Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Mutual interest between Colts and Andre Johnson (merge)

Dustin

With today's news on Reggie and Marshal this seems more likely. Colts need another WR and I believe Pagano and Johnson also have history from Miami. There are other WRs out there so the Colts might go in that direction but I do think they will add a vet free agent and not a rookie draft pick with the group they have now. Johnson would be a good fit in Indy if the Colts can make the price tag work.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Colts were looking at another burner to get open like TY Hilton spreading the defense and if they are that means young meat.

I don't think signing Johnson would have any impact on their decision to get "young meat" in the draft.  In fact I would expect them to sign a vet and also draft a WR as well.

This is one we need.  Outside of T.Y., there is very little combined real game experience among Moncrief, Carter and Whalen.  I have a feeling Luck could make Johnson look like his former self again.  He is 33, yes, but he's roughly the same age Reggie was when Luck arrived.  Reggie was highly productive Luck's first season, and if not for the knee injury in 2013, would have been highly productive for two seasons, if not all three.  Johnson could give us three good seasons. 

Yeah Right!  Why would Johnson fight to be released so that he could negotiate his own deal, and then agree to team mandated "controls" that he can't sign with the Colts?  How would that be negotiating your own deal?

I'd expect Baltimore, Indy, Seattle, and NE would be high on his list. I am not for paying premium money to a guy at his age but to keep him away from those guys and give us a veteren receiver to pair up with our young undependable guys I would be ok paying him similar to what Reggie was making. It scares me to think of him playing in NE...and that is a possibility in my mind.

So I don't know how true this can really be and I'm just relaying what I've heard, but apparently there is a mutual agreement between Johnson and the Texans that if he is released, he won't sign with the Colts.

About as true as the the ocean front property located in Kansas that I'm trying to sell...