Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you support signing Tom Brady on a 1-year deal?

I heard Colin Cowherd say he thinks we are the best fit for him next year if he doesn’t re-sign with NE. Creative coach, great organisation, excellent young O-line.  Personally, I think he’ll re-sign with NE, just putting that out there.

Thinking objectively about this here. Brady is at least top 2 in GOAT status. His football IQ is off the charts and his drive and leadership is close to being unrivalled. Seeing that we have his former understudy and good friend JB in the QB room currently, would he want to sign here?

At #13 I think we miss out on Burrow, Tua & Herbert. If we were to not pickup a QB early, would you support signing Brady to mentor JB for another year and try again next year at a QB of the future?

8 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I heard Colin Cowherd say he thinks we are the best fit for him next year if he doesn’t re-sign with NE. Creative coach, great organisation, excellent young O-line.  Personally, I think he’ll re-sign with NE, just putting that out there.

Thinking objectively about this here. Brady is at least top 2 in GOAT status. His football IQ is off the charts and his drive and leadership is close to being unrivalled. Seeing that we have his former understudy and good friend JB in the QB room currently, would he want to sign here?

At #13 I think we miss out on Burrow, Tua & Herbert. If we were to not pickup a QB early, would you support signing Brady to start/mentor JB for another year and try again next year at a QB of the future?

I wouldn't support it. Brady has sharply declined. Give me Rivers in a one-year deal. Better version of Brady at this point.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

At #13 I think we miss out on Burrow, Tua & Herbert. If we were to not pickup a QB early, would you support signing Brady to mentor JB for another year and try again next year at a QB of the future?

NO NO NO And HELL NO.   This is never going to happen for an abundance of reasons from starting with money an ending with He is the face of the  Patriots and all that represents. Please stop with these posts

1 hour ago, UKColt13 said:

Well to put it in simple terms for those thinking with their hearts and not their heads....Brady is 10 times better than Jacoby so heck yes. See I like to see the team get better so it's a pretty simple no brainer.

• Thanks 2

Support is a funny word? 

I'd never fully embrace him or his legacy, but I might be able to tolerate it if it's a thing that happens. I'd say the odds have to be less than 10% and are probably lower than 5%.

I'm cool with a FA QB coming in though.

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

No...he's almost done.

2 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I would much rather sign both Curtis Painter and pay him 100 million fully guaranteed per year than sign that Tom Brady. 

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's arguably the GOAT now. IMO only Peyton and Montana are the other 2 in that discussion for many reasons. Perhaps Unitas is in that discussion as well but he played when football was way different? 

Take away Hoodie and the rings, Brady is nothing special. I put Drew Brees higher than Tom Brady. He beats Tom in every category but Rings. And all of Brady’s come with asterisks anyway. Heck, they even had to cheat against the 0-16 Bengals

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

If I had to guess, Brady is better off going to Chicago. Great defense and run game and pretty good weapons in Robinson and Gabriel

He would do fine here I think.  He'd find Hines and Mack a lot out of the backfield and TY would be a great fit for him.  

I am not a big believer in what he has left, but if it's him or JB.  The choice should be obvious IMO.  

1 minute ago, Nickster said:

He would do fine here I think.  He'd find Hines and Mack a lot out of the backfield and TY would be a great fit for him.  

I am not a big believer in what he has left, but if it's him or JB.  The choice should be obvious IMO.  

There is too much bad blood for this to even be considered

2 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Brady, Rivers, Bridgewater, Eli Manning, Dalton, Winston

giphy.gif

Now, Derek Carr......

giphy.gif

Well done.  And I agree about Carr. . But I’d only give the Raiders pick # 44. Then grab the best DT and WR you can in the draft with picks 13 and 34 and you’re off to the races. No to bringing in any fading old QBs. That’s taking a step back. 

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Colt fans are really starting to sound delusional. 

Did you read the thread?

I'm the only person who even half hardheartedly said I might be able to tolerate it-and I'll expound, it's really largely because it'd drive Patriots fans nuts.

I also think he'd play better than JB but that's not even a tangible point being discussed here.