Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett selected as Pro Bowl Alternate

BleedBlue4Shoe86

So, this forum has been bagging on JB all season. There are people literally sitting at their TVs with their phones waiting to snap a picture of a missed read or an errant throw. Through all this he has pushed this team, with all the injuries, to a possible 8-8 record and a 

PRO BOWL SEASON. 

But there is not a single acknowledgement of this accomplishment. 

Edited by SteelCityColt
More accurate thread title
  • Like 1

Here are the AFC pro bowl quarterbacks:

Quarterback: Lamar Jackson*, Baltimore Ravens; Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs; Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans

Brissett isn’t listed and justifiably so.  He had a season absolutely nowhere near these QBs.

Hyping up an alternate selection is laughable and the forum should join me in laughter.

hahahahahahhaha

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So, this forum has been bagging on JB all season. There are people literally sitting at their TVs with their phones waiting to snap a picture of a missed read or an errant throw. Through all this he has pushed this team, with all the injuries, to a possible 8-8 record and a 

Can you list who did this?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

PRO BOWL SEASON. 

first, he wasn't selected to the pro-bowl.  He's an alternate, meaning a back up. and one of several. So at this moment, nothing to acknowledge. I was a big JB supporter until about 2 weeks ago, I've gone to the dark side because JB's play has over the 6 weeks as well.   We're ranked near the bottom offensively, not sure that equates to having a pro-bowl season and speaks more to how the pro bowl is a joke and has been a joke.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

PRO BOWL SEASON. 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nate! said:

Here are the AFC pro bowl quarterbacks:

Quarterback: Lamar Jackson*, Baltimore Ravens; Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs; Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans...

Good chance at least one or more of those listed QB's do not attend the Pro bowl.

Odds are Jacoby does make it.

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah it’s not an accomplishment lol. You always need backups. And when the competition is Baker Mayfield, Duck Hodges, Andy Dalton, Dereck Carr, etc... it really isn’t that hard to be named an alternate lol.

Carr had a better season than Brissett.   He should be the alternate.  

It is humorous that Jacoby has been named a backup for the pro bowl.   Most people have said that he is the best back up QB in the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah it’s not an accomplishment lol. You always need backups. And when the competition is Baker Mayfield, Duck Hodges, Andy Dalton, Dereck Carr, etc... it really isn’t that hard to be named an alternate lol.

Well maybe we should be thankful we've got Brissett instead of those guys.

Just goes to show you the lack of depth at proficient QB play in the AFC.

Brady, Rivers, Carr etc. had their moments but had considerably down years. Big Ben done for the year. Ryan Tannehill and/or Josh Allen should have been an alternate selection over Brissett, IMO, they have done things more at a higher efficiency level than JB, IMO.

The NFC QB depth is definitely better than the AFC. That is why, with every year passing by, I feel the Colts are squandering the chance to be at the top of just a top heavy AFC.

He’s averaging 204 yards passing a game, with a 62% completion percentage , a little over 1 TD per game and .5 INT per game.  The only way those are pro bowl numbers are if guys back out.  Yes I know he’s an alternate but just about every QB in the NFL is an alternate because so many back out.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, csmopar said:

first, he wasn't selected to the pro-bowl.  He's an alternate, meaning a back up. and one of several. So at this moment, nothing to acknowledge. I was a big JB supporter until about 2 weeks ago, I've gone to the dark side because JB's play has over the 6 weeks as well.   We're ranked near the bottom offensively, not sure that equates to having a pro-bowl season and speaks more to how the pro bowl is a joke and has been a joke.

Hey Rivers want to come, no thanks. How about you Mayfield... no Carr.. Minshew... Darnold... Rosen.. nope hey Jacoby good news...

12 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

PRO BOWL SEASON. 

That is hilarious...I want some of what this guy has been smokin'.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:26 AM, CurBeatElite said:

Mayfield's kind of an over-hyped punk, if you ask me.

i think hes talented but egos and attitude problems are running that team.  they play in a tough division too and really need a better coach 

• Like 1