Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Mutual interest between Colts and Andre Johnson (merge)

Dustin

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But there is a contract now. They don't have to release him. They might be bluffing, but I don't know if he'd call their bluff. (Then again, the whole story might be made up.)

Edit- looks like he's been released, so unless he agreed to some terms 1st, it looks like he's free game. Go for it!

He's declining, never pay 25 year-old money to a 34 year-old

You guys just do not understand. We have tons of cap space. So much so, that we are actually forced to pay bigger contacts than normal to reach the minimum cap spending. This paying johnson $10M a year is not a big deal.

You guys just do not understand. We have tons of cap space. So much so, that we are actually forced to pay bigger contacts than normal to reach the minimum cap spending. This paying johnson $10M a year is not a big deal.

No we are not required to spend. That's a 4 year rolling average and we're already over.

Heard there may be a mutual agreement between #Texans and Andre Johnson that if team released him he wouldn't sign with the #Colts. Hope not

— Nick Ragsdale (@NFLCrystalBall)

March 9, 2015

Nick Ragsdale @NFLCrystalBall Follow

Heard there may be a mutual agreement between #Texans and Andre Johnson that if team released him he wouldn't sign with the #Colts. Hope not

I wouldnt be upset if the Colts didnt get him.  Can take or leave him. 

I think that's true for some teams,  but the Colts are not one of them.

The Colts are over the rolling minimum average.

We're not padding contracts just so we can reach the floor....   we're already over the floor and have been.

I do not see us spending $10 Mill per on Andre Johnson.    I'd be stunned if we do....

lmao! Put down the pipe.

And  No one will pay him close to that.

You should probably refrain from saying "you guys don't understand" when the evidence in this post suggests it is you that your commentary applies to.

Wonder what number he'll wear? Fleener has 80

seems we have trended to the teens with our guys.

LOL at Rappaport for not mentioning us as one of Andre Johnson's top suitors on NFL Network just now. He said Seattle, New England, and Green Bay. Didn't even mention us. Mark it down Rapp. Andre Johnson will be a Colt.

or maybe we just aren't interested. It is a very likely explanation. So far grigson has rarely targeted guys people on this board have mentioned (probably a good thing lol).