when the season's kicked off.

Fans don't need much to be divided, heck folks sat down all offseason getting their knickers in a twist over the backup QB only to have Brett Hundley be the actual backup when push has come to shove. We fans are full of fickleness.

It isnt a distraction, if CW and DL take issue with Jim Irsay saying this then frankly that kind of Charmin softness could probably be done without. Both those guys have been approved by the owner. They don't come to Indy and get extensions without his green light. That he would call them out on vax issues isnt news or new. 

Half the fans are on the other side of the coin.

If you don't understand it's a divisive topic that should just be avoided, not sure what to tell you. 

Simply not smart business. Ballard gets it. Irsay doesn't.

Just now, EastStreet said:

Half the fans are on the other side of the coin.

If you don't understand it's a divisive topic that should just be avoided, not sure what to tell you. 

Simply not smart business. Ballard gets it. Irsay doesn't.

You don't avoid the obvious though, and the more divisive it is, the more necessary it is to let your POV be CLEAR. We did that dance with Luck's injuries and the fan trust in the organization is still broken. This VAX thing hasn't been avoided by anyone. Frank has spoken on it IN PUBLIC. Ballard has done same several times. This might be the 1st i've heard Jim Irsay come out clearly and give his POV.

I don't agree, i think it's extremely smart business. From the way Jim answered, the question he was asked seemed to be one along the lines of long term questions on Wentz so he gave the honest and very obvious answer. 

Again, there's this propensity i've noticed from fans (especially non Colts fans) to act like Jim Irsay is a non-savvy, wildcard who cannot get off substances and is just another rich whack job. That characterization is unfortunate. He stated the obvious and i applaud him for not dodging the question. 

4 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

We'll find out in a couple hours.

6 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

If Wentz doesn't go we (the Colts) will be rolled. If Wentz does go we (the Colts) will be humiliated. There is no third option.

Really?  Is this how you start your Sundays?  Shouldn't you be playing or watching basketball somewhere?

7 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Looks like having to dress 3 QB hurt Mack and Strachan today. 

I'm expecting a lot of dink/dunk, and passes to RBs today. JT and HInes heavy in passes likely. JT heavy on the ground. Doubt we see Wilkins a lot, but IIRC, he did have some very productive late game stuff in one of the TN games last year. Could be wrong on that though. 

Strachan was dealing with injury earlier this week IIRC.

5 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

I have a feeling Strachan blocking hasn’t been up too par. Otherwise it makes no sense. Wilkins over Mack is interesting.  

Wilkins over Mack is senseless. Hines does well against Tenn usually but you will never get me to agree with Wilkins over Mack especially on a day like this when the ground game is crucial.

Archived