Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you support signing Tom Brady on a 1-year deal?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I heard Colin Cowherd say he thinks we are the best fit for him next year if he doesn’t re-sign with NE. Creative coach, great organisation, excellent young O-line.  Personally, I think he’ll re-sign with NE, just putting that out there.
 

Thinking objectively about this here. Brady is at least top 2 in GOAT status. His football IQ is off the charts and his drive and leadership is close to being unrivalled. Seeing that we have his former understudy and good friend JB in the QB room currently, would he want to sign here?

 

At #13 I think we miss out on Burrow, Tua & Herbert. If we were to not pickup a QB early, would you support signing Brady to mentor JB for another year and try again next year at a QB of the future?

 

 

Hell no, rather have Tebow than him. Brady would probably retire on opening day coin flip if he came to Indy anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

No.  I think it is more likely he goes to the Chargers and if that happens we can trade up to 5 and get Herbert or Love.  I can see the Dolphins moving up a few spots and taking Tua.  

I like Brady to chargers but none of the other QBs are worth trading up for. Take a QB in round two. Take Brown or Kinlaw at DT in 1st round.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how Colin Cowherd or anyone else sees Indy as the "perfect place" for Brady.

#1 - We have worse weapons to work with here than he had there.  So, why would he want to come?

#2 - Colts fans hate him.  Why would they want him to come?

#3 - At 42 years old, he's even more temporary than the temporary QB we already have, and any other veteran we might care to sign.  So, why would CB want to him to come?

 

No matter how you measure it, it doesn't make sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a Colts fan. Even if Brady was the QB, I would still be a Colts fan. I didnt stop watching when Peyton left, or Andrew left, and I wont stop watching if Brady comes here. I'll go out on a limb here and say that everyone Colts fan on this forum would still watch the games, therefore you can go ahead and assume yes they would still support the Colts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

English

No

Afrikaans 

Nee

Albanian 

Jo

Amharic 

Aye

Arabic 

Laa

Armenian 

Votch

Asturian 

Non, nun

Azerbaijani 

Yox

Basque 

Ez

Bengali 

Na

Bosnian 

Ne

Breton 

Nann

Bulgarian 

Ne

Cantonese 

M hai

Catalan 

No

Cornish 

Na

Creole 

Non

Croatian 

Ne

Czech 

Ne

Dagaare 

Danish 

Nej

Dutch 

Nee

English 

No

Esperanto 

Ne

Estonian 

Ei

Eurish 

No

Farsi 

Nah

Finnish 

Ei

French 

Non

Frisian 

Nee

Galician 

Nom – Non 

Georgian 

Ara

German 

Nein

Greek 

O’hi

Gujarati 

Naa

Hawaiian 

`A`ole

Hebrew 

Lo

Hindi 

Nahi

Holooe 

M¯-sï

Hungarian 

Nem

Icelandic 

Nei

Ido 

No

Indonesian 

Tidak

Interlingua 

No

Irish 

Ní hea, nil

Italian 

No

Japanese 

Iie

Korean 

A-nim-ni-da , A-ni-yo

Latin 

Non, Minime

Latvian 

Ne

Lithuanian 

Ne

Luganda 

Nedda

Malaysian 

Tidak

Mandarin 

Bú shì

Marshallese 

Jaab

Norwegian 

Nei

Occitan 

Non, nani ( formal )

Polish 

Nie

Europortuguese 

Não

Portuguese 

Não

Quecha 

Manan

Romanian 

Nu

Russian 

Net

Serbian 

Ne

Sesotho 

Tjhee

Slovak 

Nie

Slovenian 

Ne

Spanish 

No

Swahili 

Hapana

Swedish 

Nej

Tagalog 

Hindi

Thai 

Mai-chai/mai-oua

Tswana 

Nnyaa

Turkish 

Hayžr

Ukrainian 

Ni

Vietnamese 

Không

Welsh 

Nage

Wolof 

[No]

Xhosa 

Hayi

Yiddish 

Neyn

Zulu 

Cha

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, UKColt13 said:

I heard Colin Cowherd say he thinks we are the best fit for him next year if he doesn’t re-sign with NE. Creative coach, great organisation, excellent young O-line.  Personally, I think he’ll re-sign with NE, just putting that out there.
 

Thinking objectively about this here. Brady is at least top 2 in GOAT status. His football IQ is off the charts and his drive and leadership is close to being unrivalled. Seeing that we have his former understudy and good friend JB in the QB room currently, would he want to sign here?

 

At #13 I think we miss out on Burrow, Tua & Herbert. If we were to not pickup a QB early, would you support signing Brady to mentor JB for another year and try again next year at a QB of the future?

 

 


no 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the point if we don't also have Gronk and Edelman? 

 

We don't have the proper skill positions to help our QB.   And besides, Brady, like Manning, is pretty particular when it comes to the type of skill position players he works with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

There is too much bad blood for this to even be considered

I strongly disagree.  There are almost 0 players still here from 2014.  There is no bad blood at all on the field.  We've certainly had our share of former Patriots in that locker room in the past, with the obvious example of Adam Vinatieri being the most prominent.  For that matter our current QB is an ex Patriot.

 

Colts fans will hold onto old grudges, but no one on the field cares about the Manning era because none of them were there.

 

Quite honestly the Colts-Patriots rivalry was dead the moment Manning left, the only question was whether Luck could succeed enough to revive it and he didn't.  Move on folks. 

 

If he can make the team better, and he 100% can, then you do what you can to bring him in. 

 

Brady is, in fact, a perfect fit for what this offense is trying to do.  He's a quick release guy and our single largest problem was Brissett's slow release.  Our second biggest problem was Brissett being slow with progressions and no one goes through their reads quicker than a 20 year veteran who's done it all his adult life. 

 

He would make this team better.  If the goal is to be the best Colts team possible, then you swallow your pride, set aside some things that don't really matter, and welcome the man in, if he's willing to come here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

I strongly disagree.  There are almost 0 players still here from 2014.  There is no bad blood at all on the field.  We've certainly had our share of former Patriots in that locker room in the past, with the obvious example of Adam Vinatieri being the most prominent.  For that matter our current QB is an ex Patriot.

 

Colts fans will hold onto old grudges, but no one on the field cares about the Manning era because none of them were there.

 

Quite honestly the Colts-Patriots rivalry was dead the moment Manning left, the only question was whether Luck could succeed enough to revive it and he didn't.  Move on folks. 

 

If he can make the team better, and he 100% can, then you do what you can to bring him in. 

 

Brady is, in fact, a perfect fit for what this offense is trying to do.  He's a quick release guy and our single largest problem was Brissett's slow release.  Our second biggest problem was Brissett being slow with progressions and no one goes through their reads quicker than a 20 year veteran who's done it all his adult life. 

 

He would make this team better.  If the goal is to be the best Colts team possible, then you swallow your pride, set aside some things that don't really matter, and welcome the man in, if he's willing to come here.

 

And you'd be ok with him wearing Andrew's number

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HOZER said:

English

No

Afrikaans 

Nee

Albanian 

Jo

Amharic 

Aye

Arabic 

Laa

Armenian 

Votch

Asturian 

Non, nun

Azerbaijani 

Yox

Basque 

Ez

Bengali 

Na

Bosnian 

Ne

Breton 

Nann

Bulgarian 

Ne

Cantonese 

M hai

Catalan 

No

Cornish 

Na

Creole 

Non

Croatian 

Ne

Czech 

Ne

Dagaare 

Danish 

Nej

Dutch 

Nee

English 

No

Esperanto 

Ne

Estonian 

Ei

Eurish 

No

Farsi 

Nah

Finnish 

Ei

French 

Non

Frisian 

Nee

Galician 

Nom – Non 

Georgian 

Ara

German 

Nein

Greek 

O’hi

Gujarati 

Naa

Hawaiian 

`A`ole

Hebrew 

Lo

Hindi 

Nahi

Holooe 

M¯-sï

Hungarian 

Nem

Icelandic 

Nei

Ido 

No

Indonesian 

Tidak

Interlingua 

No

Irish 

Ní hea, nil

Italian 

No

Japanese 

Iie

Korean 

A-nim-ni-da , A-ni-yo

Latin 

Non, Minime

Latvian 

Ne

Lithuanian 

Ne

Luganda 

Nedda

Malaysian 

Tidak

Mandarin 

Bú shì

Marshallese 

Jaab

Norwegian 

Nei

Occitan 

Non, nani ( formal )

Polish 

Nie

Europortuguese 

Não

Portuguese 

Não

Quecha 

Manan

Romanian 

Nu

Russian 

Net

Serbian 

Ne

Sesotho 

Tjhee

Slovak 

Nie

Slovenian 

Ne

Spanish 

No

Swahili 

Hapana

Swedish 

Nej

Tagalog 

Hindi

Thai 

Mai-chai/mai-oua

Tswana 

Nnyaa

Turkish 

Hayžr

Ukrainian 

Ni

Vietnamese 

Không

Welsh 

Nage

Wolof 

[No]

Xhosa 

Hayi

Yiddish 

Neyn

Zulu 

Cha

monty python wine GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CR91 said:

 

And you'd be ok with him wearing Andrew's number

This never even entered my pea brain.  haha

 

I never thought that far ahead, because for me...... I just can't even imagine him as a part  of our team.

 

Just No!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CR91 said:

 

And you'd be ok with him wearing Andrew's number

It's not like Andrew's using it.

 

It's not like it will be retired.

 

In a word, I don't give a damn.  Andrew sacrificed his "I give a damn" points when he bailed on us with 3 weeks before opening snap.  We owe him nothing.

 

#12 will eventually be issued to another Colt.   Might as well be Brady as anyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

It's not like Andrew's using it.

 

It's not like it will be retired.

 

In a word, I don't give a damn.  Andrew sacrificed his "I give a damn" points when he bailed on us with 3 weeks before opening snap.  We owe him nothing.

 

#12 will eventually be issued to another Colt.   Might as well be Brady as anyone.

 

Retired no, but ring of honor is a possibility

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

It's not like Andrew's using it.

 

It's not like it will be retired.

 

In a word, I don't give a damn.  Andrew sacrificed his "I give a damn" points when he bailed on us with 3 weeks before opening snap.  We owe him nothing.

 

#12 will eventually be issued to another Colt.   Might as well be Brady as anyone.


chastain challenge GIF

 

:lol: Love it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

:banana:You have my vote for the #12.  Like the previous post "DEColtslover36" you're spot on about Luck bailing out on the team, we owe him nothing.  Just good riddance, good luck, time to move on, so the GOAT can wear his number, no arguments here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No but not because he's a *, but because he'll be fricken 43 by the time the season starts and he was clearly tailing off last season, which I have predicted his last 2 seasons to a T.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CR91 said:

 

Retired no, but ring of honor is a possibility

No it isn't. 

 

Look, kids, the whole Andrew Luck era was like 6 years and we won virtually nothing during it.  The only interesting things Andrew Luck will be remembered for are the Deflated footballs game where he got slaughtered by the Patriots, and for leading the league in touchdowns once in 2014.  That's the sum total of Luck's actual career highlights, as seen by anyone who doesn't bleed blue.

 

He was an exciting talent that oozed potential in everything he did but if it's over now, and it looks like it is, he didn't even come close to fulfilling any part of his potential. 

 

The Luck era will go down in the annals of Colts history mostly as a failure.  Some exciting games, some highlight reel plays, a good last hurrah last year, but bottom line is, we never got where we thought we were going. I don't "ring of honor" that.

 

Ultimately in the annals of football history Andrew Luck doesn't even reach the levels of such luminaries as Drew Bledsoe and Earl Morrall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

No it isn't. 

 

Look, kids, the whole Andrew Luck era was like 6 years and we won virtually nothing during it.  The only interesting things Andrew Luck will be remembered for are the Deflated footballs game where he got slaughtered by the Patriots, and for leading the league in touchdowns once in 2014.  That's the sum total of Luck's actual career highlights, as seen by anyone who doesn't bleed blue.

 

He was an exciting talent that oozed potential in everything he did but if it's over now, and it looks like it is, he didn't even come close to fulfilling any part of his potential. 

 

The Luck era will go down in the annals of Colts history mostly as a failure.  Some exciting games, some highlight reel plays, a good last hurrah last year, but bottom line is, we never got where we thought we were going. I don't "ring of honor" that.

 

Ultimately in the annals of football history Andrew Luck doesn't even reach the levels of such luminaries as Drew Bledsoe and Earl Morrall.

 

If you really think that low of Andrew then you're the one in denial. I'm not turning this into a Luck thread. Good day sir

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...