Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew having to play at night, outside in primetime to get in the playoffs

GusFring

Sunday night games at home - beat Peyton, lost to Brady in that fake punt game once and that no name RB scoring 4 TDs another time.

Sunday night game on the road recently - at Texans, he lost to Brock Osweiler. 

Let us see how things go. We unfortunately need to prepare for "don't know what you get and is good for one streaky game" Blaine Gabbert over "consistently inconsistent" Mariota. 

59 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol hilarious! 

I assume Andrew Luck will be fine. I haven't really seen him affected by weather yet. The defense just needs to stop henry!

I am still out of LIKES but here is another one to make you laugh,

In my Bill Belichick voice: Titans are good in all phases. It comes down to this, either we will be out drinking champagne on New Years Night celebrating a win or at home a sleep with a blanket over our head knowing our season is over.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CR91 said:

Its not supposed to be bad weather. 40 degrees. No rain

Although i like the early report, it's way too early to tell that.  you also have to look at the weather forecast leading up to the game for field conditions, Thursday 100% chance of rain and continuing into Friday morning.  Nissan Stadium is natural grass.  Thursday / Friday forecast much more predictable than Sunday.  Crossing fingers nothing rolls in Sunday night.

49 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Has Luck ever lost to the Titans before? This season reminds me a little of 2010 when we had to win our last bunch of games to go 10 - 6 and get in the playoffs. I believe we had to beat the Titans that last week to get in as well if memory serves me correct.

It was the Jaguars we beat on December 19, 2010 to clinch the division for a #3 seed, and a playoff spot:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201012190clt.htm

I'm not saying we're world beaters who will stroll to a SB, but our guys are hungry and they know the pedigree of the Colts and how they're usually a playoff team.

Andrew and company will be ready to play. I'm not concerned about location, team or weather. 

54 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Although i like the early report, it's way too early to tell that.  you also have to look at the weather forecast leading up to the game for field conditions, Thursday 100% chance of rain and continuing into Friday morning.  Nissan Stadium is natural grass.  Thursday / Friday forecast much more predictable than Sunday.  Crossing fingers nothing rolls in Sunday night.

Friday afternoon bowl game at Nissan stadium. That could affect the field too.

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol hilarious! 

I assume Andrew Luck will be fine. I haven't really seen him affected by weather yet. The defense just needs to stop henry!

The defense hasn't let up a 100 yard rusher this year facing Joe Mixon, AP, Zeke, and Saquon. I'm sure we'll be fine. What I'm concerned about is the Titans using misdirection like the Giants did and getting Dion Lewis involved. Good news is they've abandoned that style for weeks now. Let's hope they try to pound Henry up the middle for the whole game!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

The defense hasn't let up a 100 yard rusher this year facing Joe Mixon, AP, Zeke, and Saquon. I'm sure we'll be fine. What I'm concerned about is the Titans using misdirection like the Giants did and getting Dion Lewis involved. Good news is they've abandoned that style for weeks now. Let's hope they try to pound Henry up the middle for the whole game!

The number one thing that concerned me is the speed of the Giants WRs and TEs that exploited our zones, when given time. Eli seemed like when he got time, he could get his WRs to high point the ball and get those completions. Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor are both those types of wide outs like Sterling Shepard. It reminded me of the Chargers days when Vincent Jackson, Floyd and Gates would out jump our diminutive DBs inside the zones.

Thankfully, Jonnu Smith and Delanie Walker are out for the season, and Jurell Casey, their best interior DT will also be out. They are limited on offense and trust me, they will use Dion Lewis in the pass catching game as the element of surprise since they know, outside the Falcons, the Colts give the second most catches to RBs but recently, we have been tackling better underneath. Evan Engram did scare me as I thought we had held opposing TEs under check for a while. The Giants' game film will be watched a lot to exploit our D and pressure Luck as well. If we scout our own weaknesses, they will have less to go based on and the Giants' game has been the exception to the norm where we made a lot of mental mistakes.

We need Ryan Kelly, Geathers and Eric Ebron, period, for this game.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The number one thing that concerned me is the speed of the Giants WRs and TEs that exploited our zones, when given time. Eli seemed like when he got time, he could get his WRs to high point the ball and get those completions. Corey Davis and Taywan Taylor are both those types of wide outs like Sterling Shepard. It reminded me of the Chargers days when Vincent Jackson, Floyd and Gates would out jump our diminutive DBs inside the zones.

Thankfully, Jonnu Smith and Delanie Walker are out for the season, and Jurell Casey, their best interior DT will also be out. They are limited on offense and trust me, they will use Dion Lewis in the pass catching game as the element of surprise since they know, outside the Falcons, the Colts give the second most catches to RBs but recently, we have been tackling better underneath. Evan Engram did scare me as I thought we had held opposing TEs under check for a while. The Giants' game film will be watched a lot to exploit our D and pressure Luck as well. If we scout our own weaknesses, they will have less to go based on and the Giants' game has been the exception to the norm where we made a lot of mental mistakes.

We need Ryan Kelly, Geathers and Eric Ebron, period, for this game.

The big question is will Mariota play? Because if Blaine Gabbert plays this could be 38-10 all over again...

10 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

The big question is will Mariota play? Because if Blaine Gabbert plays this could be 38-10 all over again...

True. I expect the Titans to use play action if the Colts sell out to stop the run vs Henry, very much like the Giants did using Barkley's running prowess as an advantage. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

It was the Jaguars we beat on December 19, 2010 to clinch the division for a #3 seed, and a playoff spot:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201012190clt.htm

Ya that wasn't the game that clinched it for us though both teams were 8 - 6 after that game. We needed that win against the Titans the final week to get in which is why Peyton played the entire game. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201101020clt.htm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

so were just going to overlook the fact that on Monday night two years ago luck dominated the jets . relax Luck will be fine although if pags were still coaching id probably be pacing all week:lol:

And divisional round away at Mile High against the Broncos... 

• Thanks 1